Glen Larson Executive Producer???

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Ontario Knight
Operative

Glen Larson Executive Producer???

Post by Ontario Knight » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:26 am

OK I have been watching this show intently and one of the things that I see is Glen A. Larson executive producer..Well here is my question, if he is a producer how much input does he really have with the new Knight Rider. As we know the ratings aren't as good as they could be as the potential of the show really hasn't come out..Having said that wouldn't you think that getting Larsons input on the show would be a resource that GST should be using to boost ratings..I know that this would be a slower ratings progression then let say having the Hoff back or some guest stars that would give you a ratings boost..But over the long haul doesn't it make sense to have great script writting to draw the audience. Just a thought what do you think???

As for one pet peeve about this show, I hate the camera cinematography. Its like the camera switches angles way to much and too fast especially looking at the car, it comes up when the car is coming into the SSC..I liked the way you see the old car and the camera stays on KI2T for about 5 seconds or so, it really brings the car out as being a part of the show, and not just a device or backdrop of the show..KITT is the show never forget that....Hope our listening GST....

BTW if GST reads these get some music that the 30-49 year olds can relate to on the show with KITT driving like you did in episode Knight of the Iguana. Not saying old music all the time but your losing the demographic, some Eagles, or other pop culture music once in a while would be nice, so the 30-49 year old viewers can go back to a time and as Ben Silverman says "a show for a release from reality"...

OK I have vented enough...LOL

:kitt:

LeslieGruffod
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Glen Larson Executive Producer???

Post by LeslieGruffod » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:01 am

I suspect the title is merely complimentary. Much line Gene Roddenberry's "Executive Consultant" title was in the Star Trek features after The Motion Picture, of which he had no input, but PLENTY of notes and suggestions that nearly all got ignored. The only thing I recall he fought for and won in the movies, was that in the 6th film they had Saavik be the traitor on board the Enterprise, and changed it due to his protests to Kim Cattrall's character.

I suspect this title for the new show, is just honouring him as a creator and doing the polite thing. I bet he has zero input or power.

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:14 am

I read somewhere that it is some sort of legal issue. Since the show is based on Knight Rider that was developed by Glen Larsen they have to mention him as executive producer, if he wants it or not. And this does not mean he has anything to do with the new show.
But since I can't remember where I read this and I have no prove that this is true, I can only offer this as a possible reason.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:25 am

Glen Larson has nothing to do with this show. He's mearly listed as ex. producer because he created the original, so he gets paid for just because it has the Knight Rider logo.....
He was the ex. producer of TKR aswell, which he aso had nothing to do with.....

And the thing is, just cause GST is the show runner doesnt mean he controls everything, There are alot of people involved in making a show run. He may not have anything to do with the music. We know he controls the VFX to an extent. He doesnt direct every episode, nor does he write him. I guess because he's show-runner and one of the ex. producers, and because his name's been attached to the show since before the show even aired, you all feel like you should blame him. The truth is, NBC has to yes to everything before they can put it on air. An example: A Hard Day's Knight....Gary had some dark and informative things planned out for that episode, but NBC made him change them. God know what GST has had us store for this whole time but NBC made him change things.....

Think about that,,,,
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:27 am

They're supposed to give him a chance to decide whether he wants his name attached or not by supplying a copy of the script or something like that. They didn't do that in the backdoor pilot, which caused a bit of a legal mess. But it got resolved and his name is on the new show as if he didn't he probably wouldn't get paid and he still has family and ex-wives to think about, heh. But no, he has no input and I think it might be a considered a conflict of interest if he did at this point.

GST has people to answer to sure, but at the end of the day he's the guy that's out there front and center. He's like a manager of a baseball team in some aspects.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

LeslieGruffod
Rookie

Post by LeslieGruffod » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:50 pm

Which one was a Hard Days Knight? There are so many titles with the word Knight in it, I can't remember them by title only? And what was the dark thing planned? I remember two really good ones: the racing/desert episode, and the one with Mike undercover with the MI6 agent. If it was either of those, they both worked very well anyway.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:06 pm

The one where he was poisoned and was supposed to have flashbacks that are shown on the KIR site.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

LeslieGruffod
Rookie

Post by LeslieGruffod » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:10 pm

Thanks. I thought that was a pretty good one. Will have to check out the flashbacks to see whether they would have improved the episode or not. Something was missing. I think it was Mike hitting the guy at the end, and Carrie saving the day took some of the thrill from the ending.

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:53 pm

As for one pet peeve about this show, I hate the camera cinematography. Its like the camera switches angles way to much and too fast especially looking at the car, it comes up when the car is coming into the SSC.
In reference to the camera angles,"It's all apart of "Ford's Very Obvious & Annoying Advertising" to convince everyone watching to "buy a Ford". That's one of my observations.
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"

Ontario Knight
Operative

Post by Ontario Knight » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:37 pm

Stealthwalker wrote:
As for one pet peeve about this show, I hate the camera cinematography. Its like the camera switches angles way to much and too fast especially looking at the car, it comes up when the car is coming into the SSC.
In reference to the camera angles,"It's all apart of "Ford's Very Obvious & Annoying Advertising" to convince everyone watching to "buy a Ford". That's one of my observations.
Well thank god I don't suffer from epilepsy, I would have a seizure..Hope no one get offended by that comment... :kitt:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:23 pm

I haven't had seizures in years but I agree, quick cuts suck but unfortunately that seems to be one of the "in things" these days.. Can't shoot something exciting so you need to rely on it to try (and usually fail) at making something look more exciting than it actually is.