What if the next season the into has voice intro?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knight56
Rookie

What if the next season the into has voice intro?

Post by knight56 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:02 pm

What if on the next season the intro to the show has a voice intro?? :D Think about the the first KR from the 80s did not have a voice intro until the next season right?? :lol:

jimknight
Rookie

Re: What if the next season the into has voice intro?

Post by jimknight » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:06 pm

i think it was just the episode dangerous maneuvers that didnt have the voiceover in the first series

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:05 pm

Im pretty sur KOTP and deadly manuvers were the only episodes not to ahve the voice, but if season two does I wonder who will do the voice, As nice as it may be I dont see them useing the origial. On top of that they would have to reword it. Its no longer the innocent, helpless, or the powerless. Its all about the military and weapons.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:50 pm

dag268 wrote:Its no longer the innocent, helpless, or the powerless. Its all about the military and weapons.
If memory serves, it was Richard Baseheart (AKA Wilton Knight) who did the v/o even though his character was no longer with us...

I dont think the new series would suit a v/o to be perfectly honest.

The ONLY way it could 'kinda' work is to have DH on board and for him to do the v/o but it would end up sounding like the intro from "hart to hart" (another 80's detective show...)

Unless...

They do something slightly different and do the v/o from Ki3t's perspective, explaining HIS relationships with the characters (as a season 2 idea he could also express what he's learnt about their personalities...)

On a sidetracked note, I have to say I REALLY like the Val Kilmer v/o work as its developing in the series, its SO not ki2t but an entirely new bond with his driver and the transition from 'stand alone' eps to the 'season storyline arcs' is progressing SOOOOO nicely...

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:08 am

Show's don't really have voice intros anymore...last one I can think of were the early seasons of JAG. (Also the last good series on TV, coincidence? :P)
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:28 am

pheonix_knight wrote:They do something slightly different and do the v/o from Ki3t's perspective, explaining HIS relationships with the characters (as a season 2 idea he could also express what he's learnt about their personalities...)
It would be awesome if KITT or KI3T did the Voice Over in the intro. :good:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Kitzira
Operative

Post by Kitzira » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:45 am

cloudkitt wrote:Show's don't really have voice intros anymore...last one I can think of were the early seasons of JAG. (Also the last good series on TV, coincidence? :P)
Yea, the fact that a show has an intro means it's super new and can't fill the 45min slot.

Where as shows like Desperate Housewives & Grey's Anatomy had their artsy intros cut short... and then into quick little logo flashes. Heck, Heroes' never had one I think, just an eclipse logo. (wth was up with the eclipse anyways?)

Do you want more intro and less show? Or more show and less intro. There's only 45ish mins to fill up these days.
Read KR Fanfiction and Post your own at http://www.knightfic.com

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:38 am

pheonix_knight wrote:The ONLY way it could 'kinda' work is to have DH on board and for him to do the v/o but it would end up sounding like the intro from "hart to hart" (another 80's detective show...)
"This is my boss, Michael Knight, a self-made Gulf War vet, he's quite a guy. This is Sarah G, she's goigeous. She's one lady who knows how to take care of herself. By the way my name is KITT. I take care of both of them, which ain't easy cause when they met it was MOIDER..."

:lol:

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:34 am

Well honestly I don't think we will have to worry about a 2nd season. I think nbc ordered the 4 scripts to make a full season dvd set to sell. I am starting to dig KR especially after the last episode but I can't honestly say I see it sticking around.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:07 am

The four scripts was an interim move, but now NBC has ordered a full back nine pickup, for a total of 22 eps this year. Anything can happen at this point.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:44 pm

trissybabes wrote:
pheonix_knight wrote:The ONLY way it could 'kinda' work is to have DH on board and for him to do the v/o but it would end up sounding like the intro from "hart to hart" (another 80's detective show...)
"This is my boss, Michael Knight, a self-made Gulf War vet, he's quite a guy. This is Sarah G, she's goigeous. She's one lady who knows how to take care of herself. By the way my name is KITT. I take care of both of them, which ain't easy cause when they met it was MOIDER..."

:lol:
That was funny! :lol: But I think it would be awesome of KI3T did the voice over for the intro. :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Stuntman Lee
Rookie

Post by Stuntman Lee » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:39 pm

Kitzira wrote:
cloudkitt wrote:Show's don't really have voice intros anymore...last one I can think of were the early seasons of JAG. (Also the last good series on TV, coincidence? :P)
Yea, the fact that a show has an intro means it's super new and can't fill the 45min slot.

Where as shows like Desperate Housewives & Grey's Anatomy had their artsy intros cut short... and then into quick little logo flashes. Heck, Heroes' never had one I think, just an eclipse logo. (wth was up with the eclipse anyways?)

Do you want more intro and less show? Or more show and less intro. There's only 45ish mins to fill up these days.
Yeah but if you think about it a great intro sets you up for the episode. Going back to the 80's shows like Knight Rider, The A-Team and The Dukes Of Hazzard were brilliantly done and were part of the show.

Besides, Desperate Housewives & Grey's Anatomy are hardly worth getting excited about.
Love child of The Hoff.

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:19 pm

Sounds to me, Devon, like you don't have a lotta faith in the new KR. It's still getting better, and could really
take off. If ppl would stop hatin on it, they might see it's got somethin to offer. We may see several seasons
of KR. As for a v.o., I'm not really sure this series needs it. Not that it would lose anything, just may not be
neccessary.

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:27 pm

nah, I got faith but I don't think the general public has got faith in it. Their has been 2 episodes that I thought were good. I gotta call it how I see it.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:16 pm

Knight94 wrote:Sounds to me, Devon, like you don't have a lotta faith in the new KR. It's still getting better, and could really
take off. If ppl would stop hatin on it, they might see it's got somethin to offer. We may see several seasons
of KR. As for a v.o., I'm not really sure this series needs it. Not that it would lose anything, just may not be
neccessary.
Oh Really?

This new version still stinks badly, nothing good about this thing.

rhdaussiekitt
FLAG Recruit

Post by rhdaussiekitt » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:19 pm

as an fan of the old series and and a growing fan of the new series, I don't think the new one needs an voice over in the intro, what I wouldn't mind maybe some how is pics of the people or main characters in the show in the intro..
don't know how they would do that though
--knightman--