KNIGHT RIDER GETS A FULL SEASON!!!!!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

goldbug
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KNIGHT RIDER GETS A FULL SEASON!!!!!

Post by goldbug » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:06 am

NERD-GASM!!! :good: :P
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

youbelong
Rookie

Post by youbelong » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:03 am

Good news I hope that the producers go correct their errors and to return to the knight rider legacy one man and his super talking car fight the criminals above the law and please put sara out of kitt :good: :good: :good: :kitt: a one man can make a differece :kitt:

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:48 am

KARR's Fury wrote:My birthday's not in October, yet I get this wonderful news as a gift? :) Don't wanna push it, but hopefully more seasons to come
mine's in December so i feel your joy!

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:19 am

WOOO HOOO. I have been on pins and needles waiting for this great news. Now I can breath easy until April or May anyway. At least now we get the room for the series to find itself as well as give David Hasselhoff the opportunity to guest star. It would have been a shame for it to have been cancelled without him showing up.

I have been keeping track of all shows cancelled and picked up this season. It was quite a pleasure to add KR to the full season order list.

Here is the complete list so far that I have.

Full Season Order

Knight Rider (NBC)
90210 (CW)
Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles (Fox)
Fringe (Fox)
The Mentalist (CBS)

Cancellations

Do Not Disturb (Fox)
Opportunity Knocks Game Show (ABC)

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:26 am

Sounds Great! I am very please to hear this and I knew they would at least get a full season, 22 episodes is great! Now we can definelty look forward to having DH & KI2T back later in the season and the multi-story arc they have in place for him!

Good Luck to the Cast & Crew and keep us coming for more!

Joe

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:02 am

YEEEEEEEEEEES! This Is Awesome News! Whoot :lol: :D :good: :mrgreen: :kitt2:
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:07 am

youbelong wrote:Good news I hope that the producers go correct their errors and to return to the knight rider legacy one man and his super talking car fight the criminals above the law and please put sara out of kitt :good: :good: :good: :kitt: a one man can make a differece :kitt:
im gonna put my bets on the fact that GST had already figured out the first season of KR08....
which means every little thing about the begining of the show (ie:Billy and Zoe,Sarah'S major involvement, Alez Torres, and KI3Ts advacements in learning & transformations) is here for a reason and will continue to stay no matter how much the "haterz" want them to disappear.
Something i learned from Vegas is that when main charator's are intoduced (ie Alex, Billy and Zoe) the serve a purpose you really dont get until Gary wants your to know......
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:26 pm

Here is the offical release:
NBC TO PICK UP NINE ADDITIONAL EPISODES OF 'KNIGHT RIDER' TO COMPLETE FULL-SEASON ORDER FOR 2008-09
Published: October 21, 2008

UNIVERSAL CITY – October 21, 2008 – NBC will pick up nine additional episodes of its the freshman drama series "Knight Rider" (Wednesdays, 8-9 p.m. ET) to provide the series with a full-season order for 2008-09, it was announced today by Ben Silverman, Co-Chairman, NBC Entertainment and Universal Media Studios.

"Gary Scott Thompson and the great cast and crew of 'Knight Rider' continue to deliver fun, action packed adventures every week," said Silverman. "Kitt and Michael will continue to travel across the country on their fun, escapist ride pursuing bad guys and saving the day."

"Knight Rider" premiered its new season on Wednesday, September 24 (8-9 p.m. ET).
The series is averaging a 2.4 rating, 7 share in adults 18-49 and 7.4 million viewers overall so far this season in "live plus same day" averages. "Knight Rider" is the #1 regular series in its competitive time period in all key adult-male demographics and won the slot in adults 18-49 with its most recent telecast on October 15.

On the heels of NBC's hit movie, the iconic 1980s television classic comes roaring back to life as a reinvented, updated and super-charged action series showcasing the new KITT (Knight Industries Three Thousand). Absolutely the coolest car ever created, KITT is equipped with "AI" (artificial intelligence) that is capable of hacking almost any system. Its weapon's systems match that of a jet fighter, its body is capable of actually transforming into other vehicles and it uses sophisticated holographic imagery to elude villains.

"Knight Rider" stars Justin Bruening ("Cold Case"), Deanna Russo ("NCIS"), Sydney Tamiia Poitier ("Veronica Mars"), Paul Campbell ("Battlestar Galactica"), Yancey Arias ("Kingpin") and Bruce Davison ("Breach"). Smith Cho ("Blades of Glory") recurs. David Bartis ("Heist," "The O.C."), Doug Liman ("Mr. and Mrs. Smith," "The Bourne Identity"), Matt Pyken ("Las Vegas") and Gary Scott Thompson ("Las Vegas," "The Fast and The Furious") are executive producers.

Based on characters created by Glen Larson, "Knight Rider" is from Universal Media Studios and Dutch Oven Productions.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:26 pm

Kaine wrote:
Skav wrote:I heard terminator: SCC is getting cancelled so while it's good news for KR to get a full 1st season, I hope it doesn't go the same way as SCC and get stopped in it's second run.
Terminator: SCC being cancelled was just a rumor, as with KR08 it's getting a full second season:
http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/921/921475p1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ah, that's good news. I like SCC too.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:45 pm

Congrats....

The fact that its the first NBC freshman show to get a full season order -- is a very, very good sign.
As long as it maintains its ratings for the male demographic. It will likely move into a second season......

Very excited indeed. This is the best incarnation of KR since the original, by far.
There ain't no E in Garth, damn it.

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:19 pm

Alex Nunez from Autoblog is already bitching about this so it must be good news. :good: I'm glad NBC made a wise choice, now NBC get some merchandise rolling, :good: :good:

jimknight
Rookie

Post by jimknight » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:08 pm

OH WOW im sooooo excited by this,

as for many of you on here this year has all been about knight rider for me and been lovin the pilot and weekly news and series so far, i think the only time i wasnt thinking about knight rider was when i was getting hyped about the dark knight when it came closer to release.

so with Knight Rider being bought back and The Dark Knight this year i guess if it was an episode GST would have named it Year Of The Knight

im so happy they have given it a full season and not been this excited since i met megan fox (in a dream anyway)

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:17 pm

KnightRiderKR wrote:Alex Nunez from Autoblog is already bitching about this so it must be good news. :good: I'm glad NBC made a wise choice, now NBC get some merchandise rolling, :good: :good:

I could probably suggest a few things for Nunez to do, but they're probably not appropriate here nor there.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:20 pm

TKR got a full season and that was nowhere near as good as this new incarnation. I totally expect this show to go to the full 22

I cant wait to see how the story arc has been planned for the 22 (remember at comic con GST said they already had ideas to take it that way if it got picked up.)

If the show continues in the direction its going in terms of action/comedy balance plus the continuing arc regarding Kitt and Mikes relationship and also Mikes past, I am really looking forward to the developments ahead.

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:55 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:
KnightRiderKR wrote:Alex Nunez from Autoblog is already bitching about this so it must be good news. :good: I'm glad NBC made a wise choice, now NBC get some merchandise rolling, :good: :good:

I could probably suggest a few things for Nunez to do, but they're probably not appropriate here nor there.

Quite a few people have joined him in trashing Knight Rider, probably just a bunch of punks who's football team just lost or something. People take it out of others for no reason.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:32 pm

well, this is about the only good news I had today.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:24 pm

KnightRiderKR wrote:now NBC get some merchandise rolling, :good: :good:
They should!I just can't wait to add Knight Rider stuff to my collection!Just yesterday I bought 2 Lion King shirts and a Lion King pencil set!I wanna buy a KR shirt... :D And maybe a KITT pencil case...with a SCANNER! :good:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:01 pm

Awsome news! Congrats to the cast and crew!
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

Rjaniz
Recruit

Post by Rjaniz » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:13 am

Heheh what I wouldn't give to be sitting in the same room with the people who said it wouldn't go past 6 episodes as they got this news.

In the words of Cartman: "Oh, the tears of unfathomable sadness! My-yummy!"

GREAT NEWS. Congrats to all involved with the show!

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:21 am

I just read the article in the News section!AWESOME!!!
Pfffft! to all the nay sayers! AS long as it doens't go teh way of TKR (which I have heard really nasty things about) then I think we can expect great things out of KR08!

Congrats to teh cast, crew, and exec's at NBC!
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

shirik
Volunteer

Post by shirik » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:07 am

great news- made me very happy!

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:47 am

WOW, excellent news! Congratulations to all involved in the show :)
Oh, and my birthday IS in this month, just 9 days ahead, this news is great "birthday present" for a Knight Rider fan, thanks a million! :D
KR getting a full season gives it much more chances to being bought by overseas tv-companys to air, hope to see it soon in Finnish TV too.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:29 pm

KnightRiderKR wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote:

Quite a few people have joined him in trashing Knight Rider, probably just a bunch of punks who's football team just lost or something. People take it out of others for no reason.
hahaha, jokes on them. Its actually quite entertaining seeing them suffer for atleast another 18 more episodes! Alex from Autoblog won't be able to see out this series the way he is going!!! Either that, or he may just get brainwashed by the show :twisted:

I'm happy we'll get to see a complete series at the very least of KR08. Well done to GST, cast and crew. Looks like your stuck with us for some time yet :lol:

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:33 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Quite a few people have joined him in trashing Knight Rider, probably just a bunch of punks who's football team just lost or something. People take it out of others for no reason.
I've never understood this mentality. If you don't like something, why sit there and waste time bashing it? Just walk away if you're not interested. If you are interested, provide constructive criticism instead of snarky bashing.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:16 pm

Heh, you quoted the wrong person there. :D

They do it because it's cool to jump in and bash something, it's also "cool" to jump in and bash something popular for the attention it'll bring in your doing so.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: