wow, official news

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knight_neural_centre
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: wow, official news

Post by knight_neural_centre » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:43 pm

I want to eventually make a longer - and seperate - topic about this, but to keep in line with this current topic, I'll question the way people are putting so much into the fact that Glen Larson is behind the movie... if it ever comes about, which is doubtful.

Remembering that Glen didn't come up with the original concept, that was down to the bigwigs at NBC/Universal at the time who wanted a new primetime show with an attractive male lead. But they were worried about acting credentials for such a part, and joked about having the car do most of the talking. These jokes became serious conversations, and once a few basic points were set in concrete they hired Glen Larson to flesh it out into a proper pilot episode.

Glen did indeed write the first film-length episode, and yes he did create great characters and a fantastic way of bringing all of this together in a credible way. He probably wrote a loose "series bible", but then he never wrote another episode. Halfway through season one, a mere 13 episodes in all (if you count Knight Of The Pheonix as two) he left to go to Fox to create, write and PROPERLY Executive Produce The Fall Guy. He was only show runner for half a year.

Originally R.A. Cinader was to become show-runner, but after his untimely death Larson handed it over to Robert Foster, who saw it through the remainder of its three-and-a-half seasons. I actually doubt the show would've lasted that long if it had stayed the same as those first few. Yes they were enjoyable and I love them all, but what came later in seaosn one, and most definitely in the successive years, was even better.

Now I would be VERY interested if Bob Foster came on board the new series as a guest writer or creative consultant, but I have to say that it was said before online that NBC approached Larson about having some preliminary involvement but he turned them down.

I think the show is in excellent hands as it is.

Now I'm not bitching about Larson, far from it. I love what he did with the show and we all owe him a debt of gratitude, but I think too much stock is being put into this whole thing of "Larson is the only one who knows what real Knight Rider is"! He's not! Let's remember he was given the idea by someone else, he then created the characters and the original scenario and set ups, but then left after half a year. Like I said, what he did was great, but let's remember that people like Bob Foster probably, in the long run, had more to do with its long-term success.

And in a final note, MGM TV approached Emmerich et all who created the original Stargate movie to do the series MGM wanted to do, but Emmerich et all wanted a trio of films instead.... MGM did not. The original writers turned the offer down, and even very publicly criticised the series when it started... but look at what happened! I doubt the series would've had the depth of character and storytelling it did, and it woulda had nowhere near the success, if the movie's creators had actually taken the gig... make of that what you will.
"Music hath the charm to soothe the savage breast."
Michael Knight.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:27 pm

I want to eventually make a longer - and seperate - topic about this, but to keep in line with this current topic, I'll question the way people are putting so much into the fact that Glen Larson is behind the movie... if it ever comes about, which is doubtful.

- Look, you belive what you wish. I've already explained he's involved, he's been working on the script, he's been shown in a video with script in hand, and in the forthcoming book you will get the confirmation of exactly what I've been saying for months now.

Remembering that Glen didn't come up with the original concept, that was down to the bigwigs at NBC/Universal at the time who wanted a new primetime show with an attractive male lead. But they were worried about acting credentials for such a part, and joked about having the car do most of the talking. These jokes became serious conversations, and once a few basic points were set in concrete they hired Glen Larson to flesh it out into a proper pilot episode.

- Glen did too come up with the original concept. All the network wanted was another "buddy cop" show. Glen chose to take the model of what was successful at the time and give it a twist by making the "buddy" a talking car. The networks, fearing a flop like My Mother The Car fought him every step of the way until he convinced them that this show would not be purely comedy and then the ratings came in and further confirmed Glen knew what he was talking about. This is another reason why Michael Knight's "creation" is such a dark tale in the pilot. The actual origin of Knight Rider is pretty dark for those days, even if it was presented in such a way it could be shown to families. Please try to get your facts in order when you presume to explain the past. He might have been last on the list but it was his creative vision, his creative insite into putting together a cast that worked (well after he moved on) and most importantly his creative vision that sought out Michael Scheffe, giving us one of the most recognized television automobiles of all time.

Glen did indeed write the first film-length episode, and yes he did create great characters and a fantastic way of bringing all of this together in a credible way. He probably wrote a loose "series bible", but then he never wrote another episode. Halfway through season one, a mere 13 episodes in all (if you count Knight Of The Pheonix as two) he left to go to Fox to create, write and PROPERLY Executive Produce The Fall Guy. He was only show runner for half a year.

