KITT in the New Movie

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kwsta25
Rookie

Re: KITT in the New Movie

Post by kwsta25 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:57 pm

I cant bellieve ppl have the nerve to still complain what car kitt is.Kitt is a mustang get over it. The trans am is one of my favrote cars, THEY DONT MAKE IT NO MORE. We got our reboot which is looking great, now thats knight rider. so stop crying on why kitts a mustang? and get the word out for the REBOOT. or else very soon we wont have knightrider to watch anymore. We should be happy they brought it back to begin with. THE MUSTANG LOOKS GREAT AS KITT. If we get a season 2 the 2010 will look even better . Next were gona here that kitt should of been a smart car lol.

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:44 pm

#1. KR is an American show. KITT is an American car. The selection of the 08 Shelby Mustang GT500KR is awesome.
While I'd like to have seen the Camaro as KITT, GM lost out when they said no to letting NBC & Universal use
it on the show. The deal went to Ford. Enuff said.
#2. Given the advances in technology, the new KITT could be more advanced than the original, not needing the
scads of buttons, but being able to act by voice command.
#3. The AI makes for a car that is able to think and act w/o the driver's involvement. To restrict KITT to do only
what Michael says defeats the purpose of the AI. If KITT deduces that Michael is acting in a way that jeopardizes
his own safety, or the safety of others, he can take over to ensure the safety of Michael and/or others. He can
also go into auto pilot when Michael isn't able to drive, or if he chooses to let KITT do the driving.
I don't think I really have to point anything else out here, so I'll just leave you w/ these 3 pointers, and call it
done.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:46 am

#1. KR is an American show. KITT is an American car. The selection of the 08 Shelby Mustang GT500KR is awesome.
While I'd like to have seen the Camaro as KITT, GM lost out when they said no to letting NBC & Universal use
it on the show. The deal went to Ford. Enuff said.

- It is my understanding that GM did not say no to NBC, NBC said no to GM in favor of Ford's offer which apparently placed a higher bid to win the bid to sponser the show. I agree that the Camaro would make an excellent K.I.T.T. but with Transformers having already used the model, along with My Own Worst Enemy it makes using said car extremely difficult with respects to likeness rights. Whether the car is american or not should not be a concern as much as having a car that looks the part its supposed to be. If the car is sleek and impressive, if it has advanced features, if it impresses everyone who sees it --- who cares who builds it? In terms of the STORY, the make and model of the car is irrelevant because in the STORY the car is a prototype of a model that does not exist.

It may look like a Shelby GT500KR, it may look like a Trans Am, It may look like the newest Camaro or any other new model car but it is not in fact the same stock model availible to the public. I fail to understand the obsession with american made cars and international cars --- yes in the real world there's significant concerns but when it comes to motion pictures about a car that is not supposed to exist, it just doesn't matter because with Knight Rider it's not just a car, it's a costume for the character of K.I.T.T.

As far as the Shelby GT500KR being an awesome choice for the new series? That's simply a matter of opinion and neither your answer nor mine is a matter of fact. Their choice for the series will always be a hot bed subject open for debate but no matter how much you wish to dispute or rationalize it, what's done is done.

#2. Given the advances in technology, the new KITT could be more advanced than the original, not needing the
scads of buttons, but being able to act by voice command.

- From a practical point of view, sure that's more practical to use voice commands in the real world but from a story point of view on screen it's overly narrarative and robs the viewer of suspense not to mention there is a saying in writing for film, "Show, don't tell."

Too much narrative bores people along with too much spoken exposition. Even if you label a button "TURBO BOOST" you know when Michael presses it, the car is going to jump and not until he makes it happen by pressing the button.

Take for instance the same line here presented two ways on screen.

"Ok buddy, hit it! - Turbo Boost!" - In this instance you know what he wants to do and it's instantanously activated upon his verbal command. You don't expect anything because you already know what is going to happen, you've already been "told" what happens.

"Ok buddy, hit it!" - Here instead of being told what Michael plans to do, you have some idea but you're not sure what he has in mind until his finger reaches to press the button marked "Turbo Boost" -- at that point you know what is going to happen but you have that moment of suspense...you may suspect what he plans to do but you're not entirely sure and the next sequence either proves your suspicions right or wrong. You're also not told what he's going to do until the camera has "shown" you what he intends to do which you have to read to understand. It makes you work a bit harder just for a brief second and that brief second you have to watch -- it keeps you actively engaged.

