Page 1 of 1

Sexual Harassment at the SSC

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:50 pm
by EdwardKnoxII
During "I Wanna Rock & Roll All Knight" Zoey threaten to call HR on Billy for sexual harassment which I thought was bunch of crap. Cause when you think about it it's Billy that should be calling sexaul harassment Zoey. She's always saying sexual things to him more often then not and not to mention she's always hitting/attacking him for no reason right in front of the bosses who really don't do anything to stop it.

When you think about it there's so much sexual harassment type stuff going on it's not even funny. With Billy/Zoey, Mike/Sarah and then Dr. Graiman acting like a horndog with his old lady friend wonder how any work gets done.

What they should do is have someone like Billy sue the Knight Industries for sexual harassment and then the government, after an out of court settlement, decides to fire Carrie and Torres for letting this crap happen. The End.

Re: Sexual Harassment at the SSC

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:27 pm
by GT500KR
dont forget probably carrie has some blonde in one of the sleeping quarters, haha

Re: Sexual Harassment at the SSC

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:47 pm
by knightny
Who cares about details? SEX SELLS!!!!...........

:roll:

Re: Sexual Harassment at the SSC

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:17 pm
by Stealthwalker
knightny wrote:Who cares about details? SEX SELLS!!!!...........

:roll:



Sad to say, but I think that's seem to be the "gimmick" that this show is running on with this show & it's probably one of the many things that's making ratings drop.

Re: Sexual Harassment at the SSC

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:27 pm
by PHOENIXZERO
Sex sells when you have the inability to write without depending on it to make up for your own lack of creativity or actual writing talent. Anyone can write in a scene that's just pointless T&A, hell they don't even require any sort of writing, just a camera and some chicks dancing around while you shoot close ups. I don't mind it sometimes, but they're just waaaaay to dependent on it.

Re: Sexual Harassment at the SSC

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:03 pm
by Sky_Blue_Civic
I agree Phoenix!IMO,KI3T's the real star of the show!Make him do something awesome-that is what is going to bring in the viewers.If they improve on the writing,I don't think sex will be needed at all.Good writing can surpass a lot of flaws in TV shows!

Re: Sexual Harassment at the SSC

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:46 pm
by Ontario Knight
SEX SELLS look at the other show that GST wrote....However I did like that show... :kitt:

Re: Sexual Harassment at the SSC

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:05 pm
by Lost Knight
I wonder if the SCC made every employee watch those cheesy sexual harassment videos for orientation...

Re: Sexual Harassment at the SSC

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:23 pm
by excalibur
PHOENIXZERO wrote:Sex sells when you have the inability to write without depending on it to make up for your own lack of creativity or actual writing talent. Anyone can write in a scene that's just pointless T&A, hell they don't even require any sort of writing, just a camera and some chicks dancing around while you shoot close ups. I don't mind it sometimes, but they're just waaaaay to dependent on it.

I wholeheartedly agree. Way too much sexual content, that and all the side stories of all the characters takes time away from what is important... And that is the partnership and bond between one man and one car.

I find this KR08 very shallow in that it lacks the depth of the original KR - compassion, commitment and dedication, altruism, determination, really caring for others... all these things came out in TOS and Michael, Kitt, Bonnie, Devon, RC and April reflected these characteristics. A class act. Some can argue that was then, but virtues don't go out of style. Can the writers of KR08 please see this, or are they too busy writing sex? Again I agree, lack of creativity... So they just throw some sex and T&A in there. What do the writer's think we are, mindless dweebs?

KR08's ratio of fluff in the form of sexual content vs. meaningful content is way off balance. It takes the lion's share of the show. TOS had some bikini scenes and such, and some implied sexual overtones, but it was subtle and not in your face compared to KR08. Considering all the episodes, TOS's occurrences overall was relatively low. Any sexual content could be overlooked because TOS was much more than that. It had substance, it had a firm foundation.

Sexual harassment in the SSC:
1) Voyeurism. Billy and Zoe watching Sarah and Mike. Billy and Zoe in Kitt eating popcorn watching Sarah and Mike. Sarah watching Mike and the girl (Knight of Hunter). Carrie, Zoe and Sarah watching Dr. Graiman. Oh for crap's sake, it just seems like every episode someone is watching someone else!
2) Sexual tension. Sexual talk in the form of innuendos, references and outright blatant remarks such as your father and I had lots of sex. Lovely. :roll:
3) Casual sex as displayed by Billy’s one night stand and Dr. Graiman’s intentions to do an overnight at the green woman’s hotel.