- When you're an executive producer as well as a creative person with different ideas in your head, you like to get those ideas out just like with Battlestar Galactica. Glen did what he felt at the time, he was inspired to do. Take things to another level and keep trying to create hit after hit.

Originally R.A. Cinader was to become show-runner, but after his untimely death Larson handed it over to Robert Foster, who saw it through the remainder of its three-and-a-half seasons. I actually doubt the show would've lasted that long if it had stayed the same as those first few. Yes they were enjoyable and I love them all, but what came later in seaosn one, and most definitely in the successive years, was even better.

- Actually the networks brought in Foster, not Glen himself. I agree that Robert Foster brought things up to another level, especially with Goliath, Garthe, and K.A.R.R. As far as your "doubt" the critics and the networks kept saying Knight Rider wouldn't last another few weeks and consistantly up until the god awful "super pursuit mode", they were proven wrong. You can't use that as a measuring stick to judge a forthcoming motion picture.

Now I would be VERY interested if Bob Foster came on board the new series as a guest writer or creative consultant, but I have to say that it was said before online that NBC approached Larson about having some preliminary involvement but he turned them down.

- Rightfully so. Glen is working on the motion picture and he was negotiating movie deals before NBC ever made their decision to "make a tv series" of Knight Rider again. They knew his intentions and they know their intentions now despite both camps "playing nice" at this point. Foster would be great for the new series but given they want to create "the next generation" or "new mythology" of Knight Rider, I don't see it happening.

I think the show is in excellent hands as it is.

- I think Gary Scott Thompson is far better then the previous people handling the backdoor pilot. I believe at this point time is really going to tell but I will not relent in voicing my disappointment with some of the decisions that have been made.

Now I'm not bitching about Larson, far from it. I love what he did with the show and we all owe him a debt of gratitude, but I think too much stock is being put into this whole thing of "Larson is the only one who knows what real Knight Rider is"! He's not! Let's remember he was given the idea by someone else, he then created the characters and the original scenario and set ups, but then left after half a year. Like I said, what he did was great, but let's remember that people like Bob Foster probably, in the long run, had more to do with its long-term success.

- Team effort is a team effort. Larson started what Foster took over, remember that. He knows his characters and he knows his intentions for them. He was NOT given the idea by someone else, get your facts in line. I challenge you to prove otherwise.

And in a final note, MGM TV approached Emmerich et all who created the original Stargate movie to do the series MGM wanted to do, but Emmerich et all wanted a trio of films instead.... MGM did not. The original writers turned the offer down, and even very publicly criticised the series when it started... but look at what happened! I doubt the series would've had the depth of character and storytelling it did, and it woulda had nowhere near the success, if the movie's creators had actually taken the gig... make of that what you will.

- You think the Stargate series was better then the actual movie? I have to disagree there. With spin-off after spin-off it got progressively worse and campy in my opinion going from something believable like Egyptian based roots, to mythical Atlantis. If you created a very personal vision of a world and then someone else was allowed to systematically expand it in directions you didn't want to go in, how do you think you'd feel when say your main character goes from a strong willed, masculine, handsome, expert fighter to say an complete incompetent coward who retires to run a dry cleaning store and swears off using guns because he's turned feminine.

I don't mind people voicing their opinons but when it's in a negative light against Glen, built upon shaky foundations of truth it does tend to send the wrong message. Whether you believe Larson will produce a good movie or not, that's up to you to decide but try to present your opinion on more solid foundation in the future.

Glen isn't the savior of Knight Rider who is going to lead everyone to a promised land where they get everything they want, but he is its creator and its father. He created the vision of Knight Rider, not the networks. They gave his pilot a title but he produced the presentation that convinced them to complete it. He stayed up endless nights adding and revising shot after shot to give the best possible two-hour "movie" he could. You have no idea how his crew grew frustrated with his level of involvment from music to the editing room floor.

Glen put his heart and soul into those "13" episodes of Knight Rider and quite frankly without the "team" involvement, Knight Rider wouldn't be revived today. Larson deserves just as much appreciation and credit as Robert Foster, and the original cast who gave their character visions life. The stuntmen like Jack Gill, the camera men, the producers, the composers, and the legions of writers. All these people contributed to the overall success of Knight Rider but just like with the pilot, the motion picture re-imagining starts with the source and that is Glen A. Larson.

You really should be greatful that at his age, Glen still wants to make the movie in the first place. That is passion, that is inspiration, and that is something you can't just teach someone to possess. That's why I firmly believe the motto, "In Glen Larson We Trust" because I have seen first hand his passionate drive to see this project finally happen against many obstructions standing in his way.

=VK=
:dash:

knight_neural_centre
Volunteer

Post by knight_neural_centre » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:21 pm

Okay, there was no need to attack in such a way, I have said plenty of times that I am grateful to Glen for what he created, I never took that away from him (and I may not have the reference point at hand, but I know that the network wanted a talking car but didn't know how to put it together, Glen did so when he was hired, and he did so extremely masterfully) my point was that people seem to forget that it was a team that put the show together, and that Foster was the main Executive Producer over the entire run. You seem to agree with me on the "team" thing, but you attack me because of my opinion of the involvement of Mr Larson. I know how involved he was at the start, I know all that, but my point wasn't in taking anything away from him. It was to get people to realise that his involvement wasn't the only factor in the show's success, and that his involvement or non-involvement in any future or current KR project does not indicate its success or failure. That was all.

After all, I think we are both in agreement over what my original point is - the team behind the original vision shouldn't be forgotten. If you misunderstood my post I apologise for any misleading wording, but I stand by it.

And I wasn't simply saying that I believe the series of SG1 is better than the film (I do believe so, even though I loved the film, but that wasn't my point), my point was how successful it was both critically and commercially. As an example that it can work. Sometimes it's not the original writer that has the most successful ways of developing an idea, that was all.

I have great respect for you Victor (sorry, temporarily forgotten your real name, please take no offence.... Nick, isn't it?) I really do, and am looking forward to your book(s), and I know you understand as you have Foster involved too. And I believe two KR projects might work side-by-side, might not but hey they might we just don't know for sure, but right now I'm looking forward to the series more. Probably because it's here, and looks cool! :D I have great respect for Larson too, but I think Foster needs to be up there too, that was all.

Hope you understand where I am coming from :)
"Music hath the charm to soothe the savage breast."
Michael Knight.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:49 pm

Okay, there was no need to attack in such a way, I have said plenty of times that I am grateful to Glen for what he created, I never took that away from him (and I may not have the reference point at hand, but I know that the network wanted a talking car but didn't know how to put it together, Glen did so when he was hired, and he did so extremely masterfully) my point was that people seem to forget that it was a team that put the show together, and that Foster was the main Executive Producer over the entire run. You seem to agree with me on the "team" thing, but you attack me because of my opinion of the involvement of Mr Larson. I know how involved he was at the start, I know all that, but my point wasn't in taking anything away from him. It was to get people to realise that his involvement wasn't the only factor in the show's success, and that his involvement or non-involvement in any future or current KR project does not indicate its success or failure. That was all.

- I wasn't attacking you, attacking would have been saying something like "What the hell are you talking about? You're an idiot, quit while you're behind and so on." As I would in a debate, I questioned your sources for your point. I agree with you that a team of people is responsible for the success of Knight Rider as well as the fans who continue to keep its spirit alive. I questioned the validity of your statement that the network came up with the idea of Knight Rider, not Glen himself which is inaccurate information that can mislead people into thinking in the wrong direction.

After all, I think we are both in agreement over what my original point is - the team behind the original vision shouldn't be forgotten. If you misunderstood my post I apologise for any misleading wording, but I stand by it.

- I have always agreed with that point, I have made sure to recognize the other people besides Glen that made Knight Rider a success and indicate that it was both cast and crew that made the show so memorable from performances to design.

And I wasn't simply saying that I believe the series of SG1 is better than the film (I do believe so, even though I loved the film, but that wasn't my point), my point was how successful it was both critically and commercially. As an example that it can work. Sometimes it's not the original writer that has the most successful ways of developing an idea, that was all.

- Not a problem. We all have our opinions on what is successful and what isnt, there's nothing wrong with having opposing viewpoints as long as it's respectful right?

I have great respect for you Victor (sorry, temporarily forgotten your real name, please take no offence.... Nick, isn't it?) I really do, and am looking forward to your book(s), and I know you understand as you have Foster involved too. And I believe two KR projects might work side-by-side, might not but hey they might we just don't know for sure, but right now I'm looking forward to the series more. Probably because it's here, and looks cool! I have great respect for Larson too, but I think Foster needs to be up there too, that was all.

- I don't blame people for wanting to see what NBC's series is going to do, after all there's no firm information released about the motion picture at this time. No posters, no trailers, no articles in magazines, just basically what I've been saying and what I've been able to show. To that degree you just have to decide if you continue to have faith that a motion picture is coming, or if you decide to feel the movie will never materailize and since NBC has at least created their series, you might as well settle for what you're being given and let it grow on you, even if you don't feel it is what you expected or preferred it to be. That's what they're banking on, your acceptability.

I have tremendous respect for Glen Larson, Robert Foster, Stu Phillips, Don Peake, Tom Greene, and so many others I can't even recall at the moment. As far as creators go, I greatly admire what Glen is trying to do against what the critics may say and against what the studios may say. He's investing his time and energy into making this movie happen and happen the way he wishes to see it happen. All the things that made the pilot so special, he's trying to make work today and that's a tremendous challenge to do when your audience's tastes have changed and the level of special effects/visual effects has become so streamlined that it's becoming harder to do something people or other studios haven't seen before.

Hope you understand where I am coming from

- I do understand and I respect that. I've said before I don't expect people to agree with what I say, I just expect that if they choose to conflict with my viewpoints, they present a strong rebutal supported by accurate information whenever possible (depending on the importance of the subject matter). Hearsay isn't exactly credible. "I heard this, someone told me that, I read this here" - things get lost in translation.

I have no ill feelings towards you personally whatsoever. In general I just have concerns when Glen's name is mentioned in a negative light. That may not have been your intention, but that's how it came across to me at the time.

=VK=

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:01 pm

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Breaking News>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Knight rider feature film and soundtrack.

In a suprising move it has been announced that a new joint venture between Glen Larson and Geffen Records has been formed to release the new Glenn Larson produced "knight rider" movie. Geffen records will also release the epic long awaited Guns n Roses album chinese democracy as the official knight rider soundtrack. For many years fans have been familiar with the connection between the wizzard of oz and pink floyd. Well the same connection is being made here with knight rider and guns n roses. Simply press play when the movie begins and the chinese democracy will play throughout the movie and enhance your movie experiece.

Sorry guys I coulden't resist... :good:
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:10 pm

DevonStyles wrote:<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Breaking News>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In a suprising move it has been announced that a new joint venture between Glen Larson and Geffen Records has been formed to release the new Glenn Larson produced "knight rider" movie. Geffen records will also release the epic long awaited Guns n Roses album chinese democracy as the official knight rider soundtrack. For many years fans have been familiar with the connection between the wizzard of oz and pink floyd. Well the same connection is being made here with knight rider and guns n roses. Simply press play when the movie begins and the chinese democracy will play throughout the movie and enhance your movie experiece.

I can only say one thing:LOL! :lol: ZOMG I've finally reached my 300th. post! :kitt:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

DeeKnight
Operative

Post by DeeKnight » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:54 pm

^^The movie and soundtrack will be available at best buy.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:06 am

Plus the movie will be premiered first on NetFilix.

Couldn't resist either! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
Petition #9

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:40 pm

DevonStyles wrote:<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Breaking News>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I don't know if I'd quite put Glen Larson on the same pedestal as Axl Rose;) 2 of the things I enjoy the most...together as one! 8)
On a serious note: Chinese Democracy is likely to come out before Knight Rider the movie does, however;) We've got 'Shackler's Revenge in Rock Band 2', 'If the World' in the upcoming movie Body of Lies...Soon is the word!
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HyperCaz
Rookie

Post by HyperCaz » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:42 pm

I don't see any problem with a movie and show that have little to do with each other. That Terminator TV show certainly has nothing to do the third installment of the movies, so why should this case be any different?

Hoping for more news, but I don't mind how long it takes. :)
BEWARE: shipper alert

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:55 am

Skav wrote:Some great points in previous posts. But Knight Rider and a strong script together in one sentence? :lol:

I was also thinking of the Smallville comparison but, again, as mentioned, KR is NOT a classic in terms of being on the same scale as Superman or Batman. I'm a fan of the show but I'm not a blind fan.

Most people remember the show as a camp 80's series for kids. Right there, that tells you a lot.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if the studios are just plain SCARED of making the movie because of what happened with Dukes of Hazzard, Miami Vice etc.

Miami Vice was a serious movie, much more than the comedic Dukes of Hazzard.....and still flopped. Baring in mind it was also directed by the great Michael Mann.

The Transformers movie worked and was a great movie at that but unfortunately, that's due to it's bigger cult fanbase and the fact that the original product was an animation show.

When you have a LIVE action show about a talking car, the overall tone becomes a bit of a joke to some people.

I believe the movie will come, not for a few yrs yet, however, the script DOES exist because I saw Larson hold it up in a video.

Unless it was something else and he was lying and I'm not prepared to make that accusation.
But at least miami vice has style and flashiness, unlike the dreadful dukes of hazzard which should be locked up in boss hogg's jail cell and never be seen again.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:57 pm

Glen's feature film is coming but it is taking a while to get the second script revision where it needs to be. I can confirm with absolute certainty that there have been two complete scripts turned into TWC. The first was before the WGA strike, the second was more recent. Both contained substantial changes and neither one connects to or involves the new television series on NBC.

Both versions of the motion picture script contain many of the characters from Knight of the Phoenix and some new ones as well. K.I.T.T. is black, shiny, nearly invulnerable, and yes...has a single cylon scanner bar in the front grill.

With a motion picture that involves gathering at least 100 million dollars or more you have what they call, "Too many cooks in the kitchen." This is what is fundamentally slowing down the progression of the motion picture not to mention the economic hardships that everyone is feeling. There are many different execs giving their notes and trying to weed through them to figure out which ones are relevant and which ones are just studio advice takes time to sort out.

You have to keep in mind, Knight Rider has never been featured on the epic scale and expectations of a big screen motion picture. While several attempts have been made to get it to the big screen, still the story and action must be able to sustain an audience's attention for two hours or so.

You don't have the flexibilty of an entire series to unravel your storyline so it has to have a pace that fits the tone and structure of the film's running time allotment. Because Glen wants to give Knight Rider a fresh start and re-introduce or "re-imagine" if you will the genesis story of how Knight Rider will once again rebuild a newly updated mythology, it takes considerable time, patience, and negotiation to make sure what is written on paper holds up to the final product that the audiences themselves will judge and either embrace or reject.

Knight Rider as a property has so many different expectations that are attached to the name and because of those expecations we want to make sure that fans are not disappointed. We want this movie to be the one movie fans have been waiting for and when Michael and KITT like a mighty pheonix, rise again in their feature film incarnations the audience will once again be inspired and excited by their presence and hopefully embrace the new mythology being created by the original creator Glen A. Larson, once more as he intended it to be.

So with all that being said, when there is solid news to report (that I can disclose) you can count on ol' VK to give you information you can bank on because as far as Knight Rider communities go, I'm the closest source to the real deal and I will not lie to the fans who continue to support what Glen started and what he will ultimately continue upon a grander stage where audiences will once again experience a shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Glen and I thank you for your support, your advice, and your patience. As Glen said in his Knightcon 07 video...

“Looking to the future, I might suggest you keep your eye on the horizon because like a mighty phoenix, K.I.T.T. will rise from the ashes to fight the forces of evil once more. I assure you Michael Knight will ride again.”

Until the next time I have something to report for you...

The Knight Rides On.

=VK=

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:28 am

The Smallville analogy doesn't work for KR.

Smallville was warmly accepted by Superman fans.
KR 2008 was almost universally bashed at introduction by most KR fans.

The reception was so harsh for KR 2008 -- Glen will never get the money
to finance his project. If the economy was better, he'd might have a
shot. But film financing is so tight now -- The KR film is D.O.A.
There ain't no E in Garth, damn it.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:48 am

welcome back vic. do you think the feature film will get into production this year? and is the release date of 2010 still going to hold up or will they delay the release date to a later year?
in glen larson we trust.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:03 am

knightprobe89 wrote:welcome back vic. do you think the feature film will get into production this year? and is the release date of 2010 still going to hold up or will they delay the release date to a later year?
- Thank you. I have been and will continue to be curiously optimistic. I believe the movie will get back on track and into production but it won't be released until at least 2010 as it takes substantial time to make a movie of this magnitude deliver what it needs to on the silver screen to become a blockbuster success.