When it's a voice command it's already set in stone - you know what will happen, you know when it happens, you know how it happens. One thing that irks me more so than voice commands though is when the new KITT has to say what he's doing, tell you he's doing it, then tell you when he's done doing it. That's far too much narraration than necessary. It sort of insults people's intellgence I think that they can't figure it out for themselves by watching, they have to be spoon fed every little detail.

Also I'd like to point out with simpler tasks, Michael did use voice commands to tell KITT to do something in the original series. It was mostly video monitor calls, computer print outs, looking up locations and so on. I'd say for tasks where a driver/operator can't press a button, verbal commands are much quicker. I think there should be a balance though and I believe the original series handled this well.

Point #3 I just don't have the patience to go into in full detail. I'd say look at K.A.R.R.'s programming errors and the Terminator Films for the flaws in your theory. Statistics and data don't always mean the best choice when humans have the gift of instinct, gut feeligns, etc. and the distinct ability to defy the odds where as computers/AIs depend mostly upon probabilities and calculations.

=VK=
:dash:

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Skav » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:21 am

Why not just tweak the body of the Camaro to get passed those "likeness rights"? I should imagine they would have to tweak it a little anyway. They did so with the TA.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

V8 Interceptor
Volunteer

Post by V8 Interceptor » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:11 am

kwsta25 wrote:I cant bellieve ppl have the nerve to still complain what car kitt is.Kitt is a mustang get over it. The trans am is one of my favrote cars, THEY DONT MAKE IT NO MORE. We got our reboot which is looking great, now thats knight rider. so stop crying on why kitts a mustang? and get the word out for the REBOOT. or else very soon we wont have knightrider to watch anymore. We should be happy they brought it back to begin with. THE MUSTANG LOOKS GREAT AS KITT. If we get a season 2 the 2010 will look even better . Next were gona here that kitt should of been a smart car lol.
Looks like the Camaro KITT just won't die.
"I am the Knight Rider, I'm a fuel injected suicide machine, I'm a rocker, I'm a roller, I'm a outacontroller I AM A KNIGHT RIDER BABY!"

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:28 am

V8 Interceptor wrote:
kwsta25 wrote:I cant bellieve ppl have the nerve to still complain what car kitt is.Kitt is a mustang get over it. The trans am is one of my favrote cars, THEY DONT MAKE IT NO MORE. We got our reboot which is looking great, now thats knight rider. so stop crying on why kitts a mustang? and get the word out for the REBOOT. or else very soon we wont have knightrider to watch anymore. We should be happy they brought it back to begin with. THE MUSTANG LOOKS GREAT AS KITT. If we get a season 2 the 2010 will look even better . Next were gona here that kitt should of been a smart car lol.
Looks like the Camaro KITT just won't die.
I hope it will not die. but we need GM support along with hope to have that done Image :kitt:

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Post by K.A.C.I. » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:58 pm

Yeah, right. GM's more broke than Michael Jackson right now, so I really doubt there's even a remote chance of it happening.
And personally, I'm happy with Mustang-KITT, though I wish they'd been able to use the much more slick-looking '10 model.
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

KarlKnightRider
Recruit

Post by KarlKnightRider » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:00 pm

MAZDA RX-8

Perfect. Not too pricey (can jump a few of these), stylish sleek design like the trans-am, could imagine the nose being adjusted to have a scanner too. Also has rear seats!

kwsta25
Rookie

Post by kwsta25 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:50 pm

A mazda bwaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa omg lol bwaaaahaaaahahahahahaa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh man you just made my day better bwaaaahahaaaaaaaaa. If they made kitt a mazda thats like lol wow. Its like building a house with no roof. bwaahahahaha thanks for making my day. you were joking right? kitt is perfect as a mustang. yea a trans am would be great but guess what,the smart ppl at gm stoped making it, hope they go out of business soon to.

ppl confuse me a mazda lol, I think kitt should be a beattle lol or or a civic lmao

kwsta25
Rookie

Post by kwsta25 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:55 pm

A MAZDA BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH LOL I CANT GET OVER IT. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: HA AH AH AHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA HAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHA HA HA HA LOL OMG BWAAHAHAHAHAHH HAHAHA KITT WAS A :kitt: :kittside: :kittconv: TRANS AM AND TODAY IS, will always be a muscle car :good: .

HEY ZOOM ZOOOM ZOOOM MAZDA AS KITTT BWAAHAHAHAHAHA

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:00 am

REMEMBER KIDDIES:GM doesn't want ANYTHING TO DO with KR anymore! So have fun wishing that the new KITT will be a Trans Am.Plus the new Civic looks a *lot* better than the Mustang, and most muscle cars out there. :|
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9