You know... the pilot was better than I remembered!!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Bryan KITT Fan
Volunteer

You know... the pilot was better than I remembered!!

Post by Bryan KITT Fan » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:15 pm

Thanks to the magic of ebay I was able to purchase a copy of the title (silly me didn't tape it :oops: ) and I sat down and watched it again.

I like it even more than I did the first time I saw it. Never caught all the TOS references, esp when they were poking around in the garage at the beginning. I somehow missed some of it.

Anybody else get to re-watch it lately?

Opinions?

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: You know... the pilot was better than I remembered!!

Post by Sue » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:55 pm

I have a shrine set up for the pilot. It contains the Emmy version and two copies from fye, I'd have three but someone was in desperate need. When they officially release it I'll have that version too. Oh.. and then because of it I joined some site called knightrideronline and haven't shut up since. I guess you could say I liked it.. just a little. :D
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

knightny
Rookie

Post by knightny » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:19 am

The pilot was so good. There were things missing but I was hoping they would improve on it in the series. Unfortunately they handed full control over to GST and it was ruined. I'm surprised the show has lasted 8 episodes. It wont have any ratings when it comes back on dec 31st. It's done. :(

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:39 am

I was just thinking about that on the drive home. How are we going to identify this version of Knight Rider in five, ten years from now? I'm going to go with GARY SCOTT THOMPSON'S KNIGHT RIDER. VH-1 will have one of it's segments from Where Are They Now highlighting the most anticipated return of NBC's Knight Rider, and how they updated the show with "sexin'": from the car, to practically the whole cast, with story lines that amplify all the candy.

Does anybody remember TBS's rendition of The Leave It To Beaver Show? The kids of the former had kids of their own, and they tried to stay along the same themes from back in the day, but modernizing the gags for the 80's sophisticated? This show is the same deal. The show could be better, but I'm satisfied enough just to see the talking car......just like everyone was satisfied to see the Beaver.

:kitt:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:34 am

This show so far has been the opposite of sophisticated though. I guess maybe GST's definition of something being sophisticated is the exact opposite of mine. The show is actually dumber than the original. Which I guess is what you're getting at?
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Transparent
Rookie

Post by Transparent » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:09 pm

I agree. KITTs driving scenes feel a lot faster in the pilot and the RC scenes are better than anything stunt wise in the series.

Transparent
Rookie

Post by Transparent » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:11 pm

And in retrospect, I love the vertical panning over KITTS scanner in the pilot...

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:43 pm

I luved the pilot but you know what i think the reboot will ehlp im honestly being serious. :good: :kitt2:
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:13 am

the pilot was much better compared to the crap that gary scott thompson gave us in the series!!!! they should go back to the original attack kitt from the pilot that was much nicer looking.
in glen larson we trust.

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:26 am

knightprobe89 wrote:the pilot was much better compared to the crap that gary scott thompson gave us in the series!!!! they should go back to the original attack kitt from the pilot that was much nicer looking.
They should drop the whole attack mode idea, and for that matter all transformation into Ford vehicles. Otherwise you are right. The pilot was far from being perfect, but it was much more knight rider than GST's series (I refuse to call it Knight Rider).
Heck, even Power Rangers is better than this, and that's sad.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:04 am

The attack mode don't bother me so much as the other crap this thing turns into. The pickup truck I can live with, but when does it end. It gets stupid. I could see it even turning into other Mustang models, but SUV's, Van's???? What will it turn into next? An 18-Wheeler. That's one of the problems. Show should be Knight Viper.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:31 am

Basically it ends when Ford either goes out of business or they run out of vehicles to shill. At least the van was something out of production, IIRC.

They need to have a firm difference between the Attack and Normal modes and that doesn't mean that KITT should be pretty much useless in that normal mode either.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:55 am

Yeah, the pilot movie was great.
They didn't have a lot of money -- I know we all wanted more action and stunts.
Still, it had a great cast -- especially the bad guy. I wish Hasselhoff could have
been in it more, but again they did the best they could with the movie. The
critics aren't KR fans -- they hammered the pilot just because they don't
understand KR and why it was popular.
There ain't no E in Garth, damn it.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:04 am

Sue wrote:I have a shrine set up for the pilot. It contains the Emmy version and two copies from fye, I'd have three but someone was in desperate need. When they officially release it I'll have that version too. Oh.. and then because of it I joined some site called knightrideronline and haven't shut up since. I guess you could say I liked it.. just a little. :D
You've only been here since then? Certainly feels like you've been here longer than that... :?
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:29 pm

I can't help but agree,too!I love KI3T and,it's just that after the show became a series,KI3T's no more than a background object.IMO he's the best part of the show.The Pilot had KI3T in it a lot,but the series just shows he now merely a tool.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:40 am

cloudkitt wrote:
Sue wrote:I have a shrine set up for the pilot. It contains the Emmy version and two copies from fye, I'd have three but someone was in desperate need. When they officially release it I'll have that version too. Oh.. and then because of it I joined some site called knightrideronline and haven't shut up since. I guess you could say I liked it.. just a little. :D
You've only been here since then? Certainly feels like you've been here longer than that... :?
Thanks! … I think. I sure have gotten to do a lot of really cool things in a short amount of time.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:41 am

I enjoyed the pilot and it felt more KR than this kinda does. Especially the references to the original was a biggie for me, Wilton Knight, KI2T, etc. I wish the new series would incorporate that more but I guess we will have to wait as usual. I would like if there was a big terrorist scheme similar to Black River from the pilot who would come and try and steal KITT in an episode and reference how they tried once after Wilton Knight's car was created. Would be nice to have some more references.

Joe