What is the cheapest way to transport Kitt to Knightfest?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Shadowy Flight
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Deadman's Curve (between Silicon Valley and Millston)

What is the cheapest way to transport Kitt to Knightfest?

Post by Shadowy Flight » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:04 pm

I'm sure many of us who are on the eastcoast are wondering the same thing because outside the Californians, most people who have Kitt replicas in the U.S. reside on the righthand states or at least midwest and that's a far drive to Vegas. Most of the replicas are in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Virginia, Georgia, Florida and to the left would be Chicago and Detroit. These are where most replicas are made anyway. Any suggestions on how to get them there without driving? I'm sure the car show will have an even bigger turnout if you can help get us eastcoasters to you in the most safe and cost efficient way. I don't mind paying a hundred bucks here, a hundred bucks there for my flight, room and meals but did you know it costs $1,000 to ship a car by truck and that's one way. For $2000 we can buy new dash boards. Any help or advice would greatly be appreciated...because I can't drive it through the desert; the sky's not purple enough. :D Thank you.
Nothing gold can stay. The Sun sets and it becomes a purple desert...then you get run over by a black car!!!

Shadowy Flight
Rookie
Location: Deadman's Curve (between Silicon Valley and Millston)

Re: What is the cheapest way to transport Kitt to Knightfest?

Post by Shadowy Flight » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:07 am

Any ideas? Can we all chip in to put them on a large military plane like KI3T?
Nothing gold can stay. The Sun sets and it becomes a purple desert...then you get run over by a black car!!!

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:02 pm

I would love to be at the airport to see them all back out of the plane one by one...:)
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:08 pm

That would be awesome to see! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

RafaelLOJ
Operative

Post by RafaelLOJ » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:21 pm

Any option would be more $$$ and less fun than a Road Trip in Kitt :)

Raf

maxwellmilian
Recruit

Post by maxwellmilian » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:00 am

What? No one has their mobile command center yet? After my car is finished, I'm definitly going to build one of them to transport my car! LOL!
I entertained that idea for w hile, as I worked with a guy that looked exactly like RC3! I had my old KITT car back then, and threatened him with driving the truck all over creation hauling it around. He got a kick out of the car, and said it wouldn't be so bad if it was KITT he was hauling!

By the way, I drive and maintain trucks and heavy equipment for a living, owning a MCC isn't as farfetched as most people think :kittspin:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:05 pm

Unfortunately I think your best bet is going to be driving, do you have a truck or know someone who does that would be either able to tow the car there or put it on a trailer? Slow as hell and potentially more dangerous but there's not a whole lot of options.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: