KR- new series...the pending return of KARR

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KR- new series...the pending return of KARR

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:30 pm

Okay true believers...are we about to see KARR as an android on wheels, soon as mentioned in the halloween episode just recently aired.....9 did we not not see Karr explode twice.... in two episodes.

what happens to continuity....?
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Re: KR- new series...the pending return of KARR

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:38 am

Hmmm? Well his AI Unit/CPU/Brain was still working at the end of KITT vs KARR so there's still an opening for him to explode again. :P
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:17 am

Do you think he'll get to say:

"I am the prototype of the Auto-cybernetic Roving Robot-exoskeleton of the future!"

? :)
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

J_Spaced
Recruit

Post by J_Spaced » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:53 am

T.A.H.O.E. wrote:what happens to continuity....?
Continuity is on holiday. He may not return in time for the episode, he's certainly not going to be back in time for the movie.

I was disappointed to see the images of KARR and the rather bizarre remodelled acronym.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Dr. Graiman: Hmm, I need to build a new prototype for my new KITT. I know, I'll call him KARR. I mean: what are the chances of THAT happening twice?
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Dr. Graiman some time later: Aw, dang!

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:35 pm

Ki3t and Ki2t are both based on the SAME AI system, just that Ki2t is an older model.

The essentials of HOW the processor works have not changed (much like in real life PC technology, its only that we're able to make things faster now but electronic principles still remain in terms memory and how its accessed etc).

KARR is STILL the prototype for both of these AI units.

If KARR thought Ki2t was "an inferior production line model" what will he make of Ki3t...?

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:44 pm

I hope not---tho I'd love to have KARR, I'D REPROGRAM HIM.....YET KEEP HIS DEMEANOR INTACT.
( apologies for the caps....finger slippage!)
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:09 pm

I didn't know where to post this so here looks good...

I was under the impression that there will be only one car involved in the KARR(e) episode. I believe that they will have an intruder place a portable storage device (like a Blackberry) onto KITT's hood and download KARR(e) into KITT. It may be someting like the Killer K.I.T.T. episode of TOS. KARR will kill Dr. Graiman first and then the rest.
All those splendidly done pics in KOTLD are just back story to build up anticpation. We may not have any action scenes at all.
I hope I'm wrong on this...
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:43 pm

My_Friend_KITT wrote:I didn't know where to post this so here looks good...

I was under the impression that there will be only one car involved in the KARR(e) episode. I believe that they will have an intruder place a portable storage device (like a Blackberry) onto KITT's hood and download KARR(e) into KITT. It may be someting like the Killer K.I.T.T. episode of TOS. KARR will kill Dr. Graiman first and then the rest.
All those splendidly done pics in KOTLD are just back story to build up anticpation. We may not have any action scenes at all.

From what little is available about the episode you are correct. There is no confirmed KITT VS KARR showdown. That would probably drain the budget for several episodes, at least if they planned on using the robotic form of KARR for a significant amount of time. I suspect we will see KARR reactivated in the backup neural network that is connected to the KITT Cave mainframe before almost getting transferred to KITT when Mike saves the day.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:25 pm

yeah, probably won't be KITT vs KARR, only KITT or KARR.......that's the only real way to take any excitement out of the show and make it a cheap remade version of TOS.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:09 am

Oh how I would love a Mustang GT500KR car chase scene. The KITT and KARR chase scenes were one of the best scenes in TOS.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Yetiii98
Recruit

Post by Yetiii98 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:20 pm

Lexicon wrote:
My_Friend_KITT wrote:I didn't know where to post this so here looks good...

From what little is available about the episode you are correct. There is no confirmed KITT VS KARR showdown. That would probably drain the budget for several episodes, at least if they planned on using the robotic form of KARR for a significant amount of time. I suspect we will see KARR reactivated in the backup neural network that is connected to the KITT Cave mainframe before almost getting transferred to KITT when Mike saves the day.
What if KARR is stopped from taking full control of KITT, but his A.I. is now some kind of virus like software, maybe similar to SKYNET. Could allow for him to escape and hide and be used maybe at a later date etc, if handled right this could be something that could be used again and again, although if not handled right it could alienate soem of the TOS fans and look a lil stupid, not just for my lil idea but the whole KITT & KARR kind of storyline.

Also agree, A sweet Mustang chase scene would look kick ass!!!!

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:34 pm

Yetiii98 wrote:A sweet Mustang chase scene would look kick ass!!!!
It definitely would! :good:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:12 pm

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:
Yetiii98 wrote:A sweet Mustang chase scene would look kick ass!!!!
It definitely would! :good:
The only thing is -- they had way more Trans Ams in TOS to use than they do Mustangs for KR08. Not sure if they have enough cars to stage a really good chase between 2 of them.
There ain't no E in Garth, damn it.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:57 pm

The only thing is -- they had way more Trans Ams in TOS to use than they do Mustangs for KR08. Not sure if they have enough cars to stage a really good chase between 2 of them.
they haven't even had a relatively-decent chase scene with 1 Mustang yet, why would we expect 2 of them in a chase scene?