THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE KNIGHT RIDER!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE KNIGHT RIDER!

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:05 pm

As an advocate of saving Knight Rider from cancellation and failing ratings, I have tried to inspire other Knight Rider enthusiasts to join me in a letter writing campaign and sign an online petition.. The response although wide spread is limited to under 200 signatures at this point. It is doubtful that number will have any influence on NBC.

In review of the following comment
chrisjones wrote:Like I said earlier in the thread (Before GST made his announcement!) Its nothing more than cost cutting measures and should be in no way be taken as a threat to cancel the show!

Lets be honest though, ALL networks will be feeling the pinch and shows are gonna have their series's trimmed to suit, really its not worth all the panic.

Regarding getting signatures. Honestly, in my opinion, its a waste of time. IF NBC were decide to cancel the show, they will, regardless of how many signatures or letters they receive.

Anyone here who follows motorsports, and more specifically F1 will know that Honda F1 pulled out of next years championship. Do you think 10'000 fans signing a petition to Honda will make them change their mind, like hell it will!

Don't get me wrong I’m not in any way being negative, I'm simply trying to say its not worth stressing over as its totally out of our hands. 100%...;-)

I have re-analyzed the merits of writing letter and online petitions. Although, both have the potential for making a serious impact if presented properly. Chris is correct when he says
chrisjones wrote: “IF NBC were decide to cancel the show, they will, regardless of how many signatures or letters they receive.

I do however, respectfully disagree with the statement
chrisjones wrote: “its totally out of our hands. 100%...”

After much thought and consideration, I have reached the following conclusion: There is a way to save Knight Rider. There is one and only one thing in this entire world that can save Knight Rider from cancellation, and it IS entirely in our hands as viewers.

WATCH THE SHOW.. Get other people to WATCH THE SHOW..TURBO BOOST the ratings. If we can boost the ratings to justify a second season we will have saved the show.

Now for those who want to wait for the re-boot before committing to a position, I respect your position and fully agree. If the reboot doesn’t restore the credibility, and entertainment value of the series, then it will truly be beyond saving.
SAVE-kr-sm.gif
SAVE-kr-sm.gif (40.91 KiB) Viewed 7170 times
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cam KNIGHT
Recruit

Re: THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE KNIGHT RIDER!

Post by Cam KNIGHT » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:30 am

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:As an advocate of saving Knight Rider from cancellation and failing ratings, I have tried to inspire other Knight Rider enthusiasts to join me in a letter writing campaign and sign an online petition.. The response although wide spread is limited to under 200 signatures at this point. It is doubtful that number will have any influence on NBC.
Have you tried to give the petition in other communities ? I think about french community (Knight2000.net), the spanish community (elcochefantastico.net) ,...

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:37 pm

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:As an advocate of saving Knight Rider from cancellation and failing ratings, I have tried to inspire other Knight Rider enthusiasts to join me in a letter writing campaign and sign an online petition.. The response although wide spread is limited to under 200 signatures at this point. It is doubtful that number will have any influence on NBC.

In review of the following comment
chrisjones wrote:Like I said earlier in the thread (Before GST made his announcement!) Its nothing more than cost cutting measures and should be in no way be taken as a threat to cancel the show!

Lets be honest though, ALL networks will be feeling the pinch and shows are gonna have their series's trimmed to suit, really its not worth all the panic.

Regarding getting signatures. Honestly, in my opinion, its a waste of time. IF NBC were decide to cancel the show, they will, regardless of how many signatures or letters they receive.

Anyone here who follows motorsports, and more specifically F1 will know that Honda F1 pulled out of next years championship. Do you think 10'000 fans signing a petition to Honda will make them change their mind, like hell it will!

Don't get me wrong I’m not in any way being negative, I'm simply trying to say its not worth stressing over as its totally out of our hands. 100%...;-)

I have re-analyzed the merits of writing letter and online petitions. Although, both have the potential for making a serious impact if presented properly. Chris is correct when he says
chrisjones wrote: “IF NBC were decide to cancel the show, they will, regardless of how many signatures or letters they receive.

I do however, respectfully disagree with the statement
chrisjones wrote: “its totally out of our hands. 100%...”

After much thought and consideration, I have reached the following conclusion: There is a way to save Knight Rider. There is one and only one thing in this entire world that can save Knight Rider from cancellation, and it IS entirely in our hands as viewers.

WATCH THE SHOW.. Get other people to WATCH THE SHOW..TURBO BOOST the ratings. If we can boost the ratings to justify a second season we will have saved the show.

Now for those who want to wait for the re-boot before committing to a position, I respect your position and fully agree. If the reboot doesn’t restore the credibility, and entertainment value of the series, then it will truly be beyond saving.
SAVE-kr-sm.gif

Watching the show will NOT improve the ratings.
Unless you have a ratings box.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:55 pm

Would watching it through the NBC site or Hulu show ratings? Also, would those count?

I remember from the Ben Silverman interview that he mentioned Hulu. Also, he mentioned that the advertisers on there and the NBC site needed us to watch the commercials especially within the first three days of the original airing. So, maybe, they do show ratings.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:07 pm

The only way to truly save knight rider is for them to put out a better tv show then they did before.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:16 pm

Right on, DevonStyles. Here is hoping they blow us away with the remaining 8 eps!

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:20 pm

I am hoping whatever we as fans have said here, both positive and negative have show NBC and GST what the viewing audience wants and expects from any show bearing the name Knight Rider.

I also want to see the new revisions blow us away.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;