Graimen to reveal next generation KITT?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITT Season 4
Rookie

Re: Graimen to reveal next generation KITT?

Post by KITT Season 4 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:51 pm

Anyone notice in the KRO news section in Ford releases 2010 Mustang says the 2010 Poses as kitt
Will this update find its way onto the body of KITT? The only thing we know for sure is how hot this looks. Check out Jalopnik's post with alot more photos.

It turns out that tomorrow's episode Knight of the Zodiac will have the new 2010 Mustang appear, this from an official Ford release:

The iconic American muscle car, which has outsold all competitors for more than 20 years, will make its TV debut on the Nov. 19 episode of NBC's "Knight Rider," which stars the Shelby GT500KR as the new version of KITT. The program airs at 8 p.m. EST on Wednesdays.

"We're delighted to bring the 2010 Mustang to prime time on NBC's 'Knight Rider,' " said Mustang brand manager Fritz Wilke. "With the Shelby GT500KR already showcased as the new KITT, it's a perfect match."

The 2010 Mustang will be seen in the episode "Knight of the Zodiac" inside the Satellite Surveillance Chamber, also known as the SSC or "KITT Cave." The 2010 Mustang poses as KITT during an inspection and impresses everyone.

During the shooting, the show's production crew maintained strict secrecy about the yet-to-be-revealed Mustang.

"The 2010 Mustang arrived in a truck which was backed into the stage. The car was unloaded, undercover and kept covered until we shot. Limited cast and crew were allowed on set. The moment we finished shooting the car was covered back up and put back in the truck and disappeared," said Gary Scott Thompson, executive producer, "Knight Rider."
I wonder how they did this, since that episode was supposed to air last week but with the Obama ad it got delayed.

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by neps » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:05 pm

They were able to do this cause there is one episode that was shot before Knight of the Zodiac that has yet to air called Knight Fever. Fever has been pushed around with scheduling so they just swapped with Zodiac so it could still line up for the unveiling.

Luis
Rookie

Post by Luis » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:27 pm

I hate to be annoying... But I called it.

Neps, remember that chat session about 2 weeks ago?

:)

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:53 pm

David Whiteheart wrote:Oh please, KITT is GREEN! He gets 160 mpg according to the 2 hour movie before the series started. How about KITT as a new Dodge Challenger with the biggest gas gussling hemi Dodge has? That'd really piss them off then. This going green crap is getting out of hand. If the PC wussy crowd gets it's hands on KITT it WILL KILL the show. The planet will be here long after we are gone.
Agreed there.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:18 am

I honestly thought that was just the current generation Mustang in red. Is 2010 the start of a whole new generation or just a tweak to the existing one? I guess I should start researching, huh?

Stupid, but I'd thought I'd mention it. I was at Toys R Us this weekend and saw a Matchbox car labeled "Mustang prototype" that has a sleek 80s Firebird/2008 Mustang love child look to it. It even had the long 80s Firebird style tailights and T-tops. Anyone know anything about this car?
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:21 pm

2010 is a tweak of the current design. It looks slightly more streamlined in the front but it is quite similar to the current model for the most part.