Overnight Nielsons for Knight of the Hunter

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Overnight Nielsons for Knight of the Hunter

Post by neps » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:58 am

Looks like a 4.3/7 for last night (which follows a 4.5/7, 4.6/7, 4.9/8 in other weeks). But I'm betting that's mostly cause of baseball.

http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... /823107861" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NBC’s troubles continue, meanwhile, care of Knight Rider (#3: 4.3/ 7), Deal or No Deal (#4: season low 4.5/ 7) and Lipstick Jungle (#3: 3.4/ 6). That’s right…only a 4.5 rating for Deal or No Deal, but keep in mind that it did face game one of The World Series. Wasn’t it painful watching last night’s contestant squander his potential winnings? As for Knight Rider, if NBC was in better shape chances are it would not have seen a full season renewal.
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2008/10/23/ea ... s-not/6708" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NBC didn’t have a great night, though Knight Rider did narrowly do better than PD with a 4.3/7. And Deal or No Deal had a season-low 4.5/7. Lipstick Jungle? More people see Brooke Shields in her Volkswagen commercials.

gotigers1
Rookie

Re: Overnight Nielsons for Knight of the Hunter

Post by gotigers1 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:07 am

What were the rating for the World Series? Did it have any play on KR ratings? I knew I was flipping to see what was going on with the game last night during all the shows I watched.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:15 am

World Series got a 10.4/17

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:16 am

Not so good. When we see KITT in 4x4, ratings falls. Is it just coincidence?

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:18 am

There are a lot of shows on TV, so I STILL do not understand why a show that consistently gets 2nd and 3rd place would be canceled if "NBC was in better shape."

How many shows are on at any given time? Do they really get canceled if they aren't #1?
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:06 pm

Oh well, at least we're sure we will have a full season of Knight Rider this year. May the ratings grow next time.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:31 pm

To be perfectly honest, it doesn't surprise me that the show is still getting slated by the media, because at the moment it's "the thing to do," and as such, everyone wants their fifteen minutes of Knight Rider slapping fame.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:36 pm

Matthew wrote:To be perfectly honest, it doesn't surprise me that the show is still getting slated by the media, because at the moment it's "the thing to do," and as such, everyone wants their fifteen minutes of Knight Rider slapping fame.
Matt
Agreed. It's become fashionable to even slam KR in articles that have nothing to DO with KR. It feels like if anyone discusses the new fall season, somewhere in there has to be a snarky remark about KR.

As for the ratings, honestly that's better than I expected. I personally know quite a few people who watched the World Series instead of KR, and frankly that's fair. This ep will probably repeat some time soon, and you can watch it online. The World Series is one of those "one time" events that you watch unfold like history. I suspect in 2 weeks the ratings will pick back up.

I also doubt KR was the only show affected by the World Series.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:38 pm

Or the show might actually be up by a similar percentage from other NBC shows from last year. Whether they like it or not, even if the ratings haven't been "spectacular" they're not all that far out of line to other shows on NBC. Plus the ratings have been stable, unlike Bionic Woman which crashed and burned, losing viewers every week. With the competition of the World Series, being down about 400,000 viewers is not all that bad in the least.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:47 pm

my question is, and this is directed to Neil,
since the show has been given a full season, do the week to week ratings even matter now?
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:34 pm

Of course, if the bottom drops out they can still pull the show at any time. Plus it'd kill and chance for a second season.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

TheGHOSTMAN 007
Recruit

Post by TheGHOSTMAN 007 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:51 pm

I am very pleased with the ratings for this episode. There has only been 1 episode so far that dropped below 7 million viewers. I thought that with the world series on, this would be the second episode to drop below but it still had over 7.2 million. The show has constantly done better than other shows including Pushing Daisies, Terminator and Chuck. I have never watched PD, but it gets good reviews and I really enjoy Terminator and Chuck, yet Knight Rider has beaten these shows every week and it is still put down by the general media/public.

I think the numbers that KR pulls in should please NBC as it shows there is a loyal fan base of 7+ million viewers. NBC should also consider the DVD/Blu-Ray sales of the season sets which I am sure will sell well.

I hope this new Knight Rider will continue for multiple seasons to come, especially if future episodes are of the same quality as "Knight of the Hunter".

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:29 pm

Matthew wrote:To be perfectly honest, it doesn't surprise me that the show is still getting slated by the media, because at the moment it's "the thing to do," and as such, everyone wants their fifteen minutes of Knight Rider slapping fame.

Matt
Very true indeed, but even when it's got it's fair share of knocks in the media, it's still getting alot of attention. And even bad press can be good press, it's gets the show plenty of attention and it goes to show that even the so called critics are watching.

:kitt: :karr:

calhoun24
Recruit

Post by calhoun24 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:30 pm

Agreed. And we have to give them credit. They are going up against the World Series. In three weeks, we'll just have to worry about the regular competition.
"One man can make a difference." - Wilton Knight
Long live Wilton's dream and F.L.A.G.!

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:37 am

It's the *World Series*!I have a feeling KR wasn't just the only show affected by it.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9