It's crazy, A bunch of KR2008 haters on aintitcool.com

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

3rings
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

It's crazy, A bunch of KR2008 haters on aintitcool.com

Post by 3rings » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:13 am

It's just so crazy how many people hate the new Knight rider. One of the guys over there on aint it cool news named Hercules who does internet news just hates the show and has others so mad that KR was picked up for a full season. In my opinion, I think KR2008 is a heck of a lot better than the other junk they have out on tv these days.

Anyways, I just hope we can prove those people wrong and keep this wonderful show lasting for quite a while.

What are your thoughts?

:kitt:

2knight
Rookie

Re: It's crazy, A bunch of KR2008 haters on aintitcool.com

Post by 2knight » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:26 am

It's certainly better than reality television!! That's one of the reasons I've tuned out the major network stations in recent years. But having Knight Rider back on gives me a reason to tune back in. :good:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:52 am

Who cares what they think?

Im still gonna enjoy it.

TheGHOSTMAN 007
Recruit

Post by TheGHOSTMAN 007 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:07 pm

I completely agree with everyone above. I have been really enjoying this new Knight Rider because it is a very entertaining show. I find some people are too harsh on it because it is not as serious as they may want it to be. I personally enjoy the show as I find it escapist fun, just like the original. I do not try to analyze every scene to see if it is possible/plausible. I just check reality at the door, sit back and enjoy a great action packed, entertaining hour of (in my opinion) great TV.

I do enjoy more complex/realistic shows but I find myself most excited when I watch Knight Rider. To me, it is just plain FUN to watch and that is why I enjoy it.

youbelong
Rookie

Post by youbelong » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:15 pm

for me because this show is not like the original series not good story not good action scenes & not chemistry between mike and kitt iam die hard fan of knight rider but 2008 version Disappointed me a lot i need more action scenes & stop the rediculous transformation mode and i want to see mike & kitt alone to fight big or small criminals above the law and i want to see a good & fun story :good: :good: :good: thats its knight rider

GNR2K6
Volunteer

Post by GNR2K6 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:45 pm

All of the above comments are correct. This show is better than a reality show and many of the other network shows competing against it. However it's also understandable that many people are bashing this show because they are comparing it to what they know and remember from the original. The fact is, this show so far at least does not yet measure up in many ways to it and alot of people are still angry. Hopefully now with a full season ahead it can fix some of the flaws with the show and continue to grow it's fan base. This show does seem to be improving, even if slowly, and still has much potential ahead. I hope it lasts and can find a way to win over the many still bitter diehard orginal fans that are not giving the show a chance.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:47 pm

Some people love it and some don't, what's the problem with that? This along with any other community is for us people to share our thoughts on whatever subject they intended it for. I've said this a thousand times, the old Knight Rider was the best TV show ever. I don't care if they bring hell on earth to make the new show better because in my opinion they've changed it too much for it to become as good as TOS. Having said that doesn't mean I'm a KR08 hater, it's still Knight Rider and I intend to watch it until they run out of business!
So far they've been trying to build up a suspention in the show which is good but soon I think they have to step it up a notch in order to become successful. It's not just about Mike and Kitt fighting crime together (and I keep saying this) but they need better stories and acting.

Don't turn your back on people with different opinions. They have equal rights to this forum as you have. Instead of nagging about haters doing this, haters saying that, try to discuss it and ask people why it's bad or why it's good and leave it at that!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:39 pm

The thing is, it's very "in" right now to be cynical. Just pick up a copy of "Entertainment Weekly" and read through it. The tone of the magazine is 90% snarkiness with a dab of reporting. Aintitcool's talk backs reflect this attitude. I've been reading AICN since 1999 or thereabouts and the talk backs have always been a place for people to bash everything in sight. It is exceedingly rare for anyone in those talk backs to say anything positive about anything. I've even seen a case or two when Aintitcool would announce a death of a celebrity where one of the mods would have to put a post in the talk backs to tell people to be respectful.

I was sad to read Hercules' opinion on the show, mainly because I agree with his reviews 95% of the time. However, it is a site that caters to its audience, so it knows that if mostly everyone is bashing KR, it can pretty much keep that up as long as it wants. It even had to take a pot shot at KR in its own announcement of the full season pick up. I quote "Despite horrible reviews and mediocre ratings, 4th-place NBC has extended fall's worst show to a full season." The fact is, the show has good (not fantastic, but good) ratings and they had to throw in a comment about it being this fall's "worst show" (clearly they don't watch some of the other dreck on the air right now). They can't just report the news in an objective manner, which is kind of sad, but it is what it is.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:46 pm

Everybody hates everything that isn't The Dark knight nowadays it seems. Almost every thread i read on every board other than this one, somebody has to put "Dark Knight Pwns" or something like that. It could be a totally unrelated story about like UFO's or something and somebody has to say something about it. To me while it was good i thought it was totally overrated!

TheGHOSTMAN 007
Recruit

Post by TheGHOSTMAN 007 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:58 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:Some people love it and some don't, what's the problem with that? This along with any other community is for us people to share our thoughts on whatever subject they intended it for. I've said this a thousand times, the old Knight Rider was the best TV show ever. I don't care if they bring hell on earth to make the new show better because in my opinion they've changed it too much for it to become as good as TOS. Having said that doesn't mean I'm a KR08 hater, it's still Knight Rider and I intend to watch it until they run out of business!
So far they've been trying to build up a suspention in the show which is good but soon I think they have to step it up a notch in order to become successful. It's not just about Mike and Kitt fighting crime together (and I keep saying this) but they need better stories and acting.

Don't turn your back on people with different opinions. They have equal rights to this forum as you have. Instead of nagging about haters doing this, haters saying that, try to discuss it and ask people why it's bad or why it's good and leave it at that!
Very well said! I agree with you almost 100%. I just find hate is a very harsh term. I believe that if you were a fan of the original (and I agree, best show ever) that you should be able to find something positive in the new series. At least enough to want it to succeed. I know there are many things that some people dislike, myself included, but I am trying to except them and I hope others can too.

Like I said in earlier posts, don't take this to mean that I don't think people should not voice there opinions. I actually think that is a great thing to do as it is a way for the series to potentially improve. Also I fully realize people who were never a fan of Knight Rider may hate this show just like I may hate some other show that other people think is great. In the end, it all comes down to personal taste. For my own personal tastes, this show is awesome.

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:14 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:Don't turn your back on people with different opinions. They have equal rights to this forum as you have.
I agree everyone has a right to have their own opinions, negative or positive. However, read some of these quotes from the AICN talk backs on Knight Rider (curses edited):

"Sh*t Rider is on and Journeyman is dead? Really? F*CK YOU"

"Enjoy 4th place NBC. You asshats will stay in last place until you wise up and sh*tcan that clueless f*ck Zucker."

"I just got sick to my stomach reading that. After NBC's new slate of shows this year they deserve to be on the same level with the CW. Disgusting."

"I'm glad we only get 13 episodes of Friday Night Lights that we can't even watch until January but we get 22 episodes of this abortion of a television program. I don't know if I'm more mad at the executives making decisions at NBC or the people that actually watch this."

"Yeah. This may or may not be one of the seven signs of the apocalypse. I mean, is anyone really watching this? Someone high up must be getting one hell of a blow job."

"...this show sucks chocolate salty balls."

Do these sound like people who are offering simple constructive criticism or even informed decisions or the rantings of a bunch of haters? I say the latter, but you be the judge.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:55 pm

Those sheeple over there hate everything the website hates and love everything it loves.
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:32 pm

Knight316 wrote:Everybody hates everything that isn't The Dark knight nowadays it seems. Almost every thread i read on every board other than this one, somebody has to put "Dark Knight Pwns" or something like that. It could be a totally unrelated story about like UFO's or something and somebody has to say something about it. To me while it was good i thought it was totally overrated!
I've seen hate on TDK but a lot of it is people trying to get a rise and attention out of others. Then there were those early reviews that didn't like it and they got jumped on by the loons. They were horribly written reviews but barely anyone who saw the movie did much of anything to constructively counter them.

I could have sworn I posted in this topic earlier... Hmm...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

TwilightPro101
Recruit

Post by TwilightPro101 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:28 am

weeezl wrote:Who cares what they think?

Im still gonna enjoy it.
Sums up how I feel.

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:25 pm

I Agree with the haters, this new version is a big dissappointment and a huge disgrace to the original.

FASTKNIGHT
Recruit

Post by FASTKNIGHT » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:29 pm

LONG LIVE KNIGHT RIDER :kitt:
1989 Pontiac Formula 5.7

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:01 am

Haters are a small, yet very vocal minority.
it's a matter of fact, that when people like something they don't go and tell everybody... they enjoy in silence, satisfied as they are. but when people are displeased they tend to complain very flashy and noisy!
that's why the mood on such message boards is seldom suggestive of the opinion of the general audience.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:37 am

Well, that explains why the excamationmarks are overused in those forums, hehe...
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:26 am

I believe the current trend is to bash the new Knight Rider...

Makes me wonder why the haters watch it then, they hate it but they still tune in, how stupid? Personally if I dont like a show I dont watch it, I certainly dont keep watching just so I can hate it more and then think its cool to post on blogs just how crap it is or how bad the acting is, I just wont watch it again...simple.

Part of me thinks some of the haters secretly like it and make all the pointless comments to hide up their real feelings :wink:

IMO, Im tired of all the reality shows, Csi's, drama's, you name it, theres way too many. Knight Rider is a refreshing change, I know it does'nt have a huge budget, I know the acting isnt Oscar worthy but they are working well with what they have. The VFX are accomplished and almost movie quality, the actors are getting more comfortable in their roles and it shows, the story lines are getting better and the show as a whole is improving each week.

GST and the crew seem to be finding their feet now and I believe this show will go from strength to strength. Its a fun show and does'nt pretend to be anything else IMO. I respect it for that and I'll be continuing to watch it each week with a smile on my face!

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:41 pm

Kaine wrote:Haters are a small, yet very vocal minority.
it's a matter of fact, that when people like something they don't go and tell everybody... they enjoy in silence, satisfied as they are. but when people are displeased they tend to complain very flashy and noisy!
that's why the mood on such message boards is seldom suggestive of the opinion of the general audience.
Ain't that the truth.

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:24 pm

Screw all those haters and they are just pure haters! I will keep watching this version of Knight Rider until it goes off the air....Hope it doesn't though :good: :kitt2: Initiating Trasnformation :mrgreen:
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:28 am

*?$#, autoblog is full of Knight Rider haters too. One of the site staff keeps a blog about the show, basically it's only to bash the show in every aspect of everything episode.