New *Spoiler* Sucks

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

Locked
User avatar
Judd
Operative
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:10 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Groton, NY

New *Spoiler* Sucks

Post by Judd » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:54 pm

I mean seriously it does. There was no reason to bring back a different version of KARR. I get the feeling they are pretty much ignoring the original mythology. I wouldn't mind a few changes but when a memorable and beloved character like KARR is brought back and we discover it's something entirely new, it's a cheat.

The backstory for the new KARR is already convoluted. It's a cyborg/AI/transforming robot-huh? I have no idea how they hope to bring it to screen on a TV budget without it looking like crap.

The original KARR worked so well because it was simple but yet a well developed character which many fans would like to see again. I'm not sure what the new production team were thinking when they came up with this concept.

I think the new KARR sucks. I do like the new series though I just think the original KARR would haved worked better than this new concept they came up with which already seems unecessarily complicated.

User avatar
Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 8:17 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Hanging out with KITT in SPARTA!

New *Spoiler* Sucks

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:40 am

Maybe they're going to have connections with the new and original KARR.Or,they might have put original KARR in a robot body.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

User avatar
PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2363
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:20 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: MI

New *Spoiler* Sucks

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:30 am

I've done my share of ranting on this but it seems possible, though it would be a rather dumb move on Charles's part since he should know what KARR did beforehand, why use the same AI? KITT did say that there might be much about KARR that he doesn't have access to, so there might still be some hope there...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

User avatar
krfan1
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: New *Spoiler* Sucks

Post by krfan1 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:23 am

I disagree. Just because KARR's AI was last seen by us in the desert doesn't mean it was left there (there have been countless fanfics on this). I would guess that KARR was recovered, and an attempt to reprogram him was made (since he was now immobile), and the new events in KR08 occurred.

As Transformer-like as it seems, I think it's very plausible for the KR world. If you were a government that had an AI like KARR, and nanotechnology, it would be the ultimate weapon.

Can't wait to see what happens!
--krfan1

T5x_Prototype
Volunteer
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:52 pm

Re: New *Spoiler* Sucks

Post by T5x_Prototype » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:30 am

Judd wrote:I mean seriously it does. There was no reason to bring back a different version of KARR. I get the feeling they are pretty much ignoring the original mythology. I wouldn't mind a few changes but when a memorable and beloved character like KARR is brought back and we discover it's something entirely new, it's a cheat.


I think i have to agree there. I guess we'd have to wait and see if this version of KARR has any link to the original version. If it doesn't link to the original it would just be stupid & wierd. Imagine you create KARR, then oops, we made a mistake... Mistake corrected K2TT... then oops KARR 2 ....Mistake corrected K3TT.

User avatar
Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 12:29 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Sweden

Re: New *Spoiler* Sucks

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:16 am

Imagine you create KARR, then oops, we made a mistake... Mistake corrected K2TT... then oops KARR 2 ....Mistake corrected K3TT.


Stand by for Karr 3 and Ki4t! :lol:
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

User avatar
BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:07 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Knight Research Mobile Rig (KRMR)

Re: New *Spoiler* Sucks

Post by BlueChaos » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:04 am

Blueprints don't do KARR justice. Just reserve your judgments until we finally see him On-Screen.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:17 pm

Re: New *Spoiler* Sucks

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:57 am

KARR, the vehicle was destroyed, the AI was still active at the end of KvK

It ISNT Graiman who is installing Karr in the new vehicle...

Im sticking with the idea that Ki3t's learning is going to prove dangerous to the Government high ups responsible for KITT project and thats the reason Ki3t is removed...

Graiman WANTS ki3t to learn to help Mike uncover his past.

User avatar
Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 12:29 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Sweden

Re: New *Spoiler* Sucks

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:56 pm

Graiman WANTS ki3t to learn to help Mike uncover his past.


Just to make sure that we're on the same page here, why exactly does Graiman want Ki3t to help Mike reveal his past?

And how come Karr is now a cybernetic orb or whatever when he was left with nothing but a processor in the desert?

I mean, I do get the fact that he's not a car at this point since the whole vehicle was destroyed in KvK but how come he's a robot?

Im sticking with the idea that Ki3t's learning is going to prove dangerous to the Government high ups responsible for KITT project and thats the reason Ki3t is removed...


Maybe, but the fact that he's a cybernetic orb tells me that there is a possibility for him to transform into an evil Mustang, hence the blueprints Ki3t presented on that screen to Mike in the airplaine.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

User avatar
goldbug
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 492
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:31 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: A world where criminals operate above the law

Re: New *Spoiler* Sucks

Post by goldbug » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:17 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:Just to make sure that we're on the same page here, why exactly does Graiman want Ki3t to help Mike reveal his past?


