KR writer's think they can fool us.....

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight4life
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KR writer's think they can fool us.....

Post by Knight4life » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:48 am

Calling batman,transformers and iron man your inspiration doesn't mean the you start ripping off badly.A couple of days back i was watched the dark knight,iron man and a bit of transformers.In the dark knight i just got the glimpse of the shot where alfred is digitally re-constructing the fragments of the bullet.KR writer's have ripped that off in episode 6.Lisa & Katie have been apparently ripped off from Iron Man's/Tony Stark's mechanical arm robot named 'butter fingers'.In transformers the medical officer autobot named 'Rachid' detects sex hormone levels of Sam.KI3t does that ocassionally.
With this i have come to a conclusion.i won't support KR 2008 neither recommend it to anyone i will also not sign any petitions until they give us what we want plus there's a thing known as dignity,aren't they ashamed off ripping off all this?

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Re: KR writer's think they can fool us.....

Post by Garthe Knight » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:32 am

It's Ratchet.

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:09 am

Garthe Knight wrote:It's Ratchet.
Word!

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:21 am

On that basis, you should also discontinue all of your support for the original series as well. As fun as the show may have been, it blatantly copied and rehashed storylines from many TV shows and movies.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:20 pm

I agree with you, Mike. The writers aren't trying to "fool" anybody. They are trying to create the best TV show they can, with severe time, budget, and creative constraints. And, everyone borrows from everyone. It's the sincerest form of flattery. So, you have a situation where someone, let's say Knight4life, can "find" an unethical motive, if he wants to waste the time.

Knight4life
Operative

Post by Knight4life » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:31 pm

I enjoyed KR TOS as a kid,ofc it had flaws(noticed the flaws in recent times) and by no means i am saying to re-create the original.Just be as original with ideas as possible which i frankly don't see.The thing i mentioned above are straight rip-offs and no inspirations.Just don't tell me that you guys aren't blind enough to support a show simply cause it's named KNIGHT RIDER.

Knight4life
Operative

Post by Knight4life » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:37 pm

Isn't ripping-off a bad thing?

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:55 pm

Well what's the difference between "copying" and "ripping off"?

"The dialogue and acting are comic-book level and the plots are mostly hand-me-downs. One story involved a gang of mean bikers terrorizing a small town. This one lifted the plot of "The Wild One," including the cowardly sheriff and the girl in the cafe."

That's from the TV Guide review of the original series. Sounds like he's saying that Knight Rider wasn't original and just copied other storylines. Does that make it a bad show?
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

GNR2K6
Volunteer

Post by GNR2K6 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:02 pm

Sadly it's rather obvious many people on this board will accept anything that's named Knight Rider. Even if this new KITT were a toy wagon, they would still be criticizing anyone bringing up the original series and how much better it was than the crap this new one is in comparison. No matter how many times some people don't ever want to hear it, the plain and simple truth is unless this show gets back to something like the original or tying it in with the new, kiss the show goodbye this season.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:23 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:Well what's the difference between "copying" and "ripping off"?

"The dialogue and acting are comic-book level and the plots are mostly hand-me-downs. One story involved a gang of mean bikers terrorizing a small town. This one lifted the plot of "The Wild One," including the cowardly sheriff and the girl in the cafe."

That's from the TV Guide review of the original series. Sounds like he's saying that Knight Rider wasn't original and just copied other storylines. Does that make it a bad show?
Didnt the 'A team' also copy this in an episode with almost the same name??

KR - Good Day at White Rock (or something like that)
AT - Bad day at Black Rock (or something like that...?)

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:59 am

Wikipedia wrote: 106 "Black Day at Bad Rock" February 22, 1983
B.A. Baracus ends up with a .50 calibre gunshot wound in the leg, and the A-Team must stop off at a small town to get him a blood transfusion. While B.A. is forced to accept a transfusion from Murdock, he and the rest of the A-Team must face off against a group of bikers that is threatening the town. Meanwhile, the military police is on the way to the team's location.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Knight4life
Operative

Post by Knight4life » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:17 pm

If they were ripping off stuff (or copying) in the TOS then i won't support that act no matter how much i loved Knight Rider as a kid (as a kid i never knew KR was ripping off stuff),but it had a great concept about a guy being shot in the face and gets a new name with a very cool crime fighting machine and MK Sr. had a reason to do all the crime fighting stuff (he was banished in a nevada desert being betrayed and also saw a dying millionare).What i mean is that times have changed and ripping off stuff,plagarising others material is no good.In that fashion no one would criticize the show as well.