somebody's having a sense of homour failure!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

whet
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: somebody's having a sense of homour failure!

Post by whet » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:57 pm

RobWolf wrote:
HisNameisGarth wrote: If we as a community are seen as die-hard, loyal fans...... Even a poorly rated show can
be renewed and driven by overwhelming fan support. But the networks need to be aware
of the loyal fan support. The insults lobbed at the new show don't help in any way -- there
is no upside to it. Yet they can cause serious long-term damage.
But surely, if we are seen as die hard fans, and a large amount of us are not liking the show, surely that says that they HAVE got it badly wrong? Or does our opinion not count.

I have seen almost an exact repeat here of what happened on the main Doctor Who boards when that new POS came on the air. An immediate bias towards the new show, anyone who vocies negative opinions is instantly outcast, their opinions are not welcome and do not matter. And IMHO it's the same cause. Your favourite show comes BACK TO TV after a gap of many, many years. But....it's not great. But as a 'loyal fan', what do you do? Have guts to say that the show is crap? NO, because that means the show gets cancelled, and you'd rather put up with 'crap show' than have no show at all. Just look at the support for Ruselll T Davies now compared with when he started. It has PLUMETTED. He's just kept piling on the crap, until a hell of a lot more people wanted him out. Whovians weren't true to themselves OR Doctor Who in 2005, New Knight Rider supporters are doing the same thing.

inb4 I get told off AGAIN for not keeping it 'constructive'

Oh and with regards to that article, Sarah Connor Chronicles should have been aborted before birth, let alone cancelled.....

Well I'm 100% with you on this one.

GST dosn't care about Knight Rider he certainly don't care about our views.
If he cared about Knight Rider he'd have never aired this unbelivable tripe that been on recently.

You know when I heard Knight Rider was comiong back, I couldn't belive it.

Then I saw the news series and I couldn't belive that either.

This thing is not bad, it's absoultly terrible. no wonder it's about to be canceled.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:49 pm

Enough with the poo throwing at GST. If you think you can only point the finger at GST to blame then you have a lot to learn.

We have no idea how the series had to be written and dealt with. Sure, the writers may not have gotten Knight Rider at times, but I'd bet you there was also restrictions in place from Ford and NBC that prevented them from doing certain things they wanted to.

Only until we are out this series will those types of things come to light. But without the whole story available to us, you should be careful at trying to slander people.

RobWolf
Rookie

Post by RobWolf » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:04 pm

Oh wait...the topic title is , Somebody's having a sense of humour Failure'

....is the answer, 'butthurt New Knight Rider Fans'? :D

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:45 pm

First off, RobWolf, let's keep these forums PG-rated, we have younger ones who view these threads and post on this board and we don't need lewd comments like the one in your last post here.

Second, this thread has gotten way out of control and has had absolutely no positive impact in any way. The only thing this thread has accomplished is to further the hatred that some have for this show and to sling insults at its creators and the crew who work hard on this show. Neil is right in saying that we really have no idea why some of the directions the show has taken occurred or who made those calls. I'm sure that both Ford and NBC exert some pretty heavy influence in each episode's creation. In fact, we heard a while back that for one of the episodes there were supposed to be flashbacks to fill in the gaps on Mike's past but NBC cut them because they felt it would make the episode "too dark." So, before you go knocking the show and accusing its creators of having no care for TOS, make sure you have the facts to back it up before you speak.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:39 am

RobWolf wrote:
HisNameisGarth wrote: If we as a community are seen as die-hard, loyal fans...... Even a poorly rated show can
be renewed and driven by overwhelming fan support. But the networks need to be aware
of the loyal fan support. The insults lobbed at the new show don't help in any way -- there
is no upside to it. Yet they can cause serious long-term damage.
But surely, if we are seen as die hard fans, and a large amount of us are not liking the show, surely that says that they HAVE got it badly wrong? Or does our opinion not count.

I have seen almost an exact repeat here of what happened on the main Doctor Who boards when that new POS came on the air. An immediate bias towards the new show, anyone who vocies negative opinions is instantly outcast, their opinions are not welcome and do not matter. And IMHO it's the same cause. Your favourite show comes BACK TO TV after a gap of many, many years. But....it's not great. But as a 'loyal fan', what do you do? Have guts to say that the show is crap? NO, because that means the show gets cancelled, and you'd rather put up with 'crap show' than have no show at all. Just look at the support for Ruselll T Davies now compared with when he started. It has PLUMETTED. He's just kept piling on the crap, until a hell of a lot more people wanted him out. Whovians weren't true to themselves OR Doctor Who in 2005, New Knight Rider supporters are doing the same thing.

inb4 I get told off AGAIN for not keeping it 'constructive'

Oh and with regards to that article, Sarah Connor Chronicles should have been aborted before birth, let alone cancelled.....
The Sarah Connor Chronicles is a good show, actually. It's got a second season, something KR hasn't been promised yet.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:52 am

neps wrote:Enough with the poo throwing at GST. If you think you can only point the finger at GST to blame then you have a lot to learn.

We have no idea how the series had to be written and dealt with. Sure, the writers may not have gotten Knight Rider at times, but I'd bet you there was also restrictions in place from Ford and NBC that prevented them from doing certain things they wanted to.

Only until we are out this series will those types of things come to light. But without the whole story available to us, you should be careful at trying to slander people.
Well GST is th guy in charge of this mess.
Someone has to carry the can for making such a dire job and getting the show canceled( ok I know it's not been anounced but it is canceled already w all know it)

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:49 am

Well GST is th guy in charge of this mess.
Someone has to carry the can for making such a dire job and getting the show canceled( ok I know it's not been anounced but it is canceled already w all know it)
whet,

Why do you keep ignoring the moderators? You know this community has a reputation to protect, right? It's not fair to put the whole blame on GST even though he is one of the key figures.
You believe this version of Knight Rider is crap and that's fine, I don't like it either but that doesn't qualify you to bash GST for his involvement in the series. Let me remind you that there are people in this forum who still enjoy the new Knight Rider and want this commiunity to stay serious and constructive. As Knight Rider fans we can't bash or insult the series the way we have. People come here to discuss the series in an orderly manner and topics like these can't allow that to happen.
GST said that he did Knight Rider the way he wanted. The new Knight Rider series is not a Glen A. Larson creation, it's a GST creation. Let's pause for the cause and see what will happen after december and I'm sure matters like these will be open for discussion (in a constructive way of course).
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:21 pm

Well you know this constructive rubbish is realy getting on my nerves now.
What's the point?
GST has to answer to this tripe he's put on tv, or at least get someone responsable to answer for it.

I tell you what if I was David Hasselhoff right now I'd be laughing myself silly.