TEAM FORD RIDER

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

TEAM FORD RIDER

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:51 am

How many people feel the same way?
TFR.gif
TFR.gif (119.91 KiB) Viewed 16882 times
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Re: TEAM FORD RIDER

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:15 am

thats one of the dumbest things i've seen on these forums since i joined.....
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:45 am

unfortunately i have to admit... there's some truth to it!

i'm still hoping the reboot/retool will change things for the better!

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:01 am

LOL, PREACH Tony P!
I love it! :good:
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Renegade94
Recruit

Post by Renegade94 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:05 am

I do not agree at all! I must admit that in the Pilot every car or tuck used seem to be a Ford, but in the series even though KITT only transforms into Ford products, I still do not view this show as an hour long Ford Ad! I think that Ford has been real smart with the way they have used the Transform mode to showcase some of their new products, but I do not feel they have shoved them in our faces too much. KITT is usually not in his transformed mode for too long during each episode, and that is why I think that they have done it right... :good:
"KITT keep your eyes peeled" Michael
"Michael I do not have eyes" KITT
"Figure of speech KITT" Michael
From Knight In Shining Armor

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:24 pm

thats one of the dumbest things i've seen on these forums since i joined.....
he's right.

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:44 pm

Renegade94 wrote:I do not agree at all! I must admit that in the Pilot every car or tuck used seem to be a Ford, but in the series even though KITT only transforms into Ford products, I still do not view this show as an hour long Ford Ad! I think that Ford has been real smart with the way they have used the Transform mode to showcase some of their new products, but I do not feel they have shoved them in our faces too much. KITT is usually not in his transformed mode for too long during each episode, and that is why I think that they have done it right... :good:

I totally agree with you! :good: :mrgreen: :kitt2:
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:14 pm

I am sorry I resepectfully disagree.

FORD shouldn’t be using this or any TV show to showcase their different vehicles, as one of the shows main characters.

I have no problem with the show using only FORD products if they want to showcase something or appeal to a certain consumer, within the shows story, but not with one of the main characters.

Here's the thing: See I think most people will agree that if KITT is a Mustang they can live with that, but if KITTS a Mustang then he is a MUSTANG.

CGI and transformers are really a cool effect in the right venue. Again I go back to the argument that if NBC and GST promoted the show as Knight Rider re-imagined, a lot more people would accept it for what it is. Knight Rider was promoted as the original story continuing 25 years later, with Michael Knights son behind the wheel..

But I think the largest problem with the new show, in all seriousness, is it leaves fans of the original series feeling ripped off.

My excitement and anticipation began with the 2008 Knight Rider Movie. It was very well done; it also seemed to follow the original series where the designer of the original KITT was designing another car for the same type of mission. The son of Michael Knight is chosen to drive, we actually see Michael Knight Sr. in the movie. Some elements were missing but I think most people understood the time constraints of the movie, but all in all a very good beginning for a series.

Then the new show started and I felt ripped off, like, this isn’t even following where the movie left off, this isn’t a continuation of the show. The whole basic story line changed from the movie to the new show, and the new show isn’t what we (everyone) were led to believe the show was going to be about.

Suddenly there are FBI people running Knight Industries with no real explanation of where they came from or why the FBI is suddenly calling the shots. Michael has a memory loss and mysterious past tied into the FBI. Vague reference to the original series but no real connection. Then KITT with all the CGI stuff transforming into whatever vehicle suits their needs. I have heard of product placement but come-on.

Transformer Mode (in my opioinion) takes away from the shows credibility. In the 08 movie the nanotech enhanced shell could change the color of the car even re-align to form the rear wing. But KITT stayed a Mustang.

That is my point. If KITT a Mustang then he’s a Mustang. Not a Mustang/Crown Vic/Van/Pickup Truck/Fusion/whatever else they decide to make him. It’s demeaning to Mustangs everywhere.

Had GST and NBC been honest and came out and said this was Knight Rider re-imagined. Now it’s the story of Michael Knight a US Army veteran, who has lost his memory and his fantastic transforming super car KITT. Join them as they fight terrorism and bad guys, while Michael searches for the truth to his past. I don’t think the show would have been as poorly received by the fans of the original series, as it was.
I think the show would, and can, do fine without the “Re-Boot” but since NBC is planning to do it. I hope the re-boot saves the show from cancellation. I really Like Justin Bruening as Michael Knight he does a fantastic job, and he is great at interacting with KITT.

I think the show has great potential, and I think the actors try very hard to produce a good show.

BTW, I am not trying piss anyone off, just my opinion
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:18 pm

I wish that I could be mad at Ford for forcing their car line on me but they are the ones providing the $$$ for the tv show that I get to watch.
If I were Ford, I would be mad that a show that I am funding is not being shown for a whole month maybe longer.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:45 pm

If Ford should have an issue with anything it should be the writing, not to mention the potential backlash from the whoring of their products.

I didn't have any problems with the transformations, at least at first and while it still annoyed me to no end with the so called "product integration" but I was sort of getting over it, but then we got the giant, full on, close up of a large Ford logo shoved right in our face in I Wanna Rock & Roll All Knight which was a huge eye rolling moment well, most of that episode was but it was the icing on the cake so to speak that, they did have Mike compliment a Dodge Super Bee which was rather surprising... Except then it was promptly wrecked.. My opinion of the show really started to change after Knight of the Living Dead (had problem pink Mustang convertible since it was for a good cause), then we got IWR&RAK and that was the start of my opinion really taking a nose dive. Then, with Knight of the Zodiac along with another terribly written/directed episode, we get KITT turning into a Ford Flex with a bright and perfectly clear look at the Ford logo on the front. Obviously the only reason they used a Ford Flex/Toaster, when they could have just as easily used another model of Mustang, was because that's what Ford wanted to sell. Plus we got more shilling with the "introduction" of the new Mustang (while being complimented on how "beautiful" it looked) that was only there because the car had just publicly debuted and it wasn't even KITT Transformed and ended up only being a mock-up of a 2010 Mustang. Oh yeah, I forgot about the recycling of the backdoor pilot shot from when Sarah and KITT arrived in Vegas that included the camera panning around to show a nice, clear close up of the Shelby Cobra emblem.

I hope that change of focus does more than what they've already said and includes better writing and at least some attempt at not making the Ford advertising so blatant. But alas, that might be too much to ask for, hell I might be able to live with it if the show was better.... Anyway, we'll see in January.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:54 am

i totally agree with you tony, team ford rider is defanitely what it is!! ford is not doing too well, they might be going bankrupt soon, if that happens ford wont want to pump money into a failing show too much longer.
in glen larson we trust.

FX23
Operative

Post by FX23 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:42 am

cant wait until billy and zoe get their own bikes to ride!

KITT Season 4
Rookie

Post by KITT Season 4 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:42 pm

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
All it needs is the warriors In Pink, the flex and the 2010

FX23
Operative

Post by FX23 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:45 pm

we need the hoff and proper kitt to smash through the SCC walls and start culling the nbc ford rider cast by getting them to "interact" wil kitts windscreen at 200mph

yeeharr :kitt:

RobWolf
Rookie

Post by RobWolf » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:29 pm

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:How many people feel the same way?
TFR.gif

You sir win an internet :lol:

FASTKNIGHT
Recruit

Post by FASTKNIGHT » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:10 pm

YOU HIT IT RIGHT ON THE NOSE,,these jokers better think of somthing good with this reboot,, or we can burry this with knight rider 2000, and if ford does not get some of that goverment money to help them out, hell we can burry them too :mrgreen:
this next character :arrow: :kitt: , better make an appearance soon or this show is done for :roll:
1989 Pontiac Formula 5.7

MikeBKnight
Rookie

Post by MikeBKnight » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:34 pm

FASTKNIGHT wrote:YOU HIT IT RIGHT ON THE NOSE,,these jokers better think of somthing good with this reboot,, or we can burry this with knight rider 2000, and if ford does not get some of that goverment money to help them out, hell we can burry them too :mrgreen:
this next character :arrow: :kitt: , better make an appearance soon or this show is done for :roll:
Very well said. It's going to be interesting to see what this "new direction" is exactly that this show will be taking us. I hope that it gets back on track to what the original Knight Rider was about (which from what I've been reading, it's going to), so that should up the ratings a little. But I definitely agree . . STOP with the FORD ADVERTISING !!! :)

MikeLutton
Operative

Post by MikeLutton » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:37 am

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:How many people feel the same way?
TFR.gif

the big truck looks like one from the A team :kitt:

FX23
Operative

Post by FX23 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:54 am

are nbc planning on trashing a team too?