Knight Rider 2008 voted a worst show of '08!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt_rulz
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider 2008 voted a worst show of '08!

Post by kitt_rulz » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:29 am

I subscribe to EW and when I saw in the issue it stated Knight Rider was a worst show... well I thought everyone should see:

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,2016267 ... 11,00.html

What does the future hold.....
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God Futurama

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Re: Knight Rider 2008 voted a worst show of '08!

Post by GarthKnight08 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:59 am

It has been rated the worst show of '08 by a number of places if not all. Its really not that surprising, maybe this is finally a wake up to make it better & get back to basics!
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:04 am

I am not surprised. Remember guys in Junk Yard Doug Bonnie said "KITT was greater than some of his parts Michael. We can recreate the parts but wether it will become KITT again I just can't say."

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:36 am

Well I agree it is the worst show of 08. come on people at Knight Rider get this sorted.

Cobra
Volunteer

Post by Cobra » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:03 pm

I'm not surprised. The new show lacks a lot of what the original had. My 6 and 12 year old newphew watched a few of the new series and they had seen most of the original on DVD. Even with them, I noticed that they love the original far more than the new one. I know they are only 6 and 12 and the new show is aimed at an older audience, but its interesting how that older audience prefers the original as well. The question is then: What did the original do that hit the right strings with so many people of different ages, ethnicities (the original Knight Rider was and is very much loved overseas), etc.?

I think the show was destined to fail when we got it over-flavoured with the "xtreme" buzz that so many white collared executives fail to realize don't provide long-term satisfaction to audiences. I mean nowadays you see products ranging from candy to chips marketed as “xtreme.” Like a bag of "xtreme" Doritos, people are eventually going to toss it out once they realize over-flavouring something with salt and cheese (or as in this case with CGI, “pimped out” KITT completely lacking the modesty of the original KITT, and stories with no substance.) doesn’t give it long-term substance and enjoyment.

I think what GST and the Knight Rider guys need to do is go back and unlike Herald Belker, study the original to see what the new show is missing and delve deep into it. The original had a lot and people loved it, but the new show has potential, it just has to realize that potential and achieve some form of longevity before its too late.

People nowadays are smarter than they were 20 years ago and it will take a lot more to impress audiences and taking away from the original is not a step in the right direction.

I am sure a mere modernization of the original with the same stories updated to today’s timeline would be a much more successful alternative than what we currently have.

HOFFABE
Rookie

Post by HOFFABE » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:17 pm

yeah and these guys prolly love to watch queer eye for the straight guy or some kind of reality show junk...take it with a grain of salt this new Knight Rider will be around for awhile..The ratings aren't that bad...given it may not be the most watched show around but it has its niche with the new and old audience

V8 Interceptor
Volunteer

Post by V8 Interceptor » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:17 pm

Probably they will just cancel it insted of working it out that seems to be the mindset.
"I am the Knight Rider, I'm a fuel injected suicide machine, I'm a rocker, I'm a roller, I'm a outacontroller I AM A KNIGHT RIDER BABY!"

HOFFABE
Rookie

Post by HOFFABE » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:33 pm

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,2016267 ... _9,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

see what a i mean this was the guys top pick....CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:50 pm

Like movie critics slamming/praising movies just released onto the theatre screens, their reviews and opinions will verse yours at least 75% of the time.

Entertainment Weekly is just a guide for people who don't know how to properly channel surf.

Ontario Knight
Operative

Post by Ontario Knight » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:15 pm

I think that there were too many characters on the series, so now there making those changes and killing off those characters to have the ones still on the show create some character building. So now the ones that are saying that Justin isn't a great actor will be able to see him in his full form..Now having said that if he is still critisised after that then there are no more excuses...

So for the show I still think there are great things going to happen, and the upcoming episodes will be "fun" to watch....And a better show for the critics to look at...

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:34 pm

Cobra wrote:
People nowadays are smarter than they were 20 years ago and it will take a lot more to impress audiences and taking away from the original is not a step in the right direction.
I had to go and just snip this out, technological advances (which have made more and more people even more lazy in some regards, especially with math) aside, we as a country have actually become dumber over the last 26 years. It didn't help that our curriculum and requirements in the US was lowered over the course of several decades out of"fairness" and being deemed "too hard". We're still paying for that today and are falling further and further behind other countries as a result. Not to mention the number of schools that have failed over the last few years and been closed down or taken over because of how poorly they were run.

Hell, if you went by how a large percentage of people write online you'd think they are nearly illiterate and never passed or even made through first grade English. It's bad when someone who has English as a second or third language and can use it significantly better than someone with it as their primary language and been around it their entire life. I find the idea that viewers today are more sophisticated to be a joke, just look at what some of the most popular shows are on television, bad TV is just bad TV.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:00 pm

This is what I replied on the EW website to thier TOP 10 Lists and ranking of Knight RIder in the worst catagory.

You know what is the worst?

These stupid polls that give the haters of the world the appearance of credibility where none exists. Mr. Tucker lists the Colbert Report as the number 1 best TV show. Does he represent the entire viewing public and every demographic watching television or his he an upper class overpaid snob? Those seem to me to be the only people I ever hear talking about the Colbert Report. Yet average, everyday people are talking about Knight Rider.

Do you think guys go to work at the local repair garage and say hey did you watch the Colbert report last night? Very interesting point of view don't you think? When in reality they really do go to work and say,"Man did you see the missiles that they shot at KITT?, or, Did you see KITT turned into a truck"

I would like to know what Mr.Tucker's qualifications to make these determinations are.

What criteria were used to create these top 10 lists?

Before EW posts any story they should have the writer remove their own preconceived and prejudicial opinion before reporting on it. It is clear to me Mr.Tucker was against any re-envisioning or revival of any previously aired TV shows and the comment that he'd rather watch a GPS screen, is just another sign of his immature, moronic and bizarre viewing standards.

Knight Rider is a good show; there is nothing else on TV that can touch it from a special effects stand point, crime drama, sci-fi or just for pure entertainment value.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HOFFABE
Rookie

Post by HOFFABE » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:18 pm

Amen brother totally agreed... :kittconv:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:55 pm

I finally went and looked at the list, it's not THAT bad considering that the first eight episodes (nine counting Knight Fever) aren't exactly great or all that good except for maybe one or two. Besides it's only number five. Honestly though, I haven't seen or heard anyone talk about Knight Rider outside of here and other Knight Rider related places on the internet and even then, outside of here, it's not being talked about much. Hell, I started a topic about KARR being revealed in the TV section of a site I go to and outside of maybe three replies I got nothing while other shows that had ratings even worse like Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (a good show IMO that also has better writing than KR) have topics and posts that reach into the hundreds in just a day or two.

Anyway, it's that guy's opinion and he's entitled to it, look at the four shows he ranked worse than Knight Rider. Aside from that, it's Entertainment Weekly, all they do is bitch and make snarky comments, I think their writers are bitter...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: