Knight Rider Season Reduced - from 22 to 17

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ghidorah15
Rookie

Re: Knight Rider Season Reduced - from 22 to 17

Post by ghidorah15 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:14 pm

2K&3KKITT wrote:I know about the reduction of the season but does anyone know if the show is actually canceled? I just read something some where (I can't remember exactly where) that the show is canceled. Is it? I hope not, I love Knight Rider.

:kitt2:
No, it's not canceled. Some "reporters" are just jumping the gun.

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KnightRiderKR » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:50 pm

ghidorah15 wrote:
2K&3KKITT wrote:I know about the reduction of the season but does anyone know if the show is actually canceled? I just read something some where (I can't remember exactly where) that the show is canceled. Is it? I hope not, I love Knight Rider.

:kitt2:
No, it's not canceled. Some "reporters" are just jumping the gun.
"reporters" yeah thats an understatement.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:08 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:You know, at times, it's seemed as though this show was a spoof of the original.

Seems fitting, as people here seem like they're spoofs of real KR fans.

and i think you've mixed up with show with TKR
No, I'm being serious. Think about it, it's like the show wasn't being taken serious at times. The stunt driving, and ALL of the other good points people here have made about the show aside, although they ARE correct. KITT speaking like a woman? Zoe making wise cracks about people on fire. And I DO like the show, and hope it won't be canceled, but let's be real here, the show may not necessarily be doomed, BUT the future IS bleak at best.

TheGHOSTMAN 007
Recruit

Post by TheGHOSTMAN 007 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:37 am

Hi guys. I haven't posted in a few weeks. I still have been watching the episodes and have been enjoying them. I am extremely down about the reduction in episodes. I know the show is not perfect but I have still enjoyed every episode to different degrees. I just feel that if the show is given enough time, it can dramatically improve and become a great continuation of Knight Rider. I really hope NBC takes into consideration things like DVD/Blu_ray sales and other collectibles before making the final decision on Season 2. I also sent an E-Mail to NBC stating my opinion.

Anyway, I will still watch every episode until there is no more. Hopefully I will be able to continue watching for many seasons to come. Let's try to convince people to give the show a try and get the ratings back up!

Good Luck to everyone who is a fan of the show or involved in it in anyway. To people who still do not like the show, please keep watching to see if you like it better after the re-imaging starts. Like I said, I understand the show is not perfect, but they seem to be trying to make it feel more like a true continuation of Knight Rider.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:58 am

Well said. Ultimately I think the revamp will be the tipping point of the series. If they take everything onboard and make the correct changes it should do well. However, I do think NBC needs to promote the show considering its month long vacation.

Personally, I am really enjoying the showing but also clearly see its flaws. Some are just painfully obvious but I hope they take note of the constructive critisism and make the right choices.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

triran
Rookie

Post by triran » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:38 am

See my theory is that it needs a big overhaul which NBC acknowledges so instead of dragging it on, get this series finished early and rebrand and retool for a better second series like Terminator did. They already want to change the format but why change it now instead the 2nd series is a perfect start point.

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:55 am

Hey guys and girls, I know there are some people here who have some sort of contact to the crew, maybe someone even knows how to contact Gary Scott Thompson.
I'd really like to get a statement from him, maybe some comment about a possible second season where a lot of things are changed or something? Even a confirmation of the cancellation would be a statement (none I would want to hear).
But the worst part is the waiting not knowing what's going to happen.
Maybe GST should take an hour or two and sit down and join a community chat, that would be awesome.

Mike K
Rookie

Post by Mike K » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:18 am

Well after reading through all the replies, I feel I need to say my peace.
I am a big fan of knight rider & was an avid fan of the Original. :kitt:

Yes, I liked the movie more than the revamp TV series, for starters kitt looked better in the “attack mode” subtle but mean. GST has made it more…what is the word I am looking for… too OTT?

Anyway, lets see how this re vamp goes; I am a firm believer that this will be the true test & one that KR will pass with flying colours.

Maybe after the 3 cast members leave, this is where we will see more original KR come into effect.
More driving, is needed from mike,
Kitt to come to his aid,
Semi instead of the cave
& Sarah to look after kitt & re program him like bonnie did etc…

Then let’s see it take off, its nearly there but just not doing enough........

Oh by the way let’s have KR on in UK im sure we can hit 3-4 million viewers!!!
& if FORD are struggling sell the US cars,Bring them over here to the UK -
I would love to buy a GT500 Stang :good:

bige12
Rookie

Post by bige12 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:31 pm

If you have not seen there is a interview GST and he says that NBC has laid-off several of there production staff and it was a cost cutting move since the job market & economy are so bad right now alot of people are loosing there jobs. That interview is under the news section of this site. So the show is NOT CANCELED.

According to GST I think we have a a good season 1 (season finale)

Just once again the reduction of the season from 22 episodes to 17 episodes is do to COST CUTTING.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:30 am

Well, i know NBC is cutting costs all over the place, but there's something hinky about that statement. I also suspect we aren't going to get much in the way of slam bang stunts for the rest of the season- so I'm going to propose a question to all of you; what would you be willing to accept to keep this show on the air?
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:19 am

The original show didn't always have top notch stunts either, we don't need slam bang stunts all of the time.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:56 am

bige12 wrote:

Just once again the reduction of the season from 22 episodes to 17 episodes is do to COST CUTTING.

Gary exaggerates a lot. He did it with Turbo Boost, he even did it with KITT's spoiler (moving up and down according to speed, turning and braking). Take his word with a grain of salt. Like with every good salesman, we stay interested with enthusiasm until we finally see a demonstration of the product.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:20 am

KnightINSTINCT wrote:
bige12 wrote:

Gary exaggerates a lot. He did it with Turbo Boost, he even did it with KITT's spoiler (moving up and down according to speed, turning and braking). Take his word with a grain of salt. Like with every good salesman, we stay interested with enthusiasm until we finally see a demonstration of the product.
Have to agree and even though he says the show isn't cancelled, did anyone notice at the end that he says for people to write letters into the studios to pledge their support for the show? If everything was fine then why would we have to do that? :roll:
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight4life
Operative

Post by Knight4life » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:55 pm

I'll agree with the statements above,gary does actually exaggerate a lot.We didn't see the spoiler in action neither did we get a lot stunts burn outs etc....look at the way he mentioned "4000 rounds have been shot"....he always adds spice to things he says but in reality that usually doesn't happen.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:57 pm

KnightRiderKR wrote:The original show didn't always have top notch stunts either, we don't need slam bang stunts all of the time.
your wrong! the original show had a lot of top notch stunts and kitt always did some kind of turbo boost, thats what knight rider is all about. and we defanitely always need slam bang stunts.its because the lack of stunts and story writing that kr08 is failing in the ratings to begin with!
in glen larson we trust.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:14 pm

Jay Leno's show being moved up to 10 PM Each night of the week is a big hit, or at least it very well could be. That takes up 5 time slots per week, conceivably five entire shows.

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:41 pm

How exactly would having Jay Leno in an earlier timeslot affect Knight Rider? As far as
we know, it'll probably be the same show he's been doing at 23:35 since 1992, with a
new show title, and a new set in the same old studio, shown 1hr 35 mins earlier.

I'd imagine the only shows that could be adversely affected by NBC's talkshow shuffle
would be the Late Show and the Late Late Show over on CBS. Mind you, Letterman
is getting on a bit now, and might be thinking of retiring soon!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:02 pm

One site is already asking it's readers what NBC should cut to make room for Jay. Knight Rider is one of the victims, go here and DO NOT vote for Knight Rider - vote for anything else!

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2008/12/09/wh ... chuck/9340" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:20 pm

It looks like Knight Rider is at the top of the list :shock:

Save Knight Rider :!:

:kittside: :kitt: :kitt2:
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:29 pm

Wow. 73% say KR should go.

neps, hope you don't mind if I create a separate thread to try and get more people to vote.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:37 pm

How exactly would having Jay Leno in an earlier timeslot affect Knight Rider?
Very simple. It will move up the Law & Order shows to 9 and begin to cut the 9PM shows or move them to 8. They're saying all over the media that the reality shows, as well as the shows like Leno, are far cheaper to produce. One drama, such as ER is 5 million per episode, compared to, say Leno, which is like 2 Million for the week. NBC has not had much success with hit shows, which is why Leno was moved up to 10pm, and they NEED to do SOMETHING, so there is little doubt they will axe whatever is necessary.

BTW, Knight Rider is on that above mentioned website, being voted @ 72% (300 PEOPLE) to be canceled, as by the general viewers. That ain't good folks. :cry: :oops:

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:45 pm

Update on poll - it's over 720 people now and 73%.

NBC is going to be canceling a lot of shows to make Leno possible. This will leave them with only 2 hours of prime time programming each night. Guess which show gets axed first if for example, KR and The Biggest Loser tie in the ratings?

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:49 pm

When does the Leno thing supposed to begin?

jyd85
Operative

Post by jyd85 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:57 pm

I believe they said the Fall of 2009.

Leno was interviewed on MSNBC tonight. He said that NBC had initially offered him the eight o clock spot, but he turned that timeslot down.
If you'd be so kind as to put me down.

Down?

My dear, I'm a car. Not a plane.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:18 am

Just for "fun".....

http://blog.zap2it.com/korbitv/2008/12/ ... knigh.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:roll:

At least it's not all hate in the comments...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: