Justin Bruening Interview on the set of ep. 17

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Justin Bruening Interview on the set of ep. 17

Post by Sue » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:20 pm

BlueChaos wrote:
Sue wrote:I only saw Justin. He tells me it's been mainly him on set these days since after the reboot the focus will be more on him and KITT.
That's great news Sue!
Um, do you happen to have a video of Justin saying that, to please us fans? :mrgreen:
Here you go :D
http://knightrideronline.com/news/2008/ ... ode_17.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm really liking what he said. It sounds like the show will be awesome. :good:
Oh and he's really cute too, but we already knew that. :mrgreen:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Re: Justin Bruening Interview on the set of ep. 17

Post by WIBoomer1 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:30 pm

Sue, great work once again...these comments from JB show a change, and his comments on Ep.12 sound really good...

Antonio
Volunteer

Post by Antonio » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:32 pm

That's wonderful!!!!
Thank you Sue, we know for sure that it will be a very nice KITT vs KARR episode.

GREAT!!!
:kitt: vs :karr: :good:

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:48 pm

Sounds more like the original and it should work for us! I like how it sounds and the fact they are doing KITT vs KARR, just hope it is the original KARR CPU! Too bad he didn't say nothing about DH & KI2T.

Joe

KRShelby
Rookie

Post by KRShelby » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:55 pm

Thanks a lot for that sue!

I hope that NBC does a good job promoting the new KR..would be a shame if viewers didn't KNOW that there was a retooled version coming after xmas.

Very excited to see whats in store. I love the old KITT/Mike saving the world together formula, but I also would miss the rest of the cast so hope that they do get some screen time even if its not with Mike.

Mike K
Rookie

Post by Mike K » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:03 pm

Hi Sue,
Just seen your interview - your a very lucky person to see Mike & Kitt etc... :oops: :good:

Sounds like GST has been listening - this is what KR should have been from the start - with the odd big mission thrown in.

Mike & :kitt: as one,back on the road..... sounds good to me :mrgreen:

Also - KITT V KARR WOW this is going to me HUGE

KRShelby
Rookie

Post by KRShelby » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:11 pm

And I'm especially excited for it because Justin Bruening was an original KR fan..so if he says this one will be awesome..it must be!

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:11 pm

Sounds very, very promising. Hopefully NBC gives it a fair chance to succeed.

HOFFABE
Rookie

Post by HOFFABE » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:12 pm

thanks again sue for keeping us up to date...wow knight rider just keeps getting better. i can't wait to see the new remaining episodes and the new season....:)

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:18 pm

Dear Sue..
Let me say this as politely as I can.. I HATE YOU!!! (Jealousy rears its ugly green little head)
Ok I Don’t hate you but I am extremely jealous of you..
You go to be on the set, you got to meet all the cool people..

You go girl ..Keep up the excellent work.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:40 pm

KRShelby wrote:And I'm especially excited for it because Justin Bruening was an original KR fan..so if he says this one will be awesome..it must be!
Maybe its the cynic in me but I recall JB and the cast and GST at comic con all saying that what they had done up to that point (i think they were up to ep 5) was 'awesome' but then the results of their labours were slated by a lot of fans of TOS...

What was interesting was that JB alluded to Mike 'making up for his past' after ep 13. Is it possible that we are going to get an 'airwolf' style scenario mixed in with 'the A team' where Mike and Kitt go on the run in the aftermath of ep 13 where the government (this is pure speculation on my part)decide that the SSC be shut down but Mike decides that with Kitts help he can still do good...?

Unfortunately we are only getting 4 episodes of the 'old style' set up but I hope something good happens in the ratings in the US and the network go back to the 22 idea...

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:43 pm

That sounds great, awesome work there Sue. If we get to see all that he said, the show is definitely heading into the right direction.
So now it's up to us to spread the word and bring back all the viewers KR lost during the last weeks. This forum is one way, but we should tell all our friends to tune in, everyone who loved the old show.
The new one just needs one more chance.

KRShelby
Rookie

Post by KRShelby » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:09 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:
KRShelby wrote:And I'm especially excited for it because Justin Bruening was an original KR fan..so if he says this one will be awesome..it must be!
Maybe its the cynic in me but I recall JB and the cast and GST at comic con all saying that what they had done up to that point (i think they were up to ep 5) was 'awesome' but then the results of their labours were slated by a lot of fans of TOS...

