"remote Kitt"

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

"remote Kitt"

Post by pheonix_knight » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:32 pm

I remember reading that original 'attack Kitt' was auctioned off for charity but I dont think we've seen the 'remote Kitt' since the series started.

It should definitely make an appearance.

Question....

How expensive is it to adapt a mustang to be remote controlled and how robust are the electronics involved....

What i'm getting at is

COULD THEY SEND A REMOTE KITT UP A RAMP TO DO A LIVE ACTION TURBO BOOST?? (im not suggesting sending a shelby gt500kr up a ramp, only a lightened 'shell....' which could be maintained more cheaply...)

Stuntman Lee
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: "remote Kitt"

Post by Stuntman Lee » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:58 pm

They could in my opinon. I've mentioned the same idea on here before.

I don't know about costing as such, but I assume jumping a fake Mustang would be cheaper than a real one. And it would certainly look better! It worked ok in the original series.
Love child of The Hoff.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:26 pm

maybe the just dont have the funding........like maybe in season 2 they will get better funding because tehy made it to a 2nd season
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:36 pm

If they are that strapped for cash...Why not employ the technique the original series used...Do the stunts with models...We get our stunts and they save money....
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:17 pm

My_Friend_KITT wrote:If they are that strapped for cash...Why not employ the technique the original series used...Do the stunts with models...We get our stunts and they save money....
I thought that was 'later' seasons not S1????

I like the new show and the chemistry of MK jnr and Ki3t (IMO) IS spot on

However, I maintain that KOTP is by far a superior piece of narrative AND action than anything we've seen so far such as, talking car, auto cruise, turbo boost, ski mode, oil slick, smoke screen, AI humour and bonding with it's driver amongst other apects missing not only from the Feb pilot AND the first Ep of the Series but ALSO from the Series itself when these things should already be established.

I understand GST wanted to incorporate the 'learning' aspect and i'm not knocking that, It kinda makes sense in a way because KI2T was already 'online' way before being put into the car that became the 'Knight 2000' whereas Ki3t is new.

I AM a fan of the new show's potential, please don't get me wrong

Glissard
Recruit

Post by Glissard » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:09 am

I think KR08 could use one of these. If it works for V Dub, it might work for KITT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48CsfoRihqg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:47 am

Wow!So it is the VARR...Volkswagon Automated Roving Robot...I love how they had a guy sit in just in case it would go rogue :twisted:
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:38 pm

i think that the models would look better also, because in conjunction with CGI, they could probably be made to look even better.