I finded a Hot Wheels Shelby GT500!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

RobWolf
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

I finded a Hot Wheels Shelby GT500!

Post by RobWolf » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:50 pm

So there I was, browsing through the standard Hot Wheels in Fenwicks. I had seen a HW Shelby GT500 in the KR colours online, so I figured hey, it's worth a look. Last time I was browsing the regular Hot Wheels, I bagged two 60's TV Batmobiles! So, I had a flick through the hangars, and sort-of hit paydirt.

2007 Shelby GT500. 99p (how much do normal HW retail for in the US?) I know, wrong model. Looks identical though, except the hood is wrong. Also, this sucker is white with blue stripes, blue interior, dark tinted windows. It does however have the silver Cobra logos on it.

So I figure I'll repaint it, mold on the hood inlets, paint in the red lights. I have warmed to the normal KI3T a bit...

But to satisfy my hatred of the show, I will probably have to display it jumping over a shark (I can get a plastic shark cheap enough) or smash it up with a hammer for YouTube.

EdwardKnoxII
Operative

Re: I finded a Hot Wheels Shelby GT500!

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:03 pm

I say wait awhile I found a bunch of black with gray stripes Hot Wheels Shelby GT500 not to long ago. It has the silver Cobra logos and black interior. It looks just like hero Kitt cept for the hood. For awhile I thought I'd never found the blacks one and then one day I hit paydirt.

RobWolf
Rookie

Post by RobWolf » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:07 pm

Gray stripes? I though it was flat black stripes on gloss black paint?

EdwardKnoxII
Operative

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:13 pm

Well here's pic of it. http://hotwheels.wikia.com/wiki/'07_Shelby_GT-500" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Two Silver Stripes, From Hood To Spoiler, Silver GT 500 Stripe on lower Sides, Silver Cobra Badge, Gloss Black Grill & Headlights.

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:17 pm

RobWolf wrote:Gray stripes? I though it was flat black stripes on gloss black paint?
KITT is metallic black with matte black stripes, the hot wheels car is a regular GT500 in black with silver stripes. Its about as close to KITT and we'll get. Shelby Collectibles does make a 1:18 KITT look alike.

http://www.collectablediecast.com/index ... =4894&HS=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RobWolf
Rookie

Post by RobWolf » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:31 pm

I wonder how long before the proper KI3T toys start coming out?

I would LOL if, in a throwback to the 80s, they all had 'KNIGHT 3000' down the side in red computer font! (>9000 internets to the first person to take a model KI3T and do this to it)

For all the inevitable transforming, rocket firing sh*te they will probably turn out, I'd just love to see a modern quivalent of the Kenner Voice Car (which I sadly don't own yet but to me it is perfect). No stupid gimmicks, just a nice big accurate plastic car, with opening doors and a voice chip (and with today's technology, a light up scanner light).

Gadjet
Rookie

Post by Gadjet » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:52 pm

RobWolf wrote:So there I was, browsing through the standard Hot Wheels in Fenwicks. I had seen a HW Shelby GT500 in the KR colours online, so I figured hey, it's worth a look. Last time I was browsing the regular Hot Wheels, I bagged two 60's TV Batmobiles! So, I had a flick through the hangars, and sort-of hit paydirt.

2007 Shelby GT500. 99p (how much do normal HW retail for in the US?) I know, wrong model. Looks identical though, except the hood is wrong. Also, this sucker is white with blue stripes, blue interior, dark tinted windows. It does however have the silver Cobra logos on it.

So I figure I'll repaint it, mold on the hood inlets, paint in the red lights. I have warmed to the normal KI3T a bit...

But to satisfy my hatred of the show, I will probably have to display it jumping over a shark (I can get a plastic shark cheap enough) or smash it up with a hammer for YouTube.

You found one as well.

Well i did a rough job to make mine KITT a while back.

Heres the post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11961" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope to see how your one turns out soon, shark jumping or not lol

Gadjet
My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/gadget127 contains my own vids Street Hawk vs Knight rider, Knight rider/Mad max music vids and lots of high octaine action

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:16 pm

RobWolf wrote:I wonder how long before the proper KI3T toys start coming out?

I would LOL if, in a throwback to the 80s, they all had 'KNIGHT 3000' down the side in red computer font! (>9000 internets to the first person to take a model KI3T and do this to it)

For all the inevitable transforming, rocket firing sh*te they will probably turn out, I'd just love to see a modern quivalent of the Kenner Voice Car (which I sadly don't own yet but to me it is perfect). No stupid gimmicks, just a nice big accurate plastic car, with opening doors and a voice chip (and with today's technology, a light up scanner light).
Probably never, merchandising doesn't flow well with TV execs.

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:14 pm

i'm working on my own KITT replica, the Shelby GT500KR is currently stripped and having the red seat trimming put in.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:48 pm

Dear god, i actually remember buying beast wars tansformers when i was a kid, then the digimon transformers as a teen. Maybe now that im an adult i'll be able to play with a KITT transformer....

I actually remember the last time i saw a real KITT kenner car...it was 1997 in Bluefield, WV at a yard sale. Too bad my ex-step-dad hated knight rider with all his heart (calling it a giant waste to nbc's tv lineup) to actually buy me that damn toy (which was $7). Oh, i wish i had that..... and a ghost trap from the ghostbusters 80's toyline....
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:51 pm

KnightRiderKR wrote:
RobWolf wrote:I wonder how long before the proper KI3T toys start coming out?

Probably never, merchandising doesn't flow well with TV execs.
They had hotwheels for Team Knight Rider. I would be really suprised if we don't get new Knight Rider toys for the new show.
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........