What was interesting was that JB alluded to Mike 'making up for his past' after ep 13. Is it possible that we are going to get an 'airwolf' style scenario mixed in with 'the A team' where Mike and Kitt go on the run in the aftermath of ep 13 where the government (this is pure speculation on my part)decide that the SSC be shut down but Mike decides that with Kitts help he can still do good...?

Unfortunately we are only getting 4 episodes of the 'old style' set up but I hope something good happens in the ratings in the US and the network go back to the 22 idea...
haha you know what agreed. I'm just hoping for the best lol.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:10 pm

Very, very promising indeedy!

Excellent work Sue! Thank you :good:

Anticipation levels are building up quite drastically now, I cant wait to see the next episodes.

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:39 pm

Maybe NBC should take a Hint from this website and start promoting Knight Rider!!!

A few decent teaser comercials and some cast visits to talk shows and conventions could just raise some intrest in the show. Buld some public intrest and get them wanting to watch the show. HINT HINT
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:45 pm

We still have Knight Fever to get through. :P Hmm, 20 rounds with Mike Tyson... Are KITT and KARR going to turn into Rock'em Sock'em robots? Is KARR going to bite KITT? It was kind of cool that he mentioned KITT vs KARR without any apparent prompting to do so and it's not like they were prepared to hype. I do wonder now what was there in that bit that was edited, heh. Since he hasn't seen his other cast mates in awhile, I'm guessing that the only interaction he's is going to have with the rest of the cast (who obviously won't be there) is going to be via video screen, similar to the original series and Devon contacting Michael? I really do hope they turn it around and the show's ratings reflect it and we get a season two. Hell, his talking about the KITT/KARR thing makes me almost not care if its the original KARR AI. :lol:

Oh yeah, I wonder what the extent of damage to KITT there's going to be in this episode if KITT gets his share of a beating...

Nice work Sue, I had more to say but I forgot..
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:52 pm

Anyone wonder what Justin really thinks of the retooling?I looked at that clip of him discussing the new episodes and when Sue asked about the retooling his facial expressions screamed I need to make something up here.I wonder if he missed acting with deanna and the rest of the cast.Those private sessions he had with deanna in the car.

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:22 pm

Great job Sue! Thanks for posting this. :good:

Justin Bruening really comes across as a class act.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:36 pm

Thanks for all the thanks! You guys are the best! :D
Don't forget to thank Neil too for all the work he is doing out of the lime light, cause I think I got more sleep this weekend than he did.
Thanks Neil :good:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:01 pm

Thanks to Sue, Neil and all the people involved in this, you guys are the best! :good:

By the way, speaking about promotions, is it just me or it seems that us people here in Knight Rider Online have been doing a better job at promoting Knight Rider than NBC themselves? Maybe NBC should make a joint campaign with KRO here to promote the reboot of Knight Rider, especially with those exclusive interviews with GST, Bruening and the writers that no other site seems to have at the moment!
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:04 pm

Yes, thanks to Neil too! :D

You know, it'd be rather sad if we did more to promote the show than NBCU....
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:43 pm

something that worried me is JB said the ep 12/13 are bigger than the ep he was shooting which we now know to be the season finale...

are we heading for an anti climax????

epc1122
Rookie

Post by epc1122 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:56 pm

probably just looking too much into it, but when he was talking about the episode 12 fight, he said how you take the "original kitt vs karr, and multiply it by 10." i'm thinking maybe it is the original karr. wouldnt he have said something like the original kitt and original karr, and multiply it by ten. eh, its late, i'm probably just looking too into it, but i thought his wording was interesting.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:08 pm

nice interview sue, sounds promising, we shall see what happens and if they are telling the truth when those remaining episodes air.
in glen larson we trust.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:58 am

Wow, what a great interview...Poor Justin with all those ice packs...He was starting to look like the Incredible Hulk coming out of his jacket.

BTW, 35 jackets??? Maybe he will auction one on ebay for charity.

Thank You Sue and Neil and Jaimie, for all your hard work on this. :good:
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!