In the premiere episode, it shows that Charles knows what Torres did to Mike and that he knows once Mike finds out, he won't be happy. This indicates that Charles empathizes more with Mike than Torres in this and probably wants to work on ways to help him.

Let's also assume that Mike's memories are tied to KARR. He would see KARR as a personal failing and something he is responsible for. By extension, that means he might be responsible for Mike's memory loss. If that's the case, then it could be his own guilt at work as well.

Knight-Armen wrote:And how come Karr is now a cybernetic orb or whatever when he was left with nothing but a processor in the desert?

Actually, they didn't show KARR's CPU, just schematics of a body we haven't seen in 3D yet. Who knows what his voice box will look like (or if he'll even have one and not a fully functional robot head?).

Knight-Armen wrote:I mean, I do get the fact that he's not a car at this point since the whole vehicle was destroyed in KvK but how come he's a robot?

Looking over the screen caps of the exo-skeleton, I think he's actually both. It appears he has a dune buggy type mode and then can rise up into a robotic exo-skeleton. The more I look at the caps, the more I like it. He's like a cross between GunHED and an Exo-Squad E-frame.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

User avatar
Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 12:29 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Sweden

Re: New *Spoiler* Sucks

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:45 pm

Thanks goldbug! That explains a lot :D
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

User avatar
Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:55 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Hengelo, The Netherlands

Re: New *Spoiler* Sucks

Post by Solid Snake » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:08 pm

Also remember, KI3T said his prototype KARR... let us call it KARR 2.0 for the ease of reference. KARR 1.0 was Ki2Ts' prototype... this KARR 2.0 can not be the same one as KARR 1.0... i think... because KI3T is a different entity than KI2T so KARR 2.0 must be a an all new character too??? LOL Ehmm yes when I had the theory in my head it made more sense... I would have preferred KARR 2.0 being an auto mobile though... but we will see I guess.

Good episode though, light and easy to watch.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

T5x_Prototype
Volunteer
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:52 pm

Re: New *Spoiler* Sucks

Post by T5x_Prototype » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:40 pm

Solid Snake wrote:KI3T said his prototype KARR... let us call it KARR 2.0 for the ease of reference. KARR 1.0 was Ki2Ts' prototype... this KARR 2.0 can not be the same one as KARR 1.0... i think... because KI3T is a different entity than KI2T so KARR 2.0 must be a an all new character too???

:good: this is all so mind boggling, yet at the same time, its hard to believe that one man can make the same mistake twice.

User avatar
jimknight
Rookie
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:30 pm

Re: New *Spoiler* Sucks

Post by jimknight » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:50 pm

can i just ask if charles created KITT then did he also created the original KARR as well,

i know its a silly question but wanted to be clear

User avatar
My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:59 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Here...always here.

Re: New *Spoiler* Sucks

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:53 pm

I tend to agree with another poster who said that KARR(E) may have been taken and commissioned by the gov't and when it went haywire on them they brought in Charles to solve the problem. He may have no notion of it prior to that.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

User avatar
Radicalas
Operative
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 1:35 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Europe, Lithuania, Utena

Re: New *Spoiler* Sucks

Post by Radicalas » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:00 pm

Speaking about KARR-E, as someone named it, KITT clearly says KARR, not KARR-E. I think, that this robot is old KARR. They wouldn't do the same mistake two times and even name it by the same name, as many of us already said. He's just in another form. I'm sure it's old KARR.

User avatar
KITT Season 4
Rookie
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:53 pm

Re: New *Spoiler* Sucks

Post by KITT Season 4 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:03 pm

Im hoping hes a car later on, more transformer-ish, i mean if they had said that is this episode, we wouldnt all be so confused. And i did notice that one of the first pctures on KARR KITT shows is of a mustang. but KITT however said that KARR wasnt. This means three things
1 KITT was misinformed about the KARR not being a mustang, and hes a mix or Car/Cyborg
2 that picture accidently slipped in there
3 KARR used to be housed in the Knight 3000 before the robot thing

User avatar
NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 2:36 pm

Re: New *Spoiler* Sucks

Post by NeoRanger » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:09 pm

Actually I have this theory that the new KARR is really a robot that seeks revenge on the world, when it was left to starve and sink in unemployed, when his original show "Mac and C.H.E.E.S.E." was canceled. It's rumored he has a strange affection for actor Matt LeBlanc. He seeks revenge for "Joey".

Speaking about KARR-E, as someone named it, KITT clearly says KARR, not KARR-E.

In all seriousness, it could always be just KARRE. In which case, the E sound could be left unpronounced.

Vette
Volunteer
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:14 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Australia

Re: New *Spoiler* Sucks

Post by Vette » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:45 pm

i agree with all sentiments

these guys are gradually piece by piece destroying all the original scripts and creating their own fantasy non-sense

how can KARR be transformer --for farks sake!

Stick to the original plot lines...im not much into this sci-fi nonsense

this sentiments KI3T had last night remininsing the past --what past???
the episodes are only 6...and already he is missing Mike?? come on..

anyway i still tune in..in the hope the writers read our thoughts...

User avatar
daroga
Rookie
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:51 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Southeast Wisconsin or Northeast Ohio
Contact:

Re: New *Spoiler* Sucks

Post by daroga » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:40 pm

I've been curious about all the moaning about this since last night. There was nothing to indicate this isn't the original KARR. In fact, there's every reason to believe it is the original.

1. KI3T didn't have all the information on KARR. A very obvious "INSERT ORIGIN STORY HERE" moment.
2. KARR's body was destroyed, but the CPU was seemingly still working. That could easily have been scopped up and installed into a variety of machines, from cars, to weapons, to robots, etc. People who didn't understand the prime directive issue between KI2T and KARR might have seen KARR as a "quick and dirty" option for AI in their new projects. Obviosuly, from the info KI3T did seem to have, it's still going as poorly as it did in the 80s.
3. Graiman, likely being involved in both KI2T and KARR, would know the lasting impact of his mistakes even as KARR's CPU is plucked from one use to another, causing disaster each time. He was pretty upset about it all, which to me seems to indicate one mistake that's gone on for a long time because other people won't listen to him and finally destroy such a valuable piece of AI.

Can anyone clearly tell me why people are upset? I no doubt missed something in the episode that everyone else caught, but it sure doesn't seem logical to me that they're just completely destroying the whole mythos here (or at least making the people involved supremely stupid).

Slayer2004
Volunteer
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:51 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: New *Spoiler* Sucks

Post by Slayer2004 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:11 pm

I have to agree, what is with the big thing about being negative about something changing, if u hate change that much I have a few options for everyone.

1. Don't watch the show, u wont have anything to moan about.
2. If u hate change so much, go and buy the originals and watch those instead

People need to get over the fact that KITT or KARR are auto mobiles, that is not the case and never has been. The Car is just a shell that the AI is housed in, and done so for better manuverability and I wouls assume one of the ebst for assimalating into the world. KARR is rogue and people that would want him woulnt care, no KARR for that matter, what he looked like. KARR will try topreserve himself however possible and an endo skeletal structure, allowing better control over keeping himself functional is probably a good step. But at no point has anyone said he isnt the original. He just has the ability to learn and also self program which means he is more susceptable to change. I mean seriously, how many years have passed and people still expect him to roll up in an 80's tranny.

The other side is that Pontiac stopped them using the name Trans-Am if u remember and maybe will not allow it to be used in the series, may not even be something that Ford has stipulated.

Anyway thats my rant, sorry to bore anyone lol
Slayer2004 - Life, an infinate energy beyond scientific understanding....

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:17 pm

Re: New *Spoiler* Sucks

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:12 pm

I've not seen the new episode but people in this thread seem insistent that KARR be a 1980's Trans Am (ignoring the abbreviated version as it sounds a little controversial for a family show)

The T/A WAS DESTROYED. End of story... at least as far as KARR was concerned. The AI was left intact.

Having not seen the new ep (yet) but also based on my take on the 08 pilot and TOS pilot Graiman, created Ki2t, Wilton was responsible for KARR which can be supported by the fact his health was too poor to be still working...

If the new ep says otherwise, it would be a MAJOR stretch...

User avatar
PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2363
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:20 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: MI

Re: New *Spoiler* Sucks

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:14 pm

I don't see any mention of KARR being a Trans-Am here except in the last two posts. Though it did bug me with showing a wire frame side view of the Mustang instead of something that could've at least resembled a TA. It's the fact that apparently they've gone and either used the name for an entirely new AI without any mention of KARR being the original KITT's prototype and no mention of anything to do with the original series. Like they're reusing the name for another AI with the same stupid mistake made, which doesn't make sense that one would make that mistake again. Hopefully GST was just being vague since there was info KITT didn't know, part of which may be KARR's true origin. We'll find out in episode 13....
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Locked