Mike and KI3T's Dynamic

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Mike and KI3T's Dynamic

Post by trissybabes » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:31 am

For all the criticism that's been levied at KR08, on rewatching several of the episodes (and reading through the Favourite Quotes thread), the one thing that DOES work and works well, is the dynamic between Mike and KI3T.

The building of the relationship has been an underlying thing that's been there right from "..Shining Armor" and it feels like the writers have been concentrating the most on getting the dialogue between the 2 main characters right - which they seem to have achieved.

Some of KI3T's lines have been genuine laugh out loud moments, especially when sparring with Mike. Kilmer's doing a great job of delivering them, too.

*IF* the series is cancelled, this is the thing I think I would miss the most.

However,

*IF* the series is renewed, I really do look forward to further developments in this area.

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Re: Mike and KI3T's Dynamic

Post by Kaine » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:11 am

you're absoulutely right.
it's just a shame though, that we get not more than one or two scenes of this per episode, because the focus wasn't on KITT lately. so...

*IF* this series is renewed, i hope that the spotlight is primarily on KITT and Mike
(though from what we heard about the reboot this wish might actually come true)

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:46 am

Wow! I thought about starting a thread like this last night but I didn't, and lo and behold, here it is.

I too like their dynamic. It's a little different from the original but I think it still works in its own right. Val Kilmer is a good personality for KI3T and honestly, KI3T is the perfect "straight man" - Kilmer's delivery is underplayed to the point that it makes for some great scenes. You guys remember the scenes in Star Trek between Spock and Kirk, where the interaction between the two had some great moments? That's what I see here. I think it's a great dynamic, and one of my favorite instances of it is in the beginning of Episode 8 ("I would be happy to eliminate the fence with my laser"). :D

There are those who say that KI3T doesn't have personality - give it time. I think it will develop quite nicely.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:30 pm

Yeah, the stuff with Mike and KITT are pretty much the best things of every episode so far.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: