4,841 Kitt Phrases & FX DVD + More!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

RafaelLOJ
Operative

4,841 Kitt Phrases & FX DVD + More!

Post by RafaelLOJ » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:03 pm

KITT WAV FILES, ALL 4,841 OF THEM!

THE COMPLETE COLLECTION & MANY XTRAS!

Yup, about 6 months ago, I began cataloging all of Kitt’s phrases, sound effects (Karr too). Using DVD’s, I went through each episode (84+ a few extras). I recorded a RAW DATA WAV file via the computer and sound editing software. DC offset was corrected (when the WAV doesn’t cross in the middle of WAV form). I went through each RAW DATA WAV file, placed markers denoting when Kitt talked or sound FX occurred. I went through that RAW DATA WAV file, cut out the spots that didn’t contain dialog. For the phrases, I loaded each one, performed an audio fade in AND out for each of the 4,841 phrases. This makes it sound very good. Essentially, the volume starts at 0, ramps up for the sample, the sample plays & when the sample is done, it ramps down to 0 again. This gives a very professional sound. Not just “chopped out” of the sound track. Even the samples with noise in the background sound good because your ears pick up on the voice mostly, not the noise. I normalized each sample. This amplifies the sample to the most it can be without being distorted. So when you hear Kitt on the comlink, it’s relatively low in the mix and very hard to hear. Not with these samples. It was amplified and normalized. Any noises, such as steps or doors closing within pauses were also removed. I did this 4,841 times, for each WAV file! After that, I had to start the word processor and listen to each of the 4,841 files to type up what they said! Then, I had to rename each of the 4,841 files so that each of the file’s name, is the actual phrase!

Quality ? Sure, I used DVD’s to sample directly from. Wav samples are 44,100k, 16 bit, Mono WAV files. Almost identical to CD quality, but CD’s are Stereo, not Mono. That just means that the samples, though they will play through both left and right speakers, there is 1 audio signal, not 2 different ones for Left / Right Stereo Channels. So, yes, high quality, but half the file size of a Stereo sample.

The WAV files appear in a folder for each season. Inside that, a folder for each episode of each season. Inside that, is each WAV file, numbered and titled as they appear in the episode! I also left the trimmed up RAW DATA WAV file incase you need it!

I also went the extra mile and added a folder of all the 4,841 files in MP3 format! That’s 9,682 WAV & MP3 Files! Well, to be honest, the MP3 section is short 86 files. I could not add the RAW DATA WAV files in MP3 because it wouldn’t all fit on one DVD. But no worries, you still have the master RAW DATA WAV files in the WAV section, should you need them.
There is a Complete Text list you can access in your word processor, of all the phrases for all 4 seasons + xtras. 187 pages! Inside each Season folder, there is a text list of phrases for just that season. These text files can be used to find words or phrases quicker than doing so through the files.

I have also included a host of freeware / shareware programs to compliment!

ADDITIONAL PROGRAMS INCLUDED!
THESE ARE ALL FREEWARE / SHAREWARE!

1. Audacity Wav Editor + Lame3.97 MP3 Encoder.

You can edit WAV & MP3 files, combine or remove parts, add space, remove noise etc!!! With this program you can make Kitt say something he never did, by grabbing all the pieces and pasting them together! Also create MP3’s from the WAV files or convert back!

Here is an audio sample of Kitt’s first introduction. The first shot is “AS IS”, from the WAV file contained on the DVD. The second part, is the same WAV, but I used Audacity to remove the noise. Pretty Amazing! Note: I did not remove noise from the samples on the DVD for 2 reasons. It would of taken another 6 months and it would of changed the original sound, but with this package, you will have the ability to remove noise from the samples you want to use!

Kitt’s first intro – 1st as is, 2nd with noise removed.

http://media.putfile.com/Kitt-Intro-w--wout-noise

A visual of what it looks like… The top one has thick lines between the words spoken (noise).

The one on the bottom is really cleaned up!

2. Randomaster.

This program will play random WAV files from a folder you designate. You can adjust how often and the chances of it playing a random file! It is great for car shows or just showing off!

3. QWave.

This is a Quick and fast WAV / MP3 player. Unlike having a huge program that loads to play WAV / MP3 files (aka. Windows Media Player / Win Amp), this 6kb program just plays your files. It throws itself into the “mouse right click menu”, so while you are browsing through the WAV files via My Computer, etc... , You can right click on a file, choose QPlay to immediately hear the file quickly. No slow load times, long programs, etc... Just quick play. This is a must for the VR commander explained below.

4. VR Commander.

Here is where the fun begins! This voice recognition program will let you speak commands to your computer via microphone and it will respond as Kitt! You have to create the commands and responses and use the QWAVe program to play the WAV or MP3's! You have the demo that works for 15 days, but it only costs $9.95! After you see how easy it is to setup and work, you’ll buy it!

Keep in mind, the following VR Commander Demo, I'm speaking rather loud because my lap top computer is in a lower shelf of the desk, kinda boxed in, fans running & I have no idea where the built in mic is, but it did very well as you can see! Computer is a 1.7 Ghz with 512k XP OS.

Google Video of VR Commander – Speech with Kitt Responding.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2202482161

What can you do this collection?

It ranges from Basic to Advanced! Don’t be scared, the Advanced stuff is not too difficult, plus I’ve included some basic instructions to get you started! You can simply use these WAV files, make a custom audio CD for your car, pick the WAV files you want the random player to play, go in and clean up (with noise removal), some of the clips and setup VR commander to respond to your commands. You can even setup a “conversation”, as long as you “remember you lines” and ask the right questions!

Here is a sample...

I grabbed a few phrases of Kitt & Karr. This can be added as a conversation with the voice recognition software. The setup is, I ask Kitt to do his Karr Impersonation. He replies, "Must I"? I say, "Yes!" After his first part, I ask him to do the rest... which he somewhat willingly does!

http://media.putfile.com/Kitt-n-Karr

There are HUNDREDS of possibilities of "conversations" with this collection!

A brief Audio Program Notes instruction are included that tells you what to do & how to do it so you get each program up and running!

Price ?

On Ebay, someone sell’s 99 WAV files on Audio CD for $30. Recently, 300 WAV file’s sold for $30.

My price?

$60 Shipped Anywhere!

If you do not have a DVD ROM for your computer, I can send 2 CD’s (1 CD is MP3 + MP3 RAW DATA FILE + Text Files – 2 CD is Audio Programs, etc).

Shipping: I have first class postage ready to ship within US - Worldwide I can only ship once a week. I am legally blind and that’s how often I can go to the post office. US First Class – Worldwide Air Mail.

Disclaimer:

By purchasing this, you consent that if a 3rd party (ie. Universal) asks for proof of ownership, you will provide proof of purchase of the same DVD’s I have used to create this collection. Hence we both purchased the material & you are paying me to compensate me for the countless hours and materials used to create this collection which is used in conjunction with your replica to promote Knight Rider.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: 4,841 Kitt Phrases & FX DVD + More!

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:19 am

Man I just need the friggin sound effects. I have so many William Daniels clips it's not even funny!

=VK=
:dash:

RafaelLOJ
Operative

Post by RafaelLOJ » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:30 pm

More than me ??? :)

Raf

RafaelLOJ
Operative

Post by RafaelLOJ » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:43 am

Here is quick demo courtesy of Paul Cullens Jr. in his fully working Kitt Replica...

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:20 pm

Awesome stuff! :good: I wish I could get it! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

K.I.T.T. 2008
Volunteer

Post by K.I.T.T. 2008 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:42 am

How can I get a copy of all 4,841 Kitt Phrases? Cleaned up that is?
:dash:

RafaelLOJ
Operative

Post by RafaelLOJ » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:25 am

There is software included with it that will let you do this... but it only works well with consistent noises, such as car engine running, not so well with music... This project took 7 months and hundreds of hours... It will be up to you to clean up the phrases that need it... There are hundreds of clean ones as is...

Raf

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:40 pm

Does anyone have this?
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TheQuestion
Volunteer

Post by TheQuestion » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:14 am

I don't have this package, but it does give me an idea.

to do Val or Williams voice has anyone considered the concatenative synthesis approach to replicating the voice?

Concatenative synthesis: Concatenative synthesis provides a natural sounding synthesized speech. The process involves a professional speaker who has recorded particular sentences and phrases to create a library of sounds that are used to dynamically create synthesized speech.

so instead of a GPS system just replaying recorded phrases it will be a true TTS voice and be able to read out streets and names, like the default voices do.

with enough voice samples of Val and William it should be possible to created a TTS voice package that can be installed on any computer or GPS device.

RafaelLOJ
Operative

Post by RafaelLOJ » Fri May 01, 2009 11:13 pm

Make your Replica Talk!

I normally sell this DVD on Ebay for $58 US ($60 International) but I am offering a sale on the KRO...

$48 US ($50 International...)

But not only that, I am donating $10 of each sale through here to keep the KRO rolling....

If you contact me through Email, be sure to mention KRO for the discount and so I can forward the $10 of that..

Here is the latest link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=290313634680" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check out the first video.... That is Paul Cullens / PCJR's car... He is using a car computer, but you do not need one to make yourself a CD of phrases.... I added some instructions and other tools to assist with those who do not want to put a computer in their car and just want to play a CD... This can also be used with a box where you press a button and it plays sounds... When one of the vendors releases one of these boards with multiple buttons / sounds I see people pay $35 for 200 or less sounds... Get them ALL, 4,841 of them for $48 & help the Registries...

This DVD was a massive undertaking... Hundreds of hours, almost a year I worked on it... The very first completed one was donated to Don C, who with his reputation & complete set of products, I thought deserved it. I have given a few out, last one was to Mike Hyatt / Kni1ght... Mike is always there with helpful advice, a smile and kick ass videos that are always fun to watch and motivation to get this dam ride done and have fun with it like shows so many of us... Thank you both and all.

***********NOTE***************

If you want to pay by PayPal Send your email address when you PM me...
If you go through Ebay, dvd is $58 / 60....

Any questions, let me know...

Raf

KittCrazy1992
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by KittCrazy1992 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:28 am

Hey, :kitt:

I contacted you through ebay regarding this software but did not get a response before the end of the auction. DO you have any more of these Knight Rider Kitt software packages available for purchase??

Thanks
Turrel :good:

:dash4: