Tuesday set visit

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Tuesday set visit

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:47 pm

I visited the set yesterday with Knight Rider Historian Extraordinaire AJ Palmgren. Most of the "news" about the show has already been explained in video form by Sue (go Sue!) from her on-location visit last Friday, but I'll just go over some other things we found out. I'll start some new topics for some of these to go into more detail.

Expect lots more turbo boosts in the upcoming weeks. There is a small change in the turbo boosts which should make people happy.

The fx group has developed a new way to do the green-screen compositing, so the driving scenes should look better. We should start seeing the improved effects in a few weeks.

We saw 2 Attack KITTs, 4 regular KITTs plus the pickup. Lotta cars there.

We've heard that after the reboot the KITT cave will serve a different purpose and will look different. I would say the physical changes to the KITT cave are very minor.

We had lunch with Steve Whiteside who works on props, and who also worked all 4 seasons on the original show. This is the same Steve Sue met on Friday. He shared a bunch of stories from the old days which I'll post or transcribe.

During lunch we also watched (and helped!) Paul, Deanna and Smith (Billy, Sarah, Zoe) work on a small personal project which will hopefully will be posted on KRO at some point. They all seem like good, fun folk.

More to come.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Re: Tuesday set visit

Post by KRAvengerII » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:50 pm

You know, I was starting to wonder if after the reboot, mike would have to go on the run or something, to keep KITT safe, but i was wondering how they were going to justify keeping the others around, I'm kind of glad to hear the KITTcave will still be around, but now I'm really curious about the reboot. Glad to hear about the increase in Turbo boosts, though. Mike did you get to talk to any of the actors? I'm kind of curious what they think about us.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:14 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:.
Expect lots more turbo boosts in the upcoming weeks. There is a small change in the turbo boosts which should make people happy.
More to come.
Is this a reference to the vfx or a certain sound effect?

I dont expect you to divulge answers by any means.............

*please let it be what i think it is* Oh sorry, thinking out loud again.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:19 am

weeezl wrote:Is this a reference to the vfx or a certain sound effect?
As the VFX team has said before - they control the visuals not the sound. They can make suggestions on sound but ultimately it's not their department. Hope that helps answer the question.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:28 am

Hopefully this is what it is (and hopefully my post won't make this topic full of spoiler tags):
No more zooming in to the insides of KITT's engine and flame coming out from the sides. Although actually what I really want is a TURBO BOOST virtual button on the HUD to press.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:31 am

neps wrote:
weeezl wrote:Is this a reference to the vfx or a certain sound effect?
As the VFX team has said before - they control the visuals not the sound. They can make suggestions on sound but ultimately it's not their department. Hope that helps answer the question.
Sure does, I didnt expect the sound effect to come back anyways, although it would be a nice touch.

Im gonna go with BlueChaos's idea
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
TURBO BOOST HUD BUTTON