=VK=

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:58 am

Good to hear from you VK! Do you think that we will get the see the other script if it isn't taken into production? That is of course after the movie is released.

Thanks!

Joe

starryeyesgina
Stranger

Post by starryeyesgina » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:10 pm

I am so curious to see the outcome of this after hearing all of the gossip.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:22 am

HisNameisGarth wrote:The reception was so harsh for KR 2008 -- Glen will never get the money
to finance his project. If the economy was better, he'd might have a
shot. But film financing is so tight now -- The KR film is D.O.A.
Although you have a point, I'm not abandoning hope yet.You shouldn't abandon it either! :) Let's think optimistically!
Petition #9

MikeBKnight
Rookie

Post by MikeBKnight » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:09 pm

Welcome back VK !
I wish Glen the BEST of luck getting this Motion Picture on the Big Screen. I know for a FACT that Glen will put Knight Rider back on the track it SHOULD be on. I have complete faith that Glen will NOT disappoint us.
Please thank him for me (and anyone else involved with the new movie for that matter) for all the hard work and effort they are putting in to getting Knight Rider back on track !!
I personally can't WAIT for it to hit the big screens :)

knight_Sam
Recruit

Post by knight_Sam » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:02 am

VK thanks for the update being from India I hardly get any update on Knight Rider until & unless I use this blog for me even to get the complete first series of KR was a task which I have accomplished & now thanks to all you wonderful people who uplaod the new episodes on the web I get them just days after the telecast. For all I care I am just happy that KITT is back & the series has come alive again & I would love for it to stay that way & a huge thanks to GLEN for all this & his undying effort to get KITT on the BIG SCREEN. Thanks GLEN you rock.

jyd85
Operative

Post by jyd85 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:59 am

Ditto to everything MikeBKnight said. Welcome back Victor! :good:
If you'd be so kind as to put me down.

Down?

My dear, I'm a car. Not a plane.

Knight_uk
Volunteer

Post by Knight_uk » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:04 am

I have complete faith in Glen and if he says he is going to make a big screen movie of Knight Rider then I believe it will happen. Like all KR fans i'm desperate to see it happen but it won't happen overnight. I'm aware the rumours have been circulating for a long time now and nothing seems to have happened but I trust Glen Larson 100%. I grew up watching his shows and he brought me and others worldwide a lot of enjoyment. I for one can't wait for this project to come to fruition but I'm prepared to wait as long as is neccessary for Glen to get it right the way he wants it, he will get it right too IMO. If Glen was british I'm sure he would be Sir Glen A. Larson by now as I and millions of others have loved his work.
MK: All these buttons and gadgets and there's no radio?
K.I.T.T.: What would you like to hear?

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:05 am

Any Idea what is the time line we are talking about here? I mean how long untill we hear the production and filming already started??? Image :kitt:

::Jon::
Recruit

Post by ::Jon:: » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:17 am

Hey - question for VK... If NBC do somehow go with a second season, will that affect your timeline?

If a second season is made, would you think that will improve the monetary situation (due to apparent popularity of the franchise) and keep it on track for 2010, or will TWC delay this project until NBC's show is out-of-the-way ?

Just an opinion sought, no crucifying if the answer turns out to be wrong.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:45 pm

::Jon:: wrote:Hey - question for VK... If NBC do somehow go with a second season, will that affect your timeline?

If a second season is made, would you think that will improve the monetary situation (due to apparent popularity of the franchise) and keep it on track for 2010, or will TWC delay this project until NBC's show is out-of-the-way ?

Just an opinion sought, no crucifying if the answer turns out to be wrong.
From my perspective, a renewed season will not help the motion picture get into production because while fans will decide if they like both or one direction for the franchise, studios don't like competition with like properties. On the other hand a renewal of the series keeps the franchise of Knight Rider strong which means more paychecks for Glen.

So really it's a matter of perspective. It's a question no fan or insider can answer, only the TWC can decide how much or how little the series would effect their decision to greenlight the motion picture and get it into production.

=VK=