100% Original Screen Used KITT

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

User avatar
greeknight
Rookie
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Greece

100% Original Screen Used KITT

Post by greeknight » Thu May 10, 2007 6:21 am

I'm the happy owner of this screen used KITT miniature.

This miniature was made by the late Jack Sessums a very talented
man that was responsible for all the miniature work during the
Knight Rider series.

It has been used in many episodes, you can see it very clearly at the
Knight of the Drones episode when KITT is badly damaged from a
missile.

The special thing about this miniature is that it was the only t-top made
and it's easy to see in which episode it was used.

Before it was converted to a t-top for the 1984 season, it was also
used in 1983 in some episodes the most imortant Goliath (note the
underside of the car)

Click the pictures to see them larger, and sorry for my rusty english.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1187
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:00 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: North Carolina

Post by Josch Schulz » Thu May 10, 2007 8:46 am

Cool :shock:

Can you make a Photo from Inside the Car and the Backside.
Last edited by Josch Schulz on Thu May 10, 2007 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
J-Knight
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:59 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Renfrew, Scotland

Post by J-Knight » Thu May 10, 2007 9:15 am

Wow :D

P.s your english is great :)
Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

User avatar
greeknight
Rookie
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Greece

Post by greeknight » Thu May 10, 2007 9:37 am

Josch Schulz wrote:Cool :shock:

Can you make a Photo from Inside the Car and the Backside. Where do you become it :?:


Inside the car there is nothing, just a couple of cables, but I can make a
photo from the backside.
Last edited by greeknight on Thu May 10, 2007 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
greeknight
Rookie
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Greece

Post by greeknight » Thu May 10, 2007 9:38 am

J-Knight wrote:Wow :D

P.s your english is great :)


Thank you for the good words :)

User avatar
Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1187
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:00 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: North Carolina

Post by Josch Schulz » Thu May 10, 2007 10:49 am

Iam Sorry for my Englisch :oops: You wrote

Inside the car there is nothing, just a couple of cables,

Cables? Does that car has a Scanner :oops:

User avatar
KITTfan
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1014
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Finland

Post by KITTfan » Thu May 10, 2007 12:25 pm

WOW! Now that's an ultimate KITT model :D

User avatar
J-Knight
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:59 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Renfrew, Scotland

Post by J-Knight » Thu May 10, 2007 1:42 pm

It even has the correct rear hatch :P
Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

User avatar
greeknight
Rookie
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Greece

Post by greeknight » Thu May 10, 2007 2:32 pm

Josch Schulz wrote:Iam Sorry for my Englisch :oops: You wrote

Inside the car there is nothing, just a couple of cables,

Cables? Does that car has a Scanner :oops:


It dosen't have a working scaner, I have learned that the cables were
there in order to eject something from the drivers side.

User avatar
greeknight
Rookie
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Greece

Post by greeknight » Fri May 11, 2007 5:17 am

Josch Schulz wrote:Cool :shock:

Can you make a Photo from Inside the Car and the Backside.


Image

User avatar
T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:31 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: EASTERN MA.

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Fri May 11, 2007 3:10 pm

Same KITT used in Junkyard Dog.....? IN THE TOXIC POOL...?

User avatar
greeknight
Rookie
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Greece

Post by greeknight » Sat May 12, 2007 2:45 am

T.A.H.O.E. wrote:Same KITT used in Junkyard Dog.....? IN THE TOXIC POOL...?


No

User avatar
neps
Site Administrator
Posts: 3255
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: nyc, usa
Contact:

Post by neps » Mon May 14, 2007 12:05 am

very cool piece in your collection greeknight, can you let us know how you came to acquire it?

User avatar
greeknight
Rookie
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Greece

Post by greeknight » Mon May 14, 2007 4:59 am

neps wrote:very cool piece in your collection greeknight, can you let us know how you came to acquire it?


I bought it from a museum in U.S.A

User avatar
greeknight
Rookie
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Greece

Re: 100% Original Screen Used KITT

Post by greeknight » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:44 pm

Unfortunately my miniature is not the one used in Goliath.
It was used in many episodes, I will try to make a list.

User avatar
Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 8:17 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Hanging out with KITT in SPARTA!

Re: 100% Original Screen Used KITT

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:28 am

That's one cool miniature Greeknight! :good:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

User avatar
Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:37 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Dover, Pennsylvania

Re: 100% Original Screen Used KITT

Post by Crumbling Down » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:02 am

Was that thing remote controlled? I always wondered how they got to wheels to spin like when kit got stuck in the quicksand and the wheels were spinning. Any idea what they have launched out the roof? Nice collectors item
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

User avatar
greeknight
Rookie
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Greece

Re: 100% Original Screen Used KITT

Post by greeknight » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:26 pm

Crumbling Down wrote:Was that thing remote controlled? I always wondered how they got to wheels to spin like when kit got stuck in the quicksand and the wheels were spinning. Any idea what they have launched out the roof? Nice collectors item


As far as I know five miniatures exist today including mine.
On of them had a working scanner and another one was remote controlled.

My miniature is a stunt car and was used for turbo boosts and crashes. It is the only t-top kitt, all the
other kitt cars were hard tops.

The wheels were spinning with a drill machine!

If you want to see my miniature in action you have to see the knight of the drones episode (the scene with kitt
very badly damaged from the missile).

User avatar
Shadowy Flight
Rookie
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:05 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Deadman's Curve (between Silicon Valley and Millston)

Re: 100% Original Screen Used KITT

Post by Shadowy Flight » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:44 pm

Wow! Very nice. What scale model is this? It looks bigger than 1:15
Nothing gold can stay. The Sun sets and it becomes a purple desert...then you get run over by a black car!!!

User avatar
greeknight
Rookie
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Greece

Re: 100% Original Screen Used KITT

Post by greeknight » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:59 am

Shadowy Flight wrote:Wow! Very nice. What scale model is this? It looks bigger than 1:15


1:8

User avatar
kngt2k
Volunteer
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:44 pm

Re: 100% Original Screen Used KITT

Post by kngt2k » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:55 pm

Greeknights car is 100% authentic and came from the Volo museum north of Chicago, and I bet they're kicking themselves for auctioning it off with the new Knight Rider coming out.

I have one of these too. It was the last one Jack Sessums let out of his workshop before he died, and I purchased it directly from him. The body was most likely the one they threw from a helicopter and filmed floating down on a parachute for "Goliath Returns" since it has holes and abrasions on the side consistant with the support wires needed for that. When I asked him if that was possible he simply stated "Could be." Mine has an interior and a little Michael Knight figure in it.

There is also a video he sent me that features it in behind the scenes stuff and a little video at the end if I can locate them I'll post screen shots from that video

I had a number of conversations with Jack and thanks to a friend who talked Jack into it I was able to buy this model from him as he was generally unwilling to sell them as too many people were making tons of money reselling them, which I promised him I would never do. He was a fascinating man with a lot of stories. I wish I had been able to talk to him more as I'm sure there much more to learn that sadly has been lost to the past.

Jack told me the KITT used in "Junkyard Dog" was at one time at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. Where it is now is anyones guess.

The remote control car, last I saw it, came up on eBay about 6 years ago and had the motor and controls still in it and the back window was missing. I don't know where it is now

so that is 5 that have surfaced, 4 of which are in private hands. 3 that I know for sure where they are.

User avatar
greeknight
Rookie
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Greece

Re: 100% Original Screen Used KITT

Post by greeknight » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:07 am

kngt2k wrote:Greeknights car is 100% authentic and came from the Volo museum north of Chicago, and I bet they're kicking themselves for auctioning it off with the new Knight Rider coming out.

I have one of these too. It was the last one Jack Sessums let out of his workshop before he died, and I purchased it directly from him. The body was most likely the one they threw from a helicopter and filmed floating down on a parachute for "Goliath Returns" since it has holes and abrasions on the side consistant with the support wires needed for that. When I asked him if that was possible he simply stated "Could be." Mine has an interior and a little Michael Knight figure in it.

There is also a video he sent me that features it in behind the scenes stuff and a little video at the end if I can locate them I'll post screen shots from that video

I had a number of conversations with Jack and thanks to a friend who talked Jack into it I was able to buy this model from him as he was generally unwilling to sell them as too many people were making tons of money reselling them, which I promised him I would never do. He was a fascinating man with a lot of stories. I wish I had been able to talk to him more as I'm sure there much more to learn that sadly has been lost to the past.

Jack told me the KITT used in "Junkyard Dog" was at one time at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. Where it is now is anyones guess.

The remote control car, last I saw it, came up on eBay about 6 years ago and had the motor and controls still in it and the back window was missing. I don't know where it is now

so that is 5 that have surfaced, 4 of which are in private hands. 3 that I know for sure where they are.


Hi my friend!

User avatar
kngt2k
Volunteer
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:44 pm

Re: 100% Original Screen Used KITT

Post by kngt2k » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:57 am

Hey there, nice to see you

User avatar
kngt2k
Volunteer
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:44 pm

Re: 100% Original Screen Used KITT

Post by kngt2k » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:21 am

here are some pix of the KITT model I have

Image
look close you can see the little Michael Knight figure in the drivers seat. the interior is the interior from the Camaro model Jack based the 1/8 model on, widely available at the time. The MK figure he created himself based on Hasselhoff
Image
Note the 4 long tubes you always see when KITT turbos over something in the series... thats why you see it. it's one of Jacks models
Image
The scanner is just shiny tape applied to the car. J.S. was working on one of these with a working scanner and complete interior for himself when he passed
Image
and finally, Jack Sessums himself holding the car he gave me just a few short months before he passed

User avatar
greeknight
Rookie
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Greece

Re: 100% Original Screen Used KITT

Post by greeknight » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:00 am

This is a video I made a few days ago of my screen used miniature kitt.
Notice how small the 1:18 kitt is in comparison with it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORNUbTKX7zU

Locked