How about just moving networks?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

How about just moving networks?

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:07 pm

Why not? The show is cheap as hell anyways? We see maybe a good long minute's worth of KITT racing past cars on the road (if we are lucky) in each episode. It's not like we are getting what we want besides more episodes. All of us just want to see our favorite car do some incredible stuff. Even if we have to wait 3-4 episodes until we get our next fix. So, is anyone with me on pushing this thread for some posts?? NBC can drop KNIGHT RIDER....just like they did with VIPER. That way, the fans will be heard a little better. Oh sure, the budget will get smaller, but you'll be happy. Right?

I feel a little drained on my support for a show that obviously will not see a second season. The audience of network TV is speaking, and they don't want this show. NBC is listening, and the end result is we lost the second half of the series that was supposed to deal with mostly story arcs. I believe NBC may own shares of the MY TV network, why not push KNIGHT RIDER over there, and give that channel some buzzing support?

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Re: How about just moving networks?

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:52 pm

If it HAS to be dropped from NBC (and let's be clear- it is still very much alive as an active show) then I would rather see it go to SciFi Channel, which is a sister company to NBC.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

gotigers1
Rookie

Post by gotigers1 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:12 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:If it HAS to be dropped from NBC (and let's be clear- it is still very much alive as an active show) then I would rather see it go to SciFi Channel, which is a sister company to NBC.
I would agree with this statement.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:15 pm

That's no fair!There's some people who don't get cable or satellite,like me.Try moving it to CBS or something.ABC is doing a season of Scrubs which is airing in January.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:27 pm

I agree Sci-Fi would work as well as USA. Because with cable we can get a lil more language/improve upon the sexual component of the show.

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:41 am

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote: That's no fair! There's some people who don't get cable or satellite,like me.Try moving
it to CBS or something. ABC is doing a season of Scrubs which is airing in January.
I agree with that. Much like some here in the UK, either can't afford or don't want to
subscribe to Sky Digital (satellite) or Virgin Media (cable) ... there would be a similar
proportion of people in the US that don't want or can't afford DirecTV or Comcast.

I'd be all for a network like CBS picking up Knight Rider, if NBC axed it. At least it'd
have the chance of a similar amount of funding. But how it would fit in among the
established primetime CBS drama shows like CSI, we could only speculate.

Which makes me think ... what if CBS had decided to revive Knight Rider with the
backdoor pilot and subsequent follow up series, and not NBC? Would they have
still offered the showrunner job to GST, or to someone like Jerry Bruckheimer?

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:20 am

Who knows? But with an option of switching networks, to somewhere with broad recognition, like CBS or ABC, we are talking about the same headache of worries that we all realize NBC has to deal with. A smaller broadcast network would make a whole lot more sense, as long as there is a big enough audience that will follow to support it. My idea of going to MY TV is that Knight Rider could go in a better direction - in the way we, the fans, want to see. SCI-FI or any other cable network that is under NBCU makes a whole lot of sense too, and I would just love to see it continue on one of those channels. My belief is if NBC is too product placement for the sake of profit, a small network trying to get attention is going to treat a big (but not big enough) franchise like Knight Rider with a little more TLC.....anyone feel me on this? Is anybody thinking about Buffy right now?

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:53 am

I think you guys are missing the point. KR wasn't brought back for creative reasons. It was brought back under the NBC/Ford partnership as an NBC property that can be used to showcase Ford's products. This is confirmed by Ben Silverman. I don't think Ford would allow a shift in stations. They want their cars to be seen on NBC. If Ford bails then no more GT500KR, assuming that Ford actually survives this economy. Who knows, if what you suggest happens KITT may end up being a foreign sports car.

EdwardKnoxII
Operative

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:03 pm

DJGM wrote:Which makes me think ... what if CBS had decided to revive Knight Rider with the
backdoor pilot and subsequent follow up series, and not NBC? Would they have
still offered the showrunner job to GST, or to someone like Jerry Bruckheimer?
We would get CSI: Knight Rider. Mike: Kitt lets *puts on shades* roll out. *YEAAHHHHH* :lol: