Nielson Ratings for "I Wanna Rock & Roll All Knight"

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Re: Nielson Ratings for "I Wanna Rock & Roll All Knight"

Post by Kram061-1 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:32 am

hopefully the reboot of knight rider has a lot of stunts and they do turbo boost and they change the steering wheel and dash and bring hasselhoff in as a regular, that might be the only thing that saves the show.
That only maybe saves the show now.....

Now this announcement about a so-called "reboot" for KR '08...scary, but very interesting and promising. KI3T may be fast, but if Mike doesn't throw it into Super Pursuit mode soon, there'll be no escaping the angry TV exec's big red button marked "CANCEL."
That's what the "C" Button in KI3T will stand for.

I don't care HOW many episodes NBC orders, if the show don't step it up a (few) notche(s), it won't last past Thanksgiving.
It's too bad. Show had alot of potential. :cry:

March2875
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by March2875 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:45 am

It would be nice to know the quarter hour breakdown of the Knight of the Living Dead episode. Id be curious to see if the unveiling of the KARR storyline offended KR fans enough that they tuned out at that exact moment with no plans of returning. Causing the ratings to tank. The final number is an average of all the quarter hours. If we started with our average 7 Million viewers and upon seeing that KARR was a new KARR they tuned out in droves this might be our explanation right there. Mike Pajaro you seemed to be able to get ahold of them the first couple of weeks cause you said something about how the audience grew. Can you find the quarters for that one?

mykittcar
Rookie

Post by mykittcar » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:05 am

hello

The Nielson Ratings are base on a device that that you can sing up to have that monitors your watching habits and rate the shows you watch and polls them its a program that you can sing up for so those people watch it like 7 mill viewers that how many people or more that are in the program but what about people that are NOT in that program I bet you are more than that watch it you cant rely on just the one rating polls that out there. That's why NBC added a full schedule to Knight rider because the get their info from other Resources and polls to judge it NOT only the Nielson Rateings

That's that for Ratings

I like the episode,to much mushy or sexual stuff in this series and they need to get back to the real action .I love that super bee i am a mopar person its a ashamed they crashed it .And the bomb trick was original like TOS. I fell if they need to get rid of ssc and get back to what the TOS was. Micheal was always out there and from time to time he need the the mobile unit for repairs but that it. he stayed at hotels and where ever his assignments was lets get back to that and the show will do better .

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:10 am

I don't care HOW many episodes NBC orders, if the show don't step it up a (few) notche(s), it won't last past Thanksgiving.
The season is confirmed and by Thanksgiving, they should be shooting 17 or so. No show's taken off-air like that. Worst-case-scenario, it'll either end up in a ridiculous time slot, or they'll pull it off-air and and play it in two or three days back-to-back. But ratings aren't that bad, yet anyway, I don't see what exactly NBC has to put on Wednesday evenings that could perform all that better than Knight Rider, given the competition.

Truth be told, I don't see the show getting a second season, as things stand now, but it's still too early. No reason to panic.

KnightIndustriesTT
Rookie

Post by KnightIndustriesTT » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:00 pm

mykittcar wrote:hello

The Nielson Ratings are base on a device that that you can sing up to have that monitors your watching habits and rate the shows you watch and polls them its a program that you can sing up for so those people watch it like 7 mill viewers that how many people or more that are in the program but what about people that are NOT in that program I bet you are more than that watch it you cant rely on just the one rating polls that out there. That's why NBC added a full schedule to Knight rider because the get their info from other Resources and polls to judge it NOT only the Nielson Rateings

That's that for Ratings

I like the episode,to much mushy or sexual stuff in this series and they need to get back to the real action .I love that super bee i am a mopar person its a ashamed they crashed it .And the bomb trick was original like TOS. I fell if they need to get rid of ssc and get back to what the TOS was. Micheal was always out there and from time to time he need the the mobile unit for repairs but that it. he stayed at hotels and where ever his assignments was lets get back to that and the show will do better .
I agree,the ratings system is pure crap. There are tons of scifi fans on the web and I've never heard a single one of them claim to be one of the people with a monitor box. Scifi shows always get the short end of the stick because ratings wise the people with the boxes are always the people who watch more "mainstream" entertainment. It always feels like EVERY SINGLE scifi show is walking a tight rope...

They need to stay on location with minimal communication once a mission starts, the constant "back to the SCC" and major screentime in the SCC all the time even when Mike and KITT are in the field makes every mission feel like they are two feet from home base and so far this season the best moments have been when Mike and KITT are more or less on their own, same as in the old show, it's much more tense when when they are vulnerable together and backup is a few hours away.

RobWolf
Rookie

Post by RobWolf » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:54 pm

Sue wrote:
neps wrote:We did do better than last week, although not by much. We beat the Univision show that won last week - so thats a plus. Also - America's next top model beat us in the m/f 18-49 demo - but I'm sure we still did well in the male demo which we had been doing all along.
Still - they leave something to be desired. Here is a chart of the viewers to date.
Now put another line in there for number of turbo boosts per episode I'd like to analyze the direct correlation :mrgreen:
Personally, I'd like to see if there's any direct correlation with the amount of screen time that the RC3 Twins get in each episode......

RobWolf
Rookie

Post by RobWolf » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:17 pm

March2875 wrote:It would be nice to know the quarter hour breakdown of the Knight of the Living Dead episode. Id be curious to see if the unveiling of the KARR storyline offended KR fans enough that they tuned out at that exact moment with no plans of returning. Causing the ratings to tank. The final number is an average of all the quarter hours. If we started with our average 7 Million viewers and upon seeing that KARR was a new KARR they tuned out in droves this might be our explanation right there. Mike Pajaro you seemed to be able to get ahold of them the first couple of weeks cause you said something about how the audience grew. Can you find the quarters for that one?
I'm assuming that specifically you mean were they offended by the unveiling of KAAR as some 'Johnny Five from Hell'; personally, as someone who likes the old show, I was really pleased to finally get some KARR plot. I don't like that new design, but then again given all the OTT transformations etc that this show has foisted on us, the change from car to beserk robot did not surprise me in the slightest.

Seriously, all this talk of reboots etc....what was so wrong with a guy and a high-tech talking car, driving around the scenic bits of the US, solving crimes, being transported in a semi-truck, with the guy who runs the show and the female mechanic, having a nice country house as the HQ, except brought-up to date and with better effects? What was so wrong with that??

And I still miss him taking into his watch. Earpiece my a**hole!

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:47 pm

What was so wrong with that??
It was 26 years ago.

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:36 pm

cloudkitt wrote:
Stealthwalker wrote:Hey don't blame "Obama" :evil:
Yes, blame him. I'm not talking about political allegiances. But you can't tell me the subsequent drop in ratings isn't at least partially related. If McCain or anyone else had done the same thing, we could blame them, but they didn't Obama did, so we can blame him.

I'm a fan of both "TOS & KR08" like you & everyone else here, but I'm sorry, I think that "Obam'a's time" was more important because it's all now apart of history & who's to say how the episode would've done, if it had premiered on the night it was supposed to. On the real, "KR08" has support from us & etc., but it's facing a tough crowd..........
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:51 pm

The Nielson Ratings are base on a device that that you can sing up to have that monitors your watching habits and rate the shows you watch and polls them
I wonder if, nowadays, they take the time to check out internet sites which provide the show. Maybe they check in to how many hits these, and NBC's, websites have.

LMolineuxLM1
Volunteer

Post by LMolineuxLM1 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:24 pm

I started to get board with the eps. I the last 2 eps. thought that we could see an upswing, the only upswing in the last ep. was the bomb part, finally something good out of the TOS line, but seriously Its giving me an Ill feeling and not much to be desired, it seems like they have run out of ideas or story lines, so they stick this sex crap in there and also the betting thing sucks they need to AXE that hardcore, and also ALLOW MICHAEL and KITT FREEDOM meaning ALOT LESS SPYING ON THEM WHILE THEY ARE OUT ON THE ROAD. Yes The Obama thing damnwell killed the momentum Knight Rider had going as it is a sorta brand new show, people often get turned off in the cases of breaks in the shows weekly views in the new show line, they need to retool and get back to the TOS style stuff. Stop going back to the damn BAT Cave its so annoying, show some fricken action for a change like crashes through some walls or finally get into some mischief like the original Michael would get into and KITT has to figure it out to get him out of it instead of the SCC. This SCC/FBI combination is also sucking and it needs to part and bring back the ORIGINAL FLAG or try to recreate it instead of this crap they have now. There is TOO-Many people involved in this show and some need to be cut out get back to basics. In the TOS you barely ever heard or saw anyone else in the background or behind the scenes getting inlvoved as much as ZOE and Billy, Those 2 or one of them has to go, and i think its BILLY he plain out sucks royally and gets his ass kicked all the time by ZOE. And Michael needs to either finally have it handed to him by Sarah meaning either they finally hookup and be a couple or PART. I will give it a few more eps. then I might have to step back and just hold onto the TOS only and give this show the boot. Hated to say that but its hurting me also its killed my feelings and its like an open wound, Stop alot of this Morphing crap also thats gotta go at least to the truck and van those two need to seriously go. Now that NBC owns The Weather Channel or known to some as the SOCCER MOMS Channel give some time of Giving commericals to TWC and use TWC as a jumping point, Like have it sponsor some Local Forecasts and such especially if KITT is going GREEN and so is TWC this week why not jump it into that gear and use it as some advertising and promoting it to pull the raitings back-up. Just do something and forword this to NBC do something instead of just doing nothing.