Mike Traceur to Michael Knight

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

EdwardKnoxII
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Mike Traceur to Michael Knight

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:18 pm

Ok this is about when they faked Mike Traceur's death and he became Michael Knight. Now back in '82 when his dad got shot they changed his face but, when they faked Mike's death they didn't do anything to make him different. I think it didn't make any sense for them to fake Mike's death, play it on the news and do nothing to make him look different when Mike doesn't remember HUGE parts of his past and that would hurt him when he meets someone from his past that he doesn't remember or if he winds up helping a friend from his past as we've seen from the first 2 eps after his "death".

Now in Viper when they made Michael Payton into Joe Astor after wiping his memory they cut his cut, made him clean shaving, and changed the color of his eyes. In other words they at least made an effort to change his look in case he meets someone from his past.

Now what they should have done with Mike was have the ep flash foward a month later were Mike has grown his hair out long and now has a gotee and has dyed his hair a different color. You know something. So. what do you think?
Last edited by EdwardKnoxII on Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Mike Traceur to Michael Knight

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:25 pm

You would think they could at least done something to make Justin look a little different, even just a tiny bit so people wouldn't immediately recognize him... But alas...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:34 pm

EdwardKnoxII wrote:Ok this about when they faked Mike Traceur's death and he became Michael Knight. Now back in '82 when his dad got shot they changed his face but, when they faked Mike's death they didn't do anything to make him different. I think it didn't make any sense for them to fake Mike's death, play it on the news and do nothing to make him look different when Mike doesn't remember HUGE parts of his past and that would hurt him when he meets someone from his past that he doesn't remember or if he winds up helping a friend from his past as we've seen from the first 2 eps after his "death".

Now in Viper when they made Michael Payton into Joe Astor after wiping his memory they cut his cut, made him clean shaving, and changed the color of his eyes. In other words they at least made an effort to change his look in case he meets someone from his past.

Now what they should have done with Mike was have the ep flash foward a month later were Mike has grown his hair out long and now has a gotee and has dyed his hair a different color. You know something. So. what do you think?
Oh, definitely agree wholeheartedly. The problem is, the first episode tried so hard to cram so much action and information into it, that a KEY STORY POINT (A.K.A. the ENTIRE launching pad of the original series) was swept under the rug in two minutes (not unlike the entire plot for the ’70s The Incredible Hulk being explained in the opening credits of the 2008 film of the same name.

No offense to Gary Scott Thompson, but I do believe this is sloppy writing. Things like this need to be given their proper time. Super-hero movie franchises are burdened with the origin story for their first film; this new series should have at least re-created the original pilot to properly show the transition of Mike Traceur to Michael Knight. Wanting to "do our own thing" has resulted in a plot point that doesn't make any sense. It's like, "Ehhh, we can't call this 'Knight Rider' without having the main character's name as 'Knight,' so, uhhh, have him die again and we'll call him 'Knight' and let's just move onto what we really want to do with this series."
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:29 am

I agree with you LostKnight. They tried too hard.
And GST still has a lot to learn about the fanbase he brings from TOS.
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:31 pm

I think that Mike's death should've been faked in the pilot instead, that way there would been a better establishment in continuity from the pilot into the series & it would been a tremendous nod to TOS :good: !!!!!!!
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"

Kittsdriver91
Volunteer

Post by Kittsdriver91 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:16 pm

I do agree with this but why did the producers could done this like the TOS and do include it in the storyline but the way they fake tracuer's death was not the best idea in this series they are going to some who will know him. :|

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:06 pm

Knight Rider “08” Reboot

As we know NBC is planning a “reboot” of Knight Rider at Episodes 10-11. Producers have said they are returning the show to its roots. I would like to believe this is due in part to the discussion we have here.

They apparently are removing the FBI involvement in FLAG from the equation, and Dr. Graimen. Let me say I am sorry to see the actor’s lose work, although I never understood their roles from the beginning, I do not want to see anyone lose work.

That being said, this is forum I graciously provided for us to share our common passion for characters most of us probably grew up with, and have spent a quarter of a century relating, enjoying, and in some cases, I am sure, mimicking.

It is difficult to accept change, but for the most part I think everyone likes the new K.I.T.T., and Michael Knight Jr. Sarah, Billy and Zoe.

I know for me it was difficult adjustment to see KITT transform into a pickup truck, then a police car. But Now I actually enjoy it, and in retrospect I guess “Attack Mode” isn’t to different from “Super Pursuit Mode”

Now.The "REBOOT" I am wondering if teyare planning yet a third pilot where they repeat the events of Micheal Longs death with Mike Tracuer. Then he becomes Michael Knight Jr. ( A Man who does not exist) and Billy and Zoe end up running FLAG??

NAHHHH
What ever they are going to do I cant wait to see it.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:50 pm

Now I enjoy Sarah in a bikini as much as the next guy (and after watching this weeks episode would love to spar off against her), but it seems that most of the episodes are spent worrying about whether or not Billy and Zoe are going to kiss and the sexual tension between Traceur and Sarah. Subtle and important plot elements are taking a serious back seat to that non-sense. I look forward to this reboot as it seems to be addressing all my major concerns. This really hit me when in episode 2 Mike runs right into a former Army buddy. Don't you think that would seriously jeopardize the integrity of the project and overall scope of the new Foundation? How many times did Michael have to pretend he didn't know past acquaintances in TOS? He finally tried to get back with Stevie when he was ready to leave the Foundation for good.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:06 pm

In TOS we had the 'will they, won't they' tension with Michael and Bonnie.

The new incarnation has elements of that but displayed in a different way.

That's my view any way...

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:13 pm

I'll have to agree about the suggested sexuality. It's not a prudish point of view on my part, but when too much time is spent flaunting the actors' flesh to take up story time as there was in this episode, I think it's a problem. It also doesn't look like it will be toned down in the next episode, either.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: