Tell me about this mustang.

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Tell me about this mustang.

Post by Sue » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:18 am

Woo Hoo, Operative baby! Okay now I’m gonna blow that status by asking a dumb question. While I was on the Universal lot trying to get to a spot to take pictures of the fire damage, I happed by a strange Mustang. Now tell me if this is just a standard mustang or possibly one owned by someone working on Knight Rider. The tail lights were tinted and the front gill and headlights were odd to me. I didn’t see any ford or mustang emblems. And is this a standard paint job option? I didn’t think GTs came with Shelby stripes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvvtRk0sOHY&fmt=6
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

neps
Site Administrator

Re: Tell me about this mustang.

Post by neps » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:49 am

Nice Stang. I think it's a GT body - the headlights kind of look like that to me, but I dunno. The stripes could be after market?

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:18 pm

Oh good, so maybe I’m not crazy. At the time I was thinking, “This certainly didn’t come from the dealership.” I kinda wanted to hang out to see who got in it, but guards were being gracious enough to let me take pictures as it was.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:53 pm

Thanks for the video. Looks to me like it's somebody's personal car and not anything used for the Knight Rider production, but you never know. I'm not sure a production car would be sitting in a regular parking lot like that, though. It also looks more to me like Eleanor from Gone In 60 Seconds than it does K.I.T.T. I do like the rims a lot more than the Shelby's. I can't tell, but was that car a metallic charcoal gray with matte black stripes or was it plain black?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:55 pm

Lost Knight wrote:Thanks for the video. Looks to me like it's somebody's personal car and not anything used for the Knight Rider production, but you never know. I'm not sure a production car would be sitting in a regular parking lot like that, though. It also looks more to me like Eleanor from Gone In 60 Seconds than it does K.I.T.T. I do like the rims a lot more than the Shelby's. I can't tell, but was that car a metallic charcoal gray with matte black stripes or was it plain black?
Oh yes, it’s a personal car, or it is now, whose it is? Now that is the question. (Probably an accountant’s or something really boring like that.) It’s not quite like Eleanor either...
Eleanor.jpg
Eleanor.jpg (34.17 KiB) Viewed 23853 times
I have never seen this black on black type of striping before. Both this car and the real KITT have a matt finished stripe, that’s what caught my eye about it. I love the look it really catches the light nice. But you’re right. This car is a very deep charcoal, almost a black though, much darker than Eleanor. That fact plus its differently shaped headlights means it was never KITT, unless it was an early brainstorm. Personally I like KITT better.

Tell me what the horizontal things across his headlights are. They remind me of the movie’s attack KITT.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:40 pm

:lol: It has hood pins. Certainly not KITT.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:17 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote::lol: It has hood pins. Certainly not KITT.
To quote Mike Traceur, “You think so huh?”
KITT.jpg
KITT.jpg (210.16 KiB) Viewed 23810 times
They looked like hood pins to me, but what do I know about cars.
But yes, not KITT

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:44 pm

Ewww, didn't notice the car they had for display had them too.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KnightLady
Operative

Post by KnightLady » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:17 pm

It looked like someone's personal car. Considering they had a bottle of water in the console. Not the new KITT unfortunately, and the car had hood pins and no scanner. Would've been nice, though if it was. :kitt:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:31 pm

by kittfan666 on Jun 08, 2008 2:26 pm
Well i've had a wee look at that youtube video and paused it as the car appears at 21/22 seconds in. I can confirm that the frame shows a black Mustang, however, it isn't anything to do with knight rider.

It is actually a screengrab of someones amateur footage of the fire at Universal Studios, the car lot that the footage was filmed from happened to have an unusual Mustang parked in it but it was confirmed it had nothing to do with the new show.

Link below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvvtRk0sOHY

The grab was taken from around 2:07
Sorry folks.
Something tells me if I had caught a picture of the real KITT I might not still be alive to talk about it. How bout you Neil you still kicking? NBC hasn’t forgot to unlock you from their secret underground interrogation chamber have they?
:mrgreen: You all know my real name so I gotta be good.

dylandog
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by dylandog » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:55 am

Sue wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote::lol: It has hood pins. Certainly not KITT.
To quote Mike Traceur, “You think so huh?”
KITT.jpg
They looked like hood pins to me, but what do I know about cars.
But yes, not KITT
Hello i would like to know where i cpuld purchase this exact kind of hood pins? i want to order a trufiber venom hood but i don't know which hood pins choose? could you help me please? the same like this pictures will be fine

thanks to all your answers

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:22 am

KI3T had hood pins. I purchased my hood pins from Trufiber.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dylandog
Recruit

Post by dylandog » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:28 am

tamatt27 wrote:KI3T had hood pins. I purchased my hood pins from Trufiber.
Thanks do you have the exact reference please? you know i'm in France and here it's impossible to found stuff for ours dears stangs...thanks you so muche for your help , i would like to buy this one: http://www.lmperformance.com/19364/73.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
what do you think ?

:D

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:55 pm

http://www.trufiber.com/Trufiber_Mustan ... -hpk-1.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Those are the hood pins I ordered. They're Shelby hood pins from the '68 California Special/GT500KR.
You can see more pics of my hood in my thread "KI3T Progress".
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dylandog
Recruit

Post by dylandog » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:28 am

tamatt27 wrote:http://www.trufiber.com/Trufiber_Mustan ... -hpk-1.htm
Those are the hood pins I ordered. They're Shelby hood pins from the '68 California Special/GT500KR.
many thanks i'm waiting about an answer from trufiber for the shipping to France...a last advise please what kind of material do you have use for the scanner? i think is a red plexiglass? in this picture

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:36 pm

dylandog wrote:
many thanks i'm waiting about an answer from trufiber for the shipping to France...a last advise please what kind of material do you have use for the scanner? i think is a red plexiglass? in this picture
The scanner itself is built by Taoworm. I used lexan for the lenses. I sprayed a diffuser agent on the inside of the lenses, then tinted them black. The scanner is red.

dylandog
Recruit

Post by dylandog » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:12 am

tamatt27 wrote:
dylandog wrote:
The scanner itself is built by Taoworm. I used lexan for the lenses. I sprayed a diffuser agent on the inside of the lenses, then tinted them black. The scanner is red.
Thank for your answer, could you just please let me know where i could buy this lexan? a web site maybe? i thank you so much

:good:

dylandog
Recruit

Post by dylandog » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:12 am

Thank for your answer, could you just please let me know where i could buy this lexan? a web site maybe? i thank you so much , Do you have post something about how to built this pieces? Do you have the exact size of each part? left and right, i'm sorry for all this questions but i really need your help

thanks again

:good:[/quote]

dylandog
Recruit

Post by dylandog » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:13 am

thanks