Overall, there is just too much sexual content, it's taking over. Hopefully maybe when the retool/reboot happens they'll have more money to dedicate to what Knight Rider is supposed to be... a knight rider. NOT a soap opera drama! This kind of stuff belongs in other shows, not KR. Not to this extent.

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:I agree Phoenix!IMO,KI3T's the real star of the show!Make him do something awesome-that is what is going to bring in the viewers.If they improve on the writing,I don't think sex will be needed at all.Good writing can surpass a lot of flaws in TV shows!

Others have said it, but I'll say it again. Mike and Kitt need to be the focus and that includes more action and Kitt not playing a background prop. Who didn't love the scenes where Kitt would "fight" alongside Michael by driving himself and using his car doors to kick the bad guys, LOL!

Sorry for the long post but I've been feeling the same way and am expressing pretty much the same things that others that have felt this way have said. Maybe if our posts are being read by GST or company, something could change.

Re: Sexual Harassment at the SSC

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:05 pm
by Lost Knight
excalibur wrote:I find this KR08 very shallow in that it lacks the depth of the original KR - compassion, commitment and dedication, altruism, determination, really caring for others... all these things came out in TOS and Michael, Kitt, Bonnie, Devon, RC and April reflected these characteristics. A class act. Some can argue that was then, but virtues don't go out of style. Can the writers of KR08 please see this, or are they too busy writing sex? Again I agree, lack of creativity... So they just throw some sex and T&A in there. What do the writer's think we are, mindless dweebs?


excalibur wrote:KR08's ratio of fluff in the form of sexual content vs. meaningful content is way off balance.


Couldn't have said it better myself.

excalibur wrote:Overall, there is just too much sexual content, it's taking over. Hopefully maybe when the retool/reboot happens they'll have more money to dedicate to what Knight Rider is supposed to be... a knight rider. NOT a soap opera drama! This kind of stuff belongs in other shows, not KR. Not to this extent.


I think part of the issue is the demographic that the show is targeting, aside from the lack of creativity with some of the scripts. Are the producers really trying to bank the success of the show to the pubescent teenage male crowd? Because that's what it seems like.

Anyway, I'm confident these problems have already been addressed weeks/months ago and are all going to be a part of the upcoming changes to the series.

Re: Sexual Harassment at the SSC

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:28 pm
by PHOENIXZERO
I'd hope so because these first eight (and I'm betting the ninth too) completely miss the aspect of a family, or even grand kids and their grand parents sitting together for an hour to watch a fun show. I was calling people uptight about a lot of this stuff but even I'm tired of it now, even if it fits in what's happening and is relevant. Honestly, this isn't, as it stands now, that I'd want to be even in the same room with watching with anyone. Even more so if it were a group of friends who I could easily see it being an hour long mocking.

Young boys, teens or whatever should be into the show because of the action, which includes the awesome car and the fun. Not for some cheap chance of seeing some boobage or other T&A, if they really wanted to do that, the internet is already there for it. The original series had a little something for all age groups and a few female friendly episodes and didn't depend on it as much as this. I wouldn't care if it was once in awhile because I couldn't hate seeing Deanna Russo or Smith Cho in a bikini sometimes as long as they don't make too big a deal out of it But it's been so many episodes with T&A and sex talk and situations just shows that they're clearly pushing it waaaaaay too much and just resorting to it out of a lack of creativity or maybe even talent. Look at "I Wanna Rock and Roll All Knight", the episode wasn't centered around the mission, it was centered around Mike and Sarah needing to get their rocks off but not having the opportunity or privacy to do it. That's not real tension and that's not clever.

This isn't the 80s anymore (thankfully) but I'm sure there's some people out there with some taste and standards. I really do hope the retooling changes things but I'm still going to be keeping my expectations low. I watch TV for entertainment, much of the time where I can shut my brain off for an hour, just escape and have a little fun, but even with my brain firmly in the "Off" position, they're still insulting what little intelligence I have left.

Re: Sexual Harassment at the SSC

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:50 pm
by knightprobe89
i totally agree with you guys, very well said. things need to change and quick, kr08 is an insult to the original series and to true fans of the original series. :evil:

Re: Sexual Harassment at the SSC

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:43 am
by PHOENIXZERO
I'm pretty much tired of defending the choices that have been made by the people in charge, though that doesn't mean that I still won't roll my eyes are the clowns who say it sucks without explaining why it does or want a carbon copy of the original series or think they can do better and precede to write bad fan fiction.. I feel kind of sorry for the cast having this on their resume with how it's turned out so far. I dunno how much faith I really have in the retooling if the same people and Ford are in power. But we shall see next year..