Knight of the Living Dead: Homage to the TOS

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

coach41
Recruit

Knight of the Living Dead: Homage to the TOS

Post by coach41 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:51 am

Hi all,

After getting a chance to think about this week's episode, I think it paid a LOT of homage to the original series:

I think tonight's episode was probably meant for last week right? It was a Halloween themed episode that I presumed got preempted by our new president's speech. In any case, folks may remember that Season 3 of the original Knight Rider air the "Halloween Knight" episode right before Halloween.

When it was revealed that Zoe had an "imposter", did anyone think of the tradition of "evil twins" in KR? The obvious ones are Garthe Knight and KARR. But let's not forget that Devon's face was "copied" and someone took his identity (Knight of the Juugernaught). The doctor (with the good looking blonde niece) from the "Goliath Returns" also had his face copied. Funny that at the end, the Zoe imposter also had reconstructive surgery as well.

Speaking of KARR, who can forget that "KITT vs KARR" aired the week after "Halloween Knight?" So, while I don't think KARR is returning next week, the heavy mention of KARR tonight was slick and also makes up for it.

Unfortunately, I didn't record the episode, so I'll have to watch it again next time to see if I missed anything.

As far as the "new" KARR goes, I don't know where the producers are going with it. There seems to be hints that there is knowledge about KARR that certain people don't want to reveal. That might give the producers some wiggle room to play with the origins of KARR.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight of the Living Dead: Homage to the TOS

Post by BlueChaos » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:07 am

Great analysis. Here's hoping a good fight between KITT and KARR real soon... and the return of the Hoff and KI2T!
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

gotigers1
Rookie

Post by gotigers1 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:19 am

Did anyone see the KNIGHT license plate on KITT this week while on the plane?

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:39 am

gotigers1 wrote:Did anyone see the KNIGHT license plate on KITT this week while on the plane?
Yup, you all have good eyes!
viewtopic.php?f=1047&t=12857&st=0&sk=t& ... 75#p152442" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:34 pm

As far as the number plate goes, Ki3t always seems to have KR in the middle of whatever plate he is showing when away from KR facilities (which is the only time now that we see KR or 'KNIGHT' as the plate.

if Ki3t was going to take the 'halloween ethos' to heart (or processor if you will...) then surely a 'dead car' would have been more appropriate...

perhaps a 'capri' or something... (thats from a UK p/o/v and accepting the Ford influence but im sure there are better US 1970's or before examples...)

TallSox08
Volunteer

Post by TallSox08 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:16 am

People have mentioned in other threads about a desire for ski mode to return...after watching the episode a second time on hulu there was a brief mention of ski mode when KITT was starting up to stop rolling backwards. I'm sure Sue can find a screenshot of that one too :)

J_Spaced
Recruit

Post by J_Spaced » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:36 am

pheonix_knight wrote:if Ki3t was going to take the 'halloween ethos' to heart (or processor if you will...) then surely a 'dead car' would have been more appropriate...
If you take a look at the "Knight Writers" blog on NBC they say that KITT is in fact a pink highlighted mustang for the "Warriors in Pink" Breast Cancer awareness. But yes, something spookier perhaps? But then we'd have got the Munster's car, or a Hearse and there's not much room in that screenshot above!

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:10 pm

TallSox08 wrote:People have mentioned in other threads about a desire for ski mode to return...after watching the episode a second time on hulu there was a brief mention of ski mode when KITT was starting up to stop rolling backwards. I'm sure Sue can find a screenshot of that one too :)
It's around 12:50 I think... or better yet, here it is.
Attachments
KITT-skimode.jpg
KITT-skimode.jpg (32.46 KiB) Viewed 13658 times
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:39 am

BlueChaos wrote:Great analysis. Here's hoping a good fight between KITT and KARR real soon... and the return of the Hoff and KI2T!
Well to be honest the prototype diagram in this episode was far scarier than KARR in fact it looked more like an early version of a freaking terminator! :shock: I would not want to come face to face with that.

In regards to the TOS KITT as I said many times before the AI operating system might still be around but doubtful in the same shape and form we knew back then. Is simply not feasible to upgrade antiquated hardware (noticed I said hardware) such as KR2000 anymore than you would keep a darn commodore 64 today.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:58 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
BlueChaos wrote:Great analysis. Here's hoping a good fight between KITT and KARR real soon... and the return of the Hoff and KI2T!
Well to be honest the prototype diagram in this episode was far scarier than KARR in fact it looked more like an early version of a freaking terminator! :shock: I would not want to come face to face with that.

In regards to the TOS KITT as I said many times before the AI operating system might still be around but doubtful in the same shape and form we knew back then. Is simply not feasible to upgrade antiquated hardware (noticed I said hardware) such as KR2000 anymore than you would keep a darn commodore 64 today.
i may get mad at you for your pointless screaming at times, but you're one of the 3 here at KRO that shares my views.....

oh, plus i agree completely....
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:56 am

While I agree, the thing is that we're clearly not deal with the real world, nor the logic of it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

coach41
Recruit

Post by coach41 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:31 am

C'mon now, I never had a Commodore 64, but my Apple II (not in great shape) is still around the house somewhere.

In fact, I run my old Apple II stuff on a emulator these days on my Windows PC. :)

The old KARR is just another background process in the new KARR(E) :D

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:36 pm

coach41 wrote:C'mon now, I never had a Commodore 64, but my Apple II (not in great shape) is still around the house somewhere.

In fact, I run my old Apple II stuff on a emulator these days on my Windows PC. :)

The old KARR is just another background process in the new KARR(E) :D
You said it yourself you got an emulator not the actual Apple II. As I said KITT 2000 the AI is probably still very much around in a similar fashion in some other hardware shape or form, maybe M.K Sr's watch? Who knows...

archive77
Stranger

Post by archive77 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:52 am

I didnt like the screen shot of KARR, Ideally I think instead of a mustang he would look great in the Camero Concept car. I have a pict but dont know how to load it Im new here. :?

Knightfan82
Rookie

Post by Knightfan82 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:33 am

archive77 wrote:I didnt like the screen shot of KARR, Ideally I think instead of a mustang he would look great in the Camero Concept car. I have a pict but dont know how to load it Im new here. :?

The Camero Concept is a good choice but that car wont be in production until 2012 (At least I think so).

8) You want to wait that long to see KITT vs KARR v2? I think not!