So what happens to Graiman?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightriderfan80
Recruit

So what happens to Graiman?

Post by knightriderfan80 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:03 pm

After episode 13? I figured he would be one of the cast who would stay and be the "devon-like" character.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: So what happens to Graiman?

Post by Sue » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:27 pm

Here is some speculation...
viewtopic.php?f=1046&t=12805&p=151621#p151621" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

ToddMichael
Stranger

Post by ToddMichael » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:15 pm

So I'm unclear on what exactly is going on with the three cast members who are being cut from the show for the back nine. It sounds to me from the press release that all we are being told is that their contract is not being renewed, which means they are no longer going to be considered "regular cast members". But doesnt this mean they could easily be recurring guest stars as warranted by the show? I mean, getting rid of Carrie is a no brainer, since so far she has been irrelevant to the show (no offense intended here) and Alex Torres hasnt been an especially impressive character, but it makes sense for them to have some sort of "boss" character in place, unless Billy and Zoe are going o be calling all the shots on their missions from here on - which seems unlikely. So isn't there some chance that Graiman (or even Alex) could just appear occasionally as needed for story purposes, and be not around when not needed?

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:27 pm

I know it's rumor and conjecture but maybe that's going to be Hasselhoff's role in the future. Graiman has really grown on me as a nice replacement Devon so why he goes and those annoying geeks Billy and Zoe get to stay is beyond me. the speculation hinted above makes sense. I don't see him willingly stepping down since KITT 3K is as much his kid as Sarah is. Makes since for the real Michael Knight to step up to help put things together a' la KR2000 (only on the condition that KITT be brought back, of course!).
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

Samborghini
Rookie

Post by Samborghini » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:13 am

I always thought Doctor Graiman was the new Devon Miles, I actually quite liked his character.

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:57 pm

Maybe they had get rid of three salaries to pay Hasselhoff :kittconv:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:15 am

dag268 wrote:Maybe they had get rid off three salaries to pay Hasselhoff :kittconv:
A TV show isn't going to lay off three regulars to bring in one guest star. Sadly I think it was NBC's budget cutbacks that forced them to let them go. I think they just decided when life gives you lemons to make lemonade. They could both cut their budget and bring the show back to focus on the one man storyline. All in all I think it will work out for the better.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:51 pm

I was being sarcastic. I still dont agree with getting rid of Davidson, unless of course its a trade for William Daniels.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:11 pm

dag268 wrote:I was being sarcastic. I still dont agree with getting rid of Davidson, unless of course its a trade for William Daniels.
Now that would be great...Hmm...How about KITT controlling FLAG? :D He could be a "Devon-like" role! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:51 pm

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote: Hmm...How about KITT controlling FLAG? :D He could be a "Devon-like" role! :D
3 Letters. T K R...

The most suitable (from a fan p/o/v) replacement for Graiman would of course be MK Snr as he was there at WK's bedside and was holding his hand as the legacy was bequeathed to him with the belief that "one man can make a difference...."

It would also provide a great new story arc between MK snr and jnr getting to know each other and their respective pasts and Garth Knight would most certainly resent his birth name being passed on to 'ANOTHER PRETENDER' acting on his father's legacy. I dont forsee Garth Knight's offspring caring too much as they never knew their grandfather so there's no point in MK jnr facing "GK jnr..." that would be too corny.

Of course there are scheduling problems in the real world of getting DH to reprise the role on a regular basis and of course the financial side of things.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:28 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:
Sky_Blue_Civic wrote: Hmm...How about KITT controlling FLAG? :D He could be a "Devon-like" role! :D
3 Letters. T K R...

The most suitable (from a fan p/o/v) replacement for Graiman would of course be MK Snr as he was there at WK's bedside and was holding his hand as the legacy was bequeathed to him with the belief that "one man can make a difference...."

It would also provide a great new story arc between MK snr and jnr getting to know each other and their respective pasts and Garth Knight would most certainly resent his birth name being passed on to 'ANOTHER PRETENDER' acting on his father's legacy. I dont forsee Garth Knight's offspring caring too much as they never knew their grandfather so there's no point in MK jnr facing "GK jnr..." that would be too corny.

Of course there are scheduling problems in the real world of getting DH to reprise the role on a regular basis and of course the financial side of things.
Just because the concept was used in TKR doesn't mean it's bad.Just keep him in his car body...*thinks of KA*But KA was a bad idea.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9