Disappointed

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Casper55
Stranger

Disappointed

Post by Casper55 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:08 pm

I have to say i am a little disappointed about the new series, Is there anything this new K.I.T.T. cant do, First he could change colour at a drop of a hat, Now he can change into a pickup truck and moonlights as a submarine when the need takes him.

The original K.I.T.T. was advanced sure but all in told he remained a car.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Disappointed

Post by cloudkitt » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:56 pm

It's funny you should say that. Frankly I think the exact opposite is true. This KITT doesn't seem to be able to do nearly as much as the old KITT.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:02 pm

I'm actually excited by the possiblities of what KITT can do. It is fun to think of who or what he can be. Granted he hasn't changed color since the BDP, I really like the transformations.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

fredrik40
Volunteer

Post by fredrik40 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:54 pm

Well think about it, in the 80:s KITT could do things that was impossible, but today we can have for example a GPS, which no one considered every mans property in the 80:s or even possible to have this advanced. To get this new show on the run they have to make the car do things that is impossible today, like transform into police car or a pickup.

I think that when the show aired in the 80:s many people thought that it was a very unrealistic series. I don´t say that in 20 years we can transform our low ride cars to pickups or vans but some functions the new KITT have that isn´t possible today might be possible in 20 years.

Then again we all know that many things that we use every day has been inspired from tv-series or movies. At least every thing that has been invented started out as a dream or a thought. Somebody might just get interrested in developing nano-technology because of watching this new show.

Could I possible have right in something here?

Allthough when I first saw the transformers look to transform I thought it was a bit surrealistic but when I thought about this i realised that people might have thought the same on the 80:s.

Otherwise I think this show is very good!
K.I.T.T. in Knight Sting: "I'm not a tomato on wheels, I'm the Knight Industries Two Thousand"

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:31 pm

I'd say the new K.I.T.T. is a mixture of being both more advanced, yet still being a drawback to the Knight 2000 in a couple of ways. In other words, the Knight 3000 isn't necessarily better, just different. With the 2000, we had an indestructible but recognizable vehicle, and with the 3000 we have a destructible but camouflagable vehicle. It then becomes a question of if it's better to be armored or camouflaged. Sometimes when there's a new version of a given device, the upgrade has flaws that the previous version never had, despite being better in other ways. So if you think about it, it's actually consistent with the way technology is in real-life.

I'm not a fan so far of the Knight 3000 becoming damaged in mid-transformations, though. I think it's a little too early in the series for K.I.T.T. to get that damaged that quickly, especially in situations that could have been avoided, like the mid-air transformations, which seemed a little contrived to me.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:09 pm

speaking of mid air transformations, @ comic con didn't GST say that the car would jump so much we would get sick of seeing it jump? I thought I had heard that, BUT I have only seen 2 car jumps so far,

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:53 pm

Still waiting for that big ass spoiler to do something also, be it either changing height or acting as an air brake.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:55 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:speaking of mid air transformations, @ comic con didn't GST say that the car would jump so much we would get sick of seeing it jump? I thought I had heard that, BUT I have only seen 2 car jumps so far,
And so far,I wanna see KI3T jumpImage

ImageTurbo Boost plz!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

steventje
Volunteer

Post by steventje » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:14 am

I am disappointed in the way that:
1. KITT and Michael are being watched 24/7. No privacy and no more Michael KITT buddy talk.
2. There is too many CGI, not to mention the blue and green screen. Is it so hard to put a camera in and out the car and shoot the scene?
3. There are too many people. Billy, Zoe, do we need them? Relationship Michael Sarah? They should stick with the concept, a man and his car.
4. Michael and KITT are used as an anti-terrorist group. Where are the good old days that Michael and Kitt were sent on a mission to save innocent people.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:38 am

1. KITT and Michael are being watched 24/7. No privacy and no more Michael KITT buddy talk.
2. There is too many CGI, not to mention the blue and green screen. Is it so hard to put a camera in and out the car and shoot the scene?
3. There are too many people. Billy, Zoe, do we need them? Relationship Michael Sarah? They should stick with the concept, a man and his car.
4. Michael and KITT are used as an anti-terrorist group. Where are the good old days that Michael and Kitt were sent on a mission to save innocent people.
I second that!

Besides, apart from the points you've just made wouldn't it be more credible if Ki3t was able to jump in normal mode instead of attack mode (without injuring himself)?

I mean, it's like having Ki2t to jump whilist in Super Pursuit Mode! Not very realistic... :roll:
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

steventje
Volunteer

Post by steventje » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:17 am

Knight-Armen wrote:
I second that!

Besides, apart from the points you've just made wouldn't it be more credible if Ki3t was able to jump in normal mode instead of attack mode (without injuring himself)?

I mean, it's like having Ki2t to jump whilist in Super Pursuit Mode! Not very realistic... :roll:
It would be better if KI3T could jump without undergoing some kind of tranformation (maybe a Turbo boost button) but it does not bother me.

Neither does it bother me that KI3T looks completely different then KI2T.

I also liked in TOS when Michael says: C' mon buddy, give it all you got !!! (and meanwhile Michael is pushing some 3-4 buttons in 1 sec and then KI2T jumps :)))

As I said before I am more disappointed in the points I mentioned before.

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:31 am

steventje wrote:4. Michael and KITT are used as an anti-terrorist group. Where are the good old days that Michael and Kitt were sent on a mission to save innocent people.
Considering terrorists generally try to hurt innocent people, I'd say that's exactly what Mike and KITT are doing.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

youbelong
Rookie

Post by youbelong » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:03 am

steventje wrote:I am disappointed in the way that:
i agree with you buddy this version is very bad and i dont like the love romance between sarah and mike i nedd to see mike & kitt alone :good: :good: