Ten Years

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Ten Years

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:43 pm

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to share that today is the 10th Anniversary of my website - Knight Rider 2000 Online.

It was my first foray into the WWW, and my very first website ever! It started as the Ultamate Knight Rider 2000 Site (and yes, I mis-spelled Ultimate) and I was 15 when I launched it.

With the advent of KR08 and other developments, lots of things have fallen to the back burner... and many things have changed since those glory days... tons of fan sites have come and gone... KRO, Mike's website, Knight Registries, Paul's and mine have stood the test of time.

Fan fiction was INSANELY popular for awhile... almost every other author you read had their own site for their own stories, and competition for readers was intense! Now everyone seems to have retreated to fanfiction.net and we haven't seen a lot of stories, but now with KR08 we have somewhat of a resurgence.

It's a nostalgic day for me... the first instance of my site was on Angelfire, it had a lot of simple text links, plus an image ripped off from Mike's site (sorry Mike!) After being embraced by the folks on this forum, I changed the name of my site to mirror this one and it became Knight Rider 2000 Online on January 1, 1999.

My time has even come to pass... but for about 5 years, I loved being one of the "regulars" who had a website and fic series that was well read/well visited, etc... The site isn't going anywhere, it will be there to still serve as reference. There are some goodies that have been sitting around that I just never got around to uploading.

And I am still writing - yes I know it's been 4 years since I wrote my last fiction, and 2 years since I re-wrote it. But I love to write, and I'll keep going, I just need more muses to go faster.

Soooo thanks to everyone, the old timeies who are still around who made this the best ten years of my life!

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Re: Ten Years

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:31 am

Congratulations Scott :good:
I'll have to check it out.
Here's to another 10 years... 8)
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:11 am

I don't really go to any knight rider sites anymore.The last time I visited your site must have been 9 years ago.I'll take a look at it one day.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:53 pm

Congrats Scott! It takes a lot of dedication to keep something going so long.
You're a true fan!
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:57 pm

Congratulations Scott! :good:

Here's to 10 more years.
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:58 am

Congratulations Scott! Here's to another OVER 9000!!!!! more! :good: Because ten years cannot handle the awesomeness that your site holds! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:36 am

Congrats Scott!!!! I remember when your site launched. Keep up the awesome work!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:18 am

Congratulations Scott!

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:51 am

congratulations scott, your site is awesome. :good: