K.I.F.T.

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Dukeboy320
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

K.I.F.T.

Post by Dukeboy320 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:36 pm

can someone give me more info on this car?? this is all i can find

http://www.knightfoundation.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Re: K.I.F.T.

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:32 pm

KIFT was a car from a movie that is taken out of the Knight Rider 2008 story line,which happens to be the 1991 film Knight Rider 2000.
http://knightriderarchive.com/ has some information about KIFT in the Knight Rider 2000 section.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Phils
Stranger

Post by Phils » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:57 am

Guys,

Any Idea, why have they not continued with K.I.F.T, Four Thousand has to be more advanced than 3 thousand...

What have they done with the Four Thousand Car??? In the movie Knight Rider 2000, KITT was disassembled and parts were sold, are these the same parts seen in the Pilot movie of 2008, where KI3T is introduced???

What happened to KI2T? Are they planning to show KI2T back??? In the Red Car??? David needs to make a come back to make the new series happening...

What I did not follow, is how has Mike Traccer lost his past memory, I read it in one of the episodes...

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:22 am

The Knight 4000 had no potential. It was a heavily modified Dodge that should look like a Pontiac banshee, since pontiac didn't want to be part of the show.
It's ironic to see that the Knight 4000 suffered the same problems the Knight 3000 is suffering now. There were a lot of high tech computer gadgets in it, VR screen, micro jam, boat-mode, but there were no real action sequences. No turbo boost, ski-mode, crashes...
that's because the car wasn't able to do those stunts, because of the modified body (it would fall apart when turbo boosting through a wall). It looked always a little cheap.

I guess the mustang could do those stunts, but since it is soooo expensive (well it has to be a 500KR :roll: ) I guess we won't really see those action scenes.

But for the new series, KIFT would not really be an option.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:14 am

If there's one thing to really be thankful for it's that KR2000 is not apart of the this show's continuity so the events in it have nothing to do with the new series. All the Knight 4000 was, was a Dodge Stealth dressed up, looking like a Banshee knock off.

You'd think that with this new show they could at least take some notes on the original series and how stunts were done. It's not like they'd have to smash up a $80,000 car to do them but apparently they haven't figured that out. Surely their budget can't be so low that the only way anything gets done is in the "Attack Mode" with the dressed up GTs. :roll:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

V8 Interceptor
Volunteer

Post by V8 Interceptor » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:31 pm

It did (KIFT) make a small appearance as a show car that was stolen in the made for tv movie CHiPs '99 which aired on TNT (Turner Network Television) back on October 28, 1998, the show was a reunion of the the CHiPs cast (Ponch, Jon, etc.) and sort of a remake of the original pilot episode.

Ads for CHiPs '99 (unfortunatly no KIFT):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhIpVVJ7 ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpzn4aeR ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I am the Knight Rider, I'm a fuel injected suicide machine, I'm a rocker, I'm a roller, I'm a outacontroller I AM A KNIGHT RIDER BABY!"

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:37 am

check out this link from knight rider 2000 online, it will show you how they built the knight 4000 and give you other intresting facts about the car. http://www.kr2k.com/bts1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
in glen larson we trust.