Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:17 pm

Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by pheonix_knight » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:50 am

I'd personally like to have a scene with Charles visiting the grave of Devon Miles on the anniversary of his death or something like that. It would be a fantastic meeting place for CG and MK snr too but of course,realistically speaking with DH's schedule and commitments this may not come to fruition.

User avatar
JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 741
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:12 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Yonkers, NY
Contact:

Re: Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:14 pm

That is a good idea with visiting the grave and such also with the cast, and maybe he is buried where the Foundation Mansion is and they should visit their too. IMO they should have a statue of Devon in front of the Mansion and maybe have a room with paintings or memorials to Devon, Wilton, MK, etc.

I hope they can get that original Mansion in for some original mythology!

Joe

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:39 pm

JJSoCrazy wrote:That is a good idea with visiting the grave and such also with the cast, and maybe he is buried where the Foundation Mansion is and they should visit their too. IMO they should have a statue of Devon in front of the Mansion and maybe have a room with paintings or memorials to Devon, Wilton, MK, etc.

I hope they can get that original Mansion in for some original mythology!

Joe

Indeed that would be cool! :good:

User avatar
LeslieGruffod
Rookie
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:18 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Bridlington, UK
Contact:

Re: Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by LeslieGruffod » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:57 pm

Knight Rider 2000 is not canon and it had to be one of the dumbest deaths ever in Knight Rider.

It has never been said or mentioned that Devon Miles is deceased in the new, continuing canon.

Just because an actor has died, doesn't mean their character HAS to have an off-screen death.

Maybe they will give Devon a happy ending.

Why can't he be retired and happily living the remainder of his life elsewhere? Can't we have a happy ending for Devon Miles? All it needs is a line of dialogue saying he is happily retired.

Please don't kill Devon again!

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:17 pm

Re: Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by pheonix_knight » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:08 pm

LeslieGruffod wrote:Knight Rider 2000 is not canon and it had to be one of the dumbest deaths ever in Knight Rider.

It has never been said or mentioned that Devon Miles is deceased in the new, continuing canon.

Just because an actor has died, doesn't mean their character HAS to have an off-screen death.

Maybe they will give Devon a happy ending.

Why can't he be retired and happily living the remainder of his life elsewhere? Can't we have a happy ending for Devon Miles? All it needs is a line of dialogue saying he is happily retired.

Please don't kill Devon again!


Edward Mulhare was born in 1923, I will assume that Devon Miles was roughly the same age as the actor so would be 85 now. It would be perfectly plausible that the character had passed away by now although his demise could be explained completely differently to the KR2000 murder

. Devon Miles was entrusted with Wilton Knight's legacy (quote from KOTP "Wilton was my FRIEND as well as my employer") and he would never actually retire from the position with FLAG because of his belief in the cause but also the loyalty to his friend.

User avatar
LeslieGruffod
Rookie
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:18 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Bridlington, UK
Contact:

Re: Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by LeslieGruffod » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:10 pm

85 isnt an unbelievable age to be alive.

Just killing him because the actor is dead, is just pointless. We've already suffered one on-screen death. An off-screen death has no emotion tied to it whatsoever. They aren't going to use their screen time paying respects to Devon, a character most of the audience won't even be familiar with, when they can have Billy and Zoe taunt each other in the Kitt cave.

So unless there's a dramatic reason for Devon's death, which would have to be off-screen, there's no reason to say he's dead.

And its not inconceivable Devon would have retired. If he's 85, there would come a time when he felt he had done enough. He could still be a silent partner in Knight Industries, or even fund Charles' cause, maybe even hand picked him to be his successor.

Michael Knight is presumably still out there with Kitt, maybe Devon's overseeing all that.

You don't kill an important character, if there's no drama in it. Wheres the drama in going to a gravestone, when the audience won't even care about, or know who the dead person is?

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:31 pm

LeslieGruffod wrote:They aren't going to use their screen time paying respects to Devon, a character most of the audience won't even be familiar with, when they can have Billy and Zoe taunt each other in the Kitt cave.
Speak for yourself because I and a whole lot of people, quite a few that were not even grew in the 1980's know about the old show's cast and Devon Miles.

LeslieGruffod wrote:And its not inconceivable Devon would have retired. If he's 85, there would come a time when he felt he had done enough. He could still be a silent partner in Knight Industries, or even fund Charles' cause, maybe even hand picked him to be his successor.
That he probably did but the fact is that the actor that portrayed him is dead and is inconceivable to bring other actor to portray him so Devon is dead that's a fact.

LeslieGruffod wrote:Michael Knight is presumably still out there with Kitt, maybe Devon's overseeing all that.
Umm... No! FLAGG was disbanded that has been made clear and when that happened and Michael Long retired KITT 2000 was most likely taken by Night industries to be decomissioned.

User avatar
LeslieGruffod
Rookie
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:18 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Bridlington, UK
Contact:

Re: Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by LeslieGruffod » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:50 pm

PunkMaister wrote: Speak for yourself because I and a whole lot of people, quite a few that were not even grew in the 1980's know about the old show's cast and Devon Miles..


Just making conjecture on the fact that the audience is brand new. What percentage of the new Battlestar Galactica audience do you suppose watched the original? I'd say the percentage of Knight Rider fans is likely the same. The lower end of the demographic which is watching the new show (18 year olds) weren't even born when it aired. Granted, I can only speak for myself and guess, but I'd put money on that the vast majority of the audience didn't watch the original.

PunkMaister wrote: That he probably did but the fact is that the actor that portrayed him is dead and is inconceivable to bring other actor to portray him so Devon is dead that's a fact...


No he isn't. That's not a fact at all. It is only ever a fact when mentioned in canon, which is onscreen. Because you think it is, does not make it a fact. Are you a taxi driver, because they are always quoting well known facts that are completely infactual lol

Your logic doesn't fit, that just because an actor is dead in real life, his onscreen character must also be dead. Just because you can't see them again, doesn't mean that they aren't or can't be still alive in that universe somewhere.

PunkMaister wrote: Umm... No! FLAGG was disbanded that has been made clear and when that happened and Michael Long retired KITT 2000 was most likely taken by Night industries to be decomissioned.


I don't know where you get your info from, but I've watched all the episodes so far. There is no mention, as far as I racall (someone correct me) of Michael Knight retiring (in fact I think it was hinted at that he had to be in hiding because he was doing undercover work in the pilot). There's also no evidence to say Kitt was decomissioned. By GST hints, he wants Michael and Kitt back paired with the new Michael and Kitt, suggesting they are both out there somewhere ready to chip in (when they can schedule the Hoff in).

User avatar
FordFilly82
Operative
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:19 am

Re: Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by FordFilly82 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:20 am

Ok, here I go laying down my 2 cents, so be kind. lol :bats lashes:

LeslieGruffod wrote:
PunkMaister wrote: Speak for yourself because I and a whole lot of people, quite a few that were not even grew in the 1980's know about the old show's cast and Devon Miles..


Just making conjecture on the fact that the audience is brand new. What percentage of the new Battlestar Galactica audience do you suppose watched the original? I'd say the percentage of Knight Rider fans is likely the same. The lower end of the demographic which is watching the new show (18 year olds) weren't even born when it aired. Granted, I can only speak for myself and guess, but I'd put money on that the vast majority of the audience didn't watch the original.


You might be surprised how many people watch both incarnations. THat's one of the reasons why there was soooo much hype for the new BSG. Myself included. Which also shared it's own arguing point: Starbuck a female!? But it wrk for the new Gen so let 'em have it.



PunkMaister wrote: That he probably did but the fact is that the actor that portrayed him is dead and is inconceivable to bring other actor to portray him so Devon is dead that's a fact...


No he isn't. That's not a fact at all. It is only ever a fact when mentioned in canon, which is onscreen. Because you think it is, does not make it a fact. Are you a taxi driver, because they are always quoting well known facts that are completely infactual lol

Your logic doesn't fit, that just because an actor is dead in real life, his onscreen character must also be dead. Just because you can't see them again, doesn't mean that they aren't or can't be still alive in that universe somewhere.[/quote]

Actually both of you right IMHO.
Yes, actor the who played Devon has passed. BUT, that does not mean that they could not re-cast. Though in my opinion to recast a part that was already brilliantly played, is an insult. And it messes with one's pre-concieved notions about how certain characters should look, act & behave.
As for "retirement" of Devon; since he was such a huge part of what made Flag run, IMHO, *if* Devon died, either by foul play or natural causes, if there was not already a acting director, then it makes sense for FLAG to have been disbanded after his death.
Thus probably promting Knight sr, and/or Graiman to begin work to bring back the foundation. :wink:

PunkMaister wrote: Umm... No! FLAGG was disbanded that has been made clear and when that happened and Michael Long retired KITT 2000 was most likely taken by Night industries to be decomissioned.


I don't know where you get your info from, but I've watched all the episodes so far. There is no mention, as far as I racall (someone correct me) of Michael Knight retiring (in fact I think it was hinted at that he had to be in hiding because he was doing undercover work in the pilot). There's also no evidence to say Kitt was decomissioned. By GST hints, he wants Michael and Kitt back paired with the new Michael and Kitt, suggesting they are both out there somewhere ready to chip in (when they can schedule the Hoff in).[/quote]

This is a topic that my husband and I discussed just recently. Mainly b/c of the scenes where we see the "KNIGHT" lis plate & Steering wheel and other parts. Why "decommision" KITT? I mean yeah FLAG disbands, ok, but KITT 2k has said several times thazt he dislikes being turned off.
So my husband made this point: KIIT had to be repaired right? so that is where the parts shown in the 08 pilot came from. Leaving open the fact that both Knight Sr. and KITT sr. are still out there, just hiding. An probably somewhere near Vegas, given the fact that MK was at Traceur's mom's wake. "The circle is complete" LOL Both shows started in Vegas.
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:24 am

KITT 2000 is either decommisioned or in a wharehouse somewhere as it was and remains the property of FLAGG and when it disbanded to Knight Industries, Michael Long cannot possibly have the old KITT at this time as it was never his too keep in the first place. It would be silly to keep such outdated hardware with such sensitive top secret software in the road.

User avatar
LeslieGruffod
Rookie
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:18 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Bridlington, UK
Contact:

Re: Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by LeslieGruffod » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:57 pm

PunkMaister wrote:KITT 2000 is either decommisioned or in a wharehouse somewhere as it was and remains the property of FLAGG and when it disbanded to Knight Industries, Michael Long cannot possibly have the old KITT at this time as it was never his too keep in the first place. It would be silly to keep such outdated hardware with such sensitive top secret software in the road.


You're assuming he is retired. That has never been stated. I'm assuming, based on the fact Michael and Kitt are not only partners, but best friends, Michael Knight would never allow them to leave Kitt in a warehouse gathering dust. Ignoring Knight Rider 2000 for one second -- which is no longer canon, thank goodness.

You are also assuming, Kitt is still "outdated" and couldn't have been upgraded over the years. AI doesn't become obsolete, it evolves and grows. Kitt could do things that run circles around the Knight 3000. The only upgrade Kitt would need to still fit in, would be a more up to date set of wheels. I have seen nothing in the new series, other than transform, that the Knight 2000 couldn't do. And plenty of things Kitt could do, that the Knight 3000 can't and doesn't do yet.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:18 pm

LeslieGruffod wrote:You're assuming he is retired. That has never been stated. I'm assuming, based on the fact Michael and Kitt are not only partners, but best friends, Michael Knight would never allow them to leave Kitt in a warehouse gathering dust. Ignoring Knight Rider 2000 for one second -- which is no longer canon, thank goodness.

You really don't understand do you? KITT is a machine, not a person, not a human being, KITT was and is property of Knight industries not Michael Long. He never, ever owned the vehicle he was simply it's designate driver as the no pun intended Flag operative of FLAGG , get it now? Geesh! :roll:

LeslieGruffod wrote:You are also assuming, Kitt is still "outdated" and couldn't have been upgraded over the years. AI doesn't become obsolete, it evolves and grows. Kitt could do things that run circles around the Knight 3000. The only upgrade Kitt would need to still fit in, would be a more up to date set of wheels. I have seen nothing in the new series, other than transform, that the Knight 2000 couldn't do. And plenty of things Kitt could do, that the Knight 3000 can't and doesn't do yet.
[/quote]
If that were the case then Justin would be driving an upgraded 80's transam as there would be no need for a whole new K.R... :roll: And furthermore what could it do that you allege the new one cannot? Jump? Oh wait, Superspeed oh wait, nearly impregnable armor... Oh wait...

User avatar
LeslieGruffod
Rookie
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:18 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Bridlington, UK
Contact:

Re: Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by LeslieGruffod » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:12 pm

PunkMaister wrote:You really don't understand do you? KITT is a machine, not a person, not a human being, KITT was and is property of Knight industries not Michael Long. He never, ever owned the vehicle he was simply it's designate driver as the no pun intended Flag operative of FLAGG , get it now? Geesh! :roll: .


Chill, it's only a debate, no need to get your blood pressure up.

If you honestly think Michael Knight sees Kitt as technology, and not a friend, then you've been watching a different show I have. And so what if he didn't own the vehicle? Do you think Devon is going to let them dismantle or store Kitt in a warehouse? Oh no, you can't, cos in your mind he's dead. What about Bonnie? Is she dead too?

You seem to think FLAG is a cold, heartless, property-hogging organisation, that views Kitt as disposable. Again, you've been watching a different show that I have. All the characters in the organisation had affection for Kitt. In fact one of his original designers, recognised the AI suffered from psychological fears that humans do (Junkyard Dog).

I think the bottom line is, you don't understand.

PunkMaister wrote:If that were the case then Justin would be driving an upgraded 80's transam as there would be no need for a whole new K.R... :roll: And furthermore what could it do that you allege the new one cannot? Jump? Oh wait, Superspeed oh wait, nearly impregnable armor... Oh wait...


No it would not be the case. Michael would still be with the original Kitt. The reason Justin doesn't have him, is because Michael would have.

I've yet to see the new Kitt use two wheels, bring his roof down and use the passenger seat as a projectile, jam a helicopter, and thats just off the top of my head and hardware stuff...

That's not a complaint, because they can incorporate all that gradually. But Kitt is anything but obsolete compared to the Knight 3000. The only difference is the shell. The AI was definitely superior.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:17 pm

Re: Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by pheonix_knight » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:54 pm

Its surely more plausible that the reason FLAG stopped exsisting for a while before CG brought it back is because there was no one there to run it. Michael Knight Snr, although a fantastic field op would not have wanted to run the organisation. He lacked the subtlety and some of the diplomatic skills that Devon had as CEO of FLAG.

Devon Miles would not let his friends legacy go to waste, there's no way his character would retire. FLAG was so much more than a job to him, it was a vocation. You don't retire from a vocation.....

The board of directors (remember back to KOTJ which IS in KR cannon...) wanted to break FLAG up as they were against the idea of a "james bond fantasist"(paraphrasing but it was something along those lines as said by Jennifer Knight) in the first place. It would be perfectly acceptable within KR CANON that after DM's demise there was no one with the drive to fight the board and they finally went through with closing it down until CG approached them again.

The only explanation based on what we know from TOS and what we know of everyone's characters, is that we have to accept the Devon has passed away. Bonnie had other interests in her life, which is why her character took a year off from her work with FLAG, in fact she only came back because MK and DM virtually begged her. So Bonnie's abscence is easier to explain as she was not quite as driven about the cause of FLAG...

RC3 probably went on to become a P.I or something

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:55 pm

LeslieGruffod wrote:If you honestly think Michael Knight sees Kitt as technology, and not a friend, then you've been watching a different show I have. And so what if he didn't own the vehicle? Do you think Devon is going to let them dismantle or store Kitt in a warehouse? Oh no, you can't, cos in your mind he's dead. What about Bonnie? Is she dead too?
Bonnie as far as I know was just an employee and had no final say in what would happen to KITT in the end, I recall in the original show the CEO of FLAG Knight industries founder's daughter did just that I do not recall which episode.

LeslieGruffod wrote:You seem to think FLAG is a cold, heartless, property-hogging organisation, that views Kitt as disposable. Again, you've been watching a different show that I have. All the characters in the organisation had affection for Kitt. In fact one of his original designers, recognised the AI suffered from psychological fears that humans do (Junkyard Dog).

Not all cared in that fashion as you claim in fact in that episode you mentioned they suggested retiring KITT out of service for good something that Michael vehemently off course fought against...
And in the end it all comes down to dollars and cents KITT costed FLAGG and Knight Industries millions of dollars to produce and so on, they... Nobody in his or her right mind would just give away such a thing to an individual as you claim. They would have never given KITT to Michael as his own car period.


LeslieGruffod wrote:No it would not be the case. Michael would still be with the original Kitt. The reason Justin doesn't have him, is because Michael would have.
That is assuming as you claim that FLAGG is still around but if so why create a separate team partially run by the government with a new K.R if the original K.R is still outthere and completly upgraded and up to date as you claim there would be no need whatsoever for the new KITT, KITT cave or any of it period, so which is it? And please provide substantial proof that FLAGG is still around as you claim... :roll:


LeslieGruffod wrote:I've yet to see the new Kitt use two wheels, bring his roof down and use the passenger seat as a projectile, jam a helicopter, and thats just off the top of my head and hardware stuff...

That's not a complaint, because they can incorporate all that gradually. But Kitt is anything but obsolete compared to the Knight 3000. The only difference is the shell. The AI was definitely superior.
A car that can morph intop just about anything don't you think bringing a roof down would be a breeze to such a vehicle oh wait... :roll:

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:17 pm

Re: Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by pheonix_knight » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:23 pm

LeslieGruffod wrote: The only difference is the shell. The AI was definitely superior.


In fairness, Ki2t had 4 years of development and was designed for a different world and time. The 3000 has been designed for reasons as yet unexplained in the new show and the AI has only been in 'real world situations' since February (seeing as the writers said the series was a real time continuation from the pilot...)

Give us 4 years of ki3t and see where his experience takes him and what he's actually learning for....

User avatar
goldbug
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 492
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:31 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: A world where criminals operate above the law

Re: Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by goldbug » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:15 pm

I'd love to have the fates of the original crew addressed, but I think as a fan of the original KR I think that's assumed. :)

One thing I really want to see are more practical stunts with KITT. Right now a scene of KITT driving on two wheels, crashing through a wall or something to that effect would rock.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

User avatar
FordFilly82
Operative
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:19 am

Re: Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by FordFilly82 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:34 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:Its surely more plausible that the reason FLAG stopped exsisting for a while before CG brought it back is because there was no one there to run it. Michael Knight Snr, although a fantastic field op would not have wanted to run the organisation. He lacked the subtlety and some of the diplomatic skills that Devon had as CEO of FLAG.

Devon Miles would not let his friends legacy go to waste, there's no way his character would retire. FLAG was so much more than a job to him, it was a vocation. You don't retire from a vocation.....

The board of directors (remember back to KOTJ which IS in KR cannon...) wanted to break FLAG up as they were against the idea of a "james bond fantasist"(paraphrasing but it was something along those lines as said by Jennifer Knight) in the first place. It would be perfectly acceptable within KR CANON that after DM's demise there was no one with the drive to fight the board and they finally went through with closing it down until CG approached them again.

The only explanation based on what we know from TOS and what we know of everyone's characters, is that we have to accept the Devon has passed away. Bonnie had other interests in her life, which is why her character took a year off from her work with FLAG, in fact she only came back because MK and DM virtually begged her. So Bonnie's abscence is easier to explain as she was not quite as driven about the cause of FLAG...

RC3 probably went on to become a P.I or something


You said that so much better than I did Pheonix! LOL
Which is basically what I believe and I'm brand new to both versions!! lol
FLAG was Devon's calling, form he would not retire until his death. So I agree, after the "Theorized" passing of Devon, the board of Dir's would dismantle the organization. And yes while KITT is technically FLAG"s property. Over four yrs KITT & MK sr are more family than anything, which could explain why MK sr, is in "hiding". He essentually "stole" KITT form FLAG, (b4 you get more nad let me finish) b/c FLAG indeed wants/ed to decomisson him.

Yes PK like you said: there was 4 yrs (more if you count the Tv Movies, canon or not), so Kitt 2k has evolved. And yes I have yet to see KITT 3k drive on 2 whls or the other things mentioned. I would not be surprised if somehow (IN THEORY) CG managed to install a similar morphing program into KITT2k allowing him to hide in plain sight.

Both cars are relevant; both then and now.
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:58 pm

FordFilly82 wrote:You said that so much better than I did Pheonix! LOL
Which is basically what I believe and I'm brand new to both versions!! lol
FLAG was Devon's calling, form he would not retire until his death. So I agree, after the "Theorized" passing of Devon, the board of Dir's would dismantle the organization. And yes while KITT is technically FLAG"s property. Over four yrs KITT & MK sr are more family than anything, which could explain why MK sr, is in "hiding". He essentually "stole" KITT form FLAG, (b4 you get more nad let me finish) b/c FLAG indeed wants/ed to decomisson him.

Yes PK like you said: there was 4 yrs (more if you count the Tv Movies, canon or not), so Kitt 2k has evolved. And yes I have yet to see KITT 3k drive on 2 whls or the other things mentioned. I would not be surprised if somehow (IN THEORY) CG managed to install a similar morphing program into KITT2k allowing him to hide in plain sight.

Both cars are relevant; both then and now.

One big problem with the Michael Knight Sr stole the old KITT theory is that if he indeed did how would he get him fixed, upgraded and so on without any support from anyone? How would he keep the AI operating system which most third world countries would give an arm and a leg for out of their slimy hands? Again without any kind of backup or support. And remember in the TOS he did have a support structure mind you not as large as in the new show but a support structure it was none the less...

n1elkyfan
Recruit
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:14 pm

Re: Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by n1elkyfan » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:11 pm

It could be Bonnie wouldn't want to see KITT dismantled either and is helping Michael Sr.

Bandit778
Volunteer
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:44 am

Re: Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by Bandit778 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:38 am

One big problem with the Michael Knight Sr stole the old KITT theory is that if he indeed did how would he get him fixed, upgraded and so on without any support from anyone? How would he keep the AI operating system which most third world countries would give an arm and a leg for out of their slimy hands? Again without any kind of backup or support. And remember in the TOS he did have a support structure mind you not as large as in the new show but a support structure it was none the less...


Actually you are right about KITT needing to be fixed/Upgraded. A logical conclusion to that is Charles. He had parts that looked to be KITT parts. He also knew of Mikes mother and his father. So my theory is Michael and KITT could be hiding. Charles could've been doing the repairs on KITT from time to time which could easily explain what was seen in his garage.

Charles and Mike Sr could've been keeping in contact. Charles could've been keeping an eye on Jr and his mother and relaying info to Sr. Bonnie could also have been helping behind the scenes as well. Alot of the backstory is yet to be explained but everyone seems to have their own ideas and theorys. I belive Snr and KITT are still together...or atleast I hope. I can't see Sr coming back without his partner atleast in some form or another. This is Knight Rider and KITT was a cornerstone of this so it stands to reason they won't just dismiss KITT with the whole decomissioned/dismantled story.

Anyways this is my first post here in what seems like forever but it's just my 2 cents.

User avatar
Dr. Graiman
Rookie
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:27 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by Dr. Graiman » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:03 am

Somehow I would like to see anything about the Knight Reformulation One (K.R.O.). At least they should mention KRO and Martin Jentzen to replace the original Michael Knight and KITT. And what about James Marland? He was hand picked to replace Devon Miles, revamp the Foundation, and invent new car technologies. Although it is quite difficult to think about Team Knight Rider as canon alongside the new KR, the downfall of the Foundation, Devon, Michael and KITT as shown in the Team Knight Rider episode 'K.R.O' is feasible. TKR finished off Foundations downfall so Charles Graiman had to reactivat the Foundation. Even TKR was quite anserine they should not ignore it. It was a FORD show... There a some similarities between the new KR and TKR: the plane, bigger worldshaking missions, a big team behind the car, the KITTcave...a MUSTANG. So to continue the legacy of KR and TKR would make sense. Additionally bringing back someone of TKR's cast wouldn't be as much expensive as the HOFF. I would give Duane Davis as Duke Depalma the preference to make a cameo.

User avatar
Skav
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1999
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: England, UK
Contact:

Re: Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by Skav » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:05 am

Bandit778 wrote:
Charles could've been doing the repairs on KITT from time to time which could easily explain what was seen in his garage.


Except you see two KITT's in the garage.

User avatar
Stuntman Lee
Rookie
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:48 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: London/Essex

Re: Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by Stuntman Lee » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:37 am

Dr. Graiman wrote:Somehow I would like to see anything about the Knight Reformulation One (K.R.O.). At least they should mention KRO and Martin Jentzen to replace the original Michael Knight and KITT. And what about James Marland? He was hand picked to replace Devon Miles, revamp the Foundation, and invent new car technologies. Although it is quite difficult to think about Team Knight Rider as canon alongside the new KR, the downfall of the Foundation, Devon, Michael and KITT as shown in the Team Knight Rider episode 'K.R.O' is feasible. TKR finished off Foundations downfall so Charles Graiman had to reactivat the Foundation. Even TKR was quite anserine they should not ignore it. It was a FORD show... There a some similarities between the new KR and TKR: the plane, bigger worldshaking missions, a big team behind the car, the KITTcave...a MUSTANG. So to continue the legacy of KR and TKR would make sense. Additionally bringing back someone of TKR's cast wouldn't be as much expensive as the HOFF. I would give Duane Davis as Duke Depalma the preference to make a cameo.



Team Knight Rider is being ignored, just like Knight Rider 2000. Sure, there are similarities, but I think it's for the best.

:kitt:
Love child of The Hoff.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:19 pm

Bandit778 wrote:Actually you are right about KITT needing to be fixed/Upgraded. A logical conclusion to that is Charles. He had parts that looked to be KITT parts. He also knew of Mikes mother and his father. So my theory is Michael and KITT could be hiding. Charles could've been doing the repairs on KITT from time to time which could easily explain what was seen in his garage.


Bandit778 wrote:Charles and Mike Sr could've been keeping in contact. Charles could've been keeping an eye on Jr and his mother and relaying info to Sr. Bonnie could also have been helping behind the scenes as well. Alot of the backstory is yet to be explained but everyone seems to have their own ideas and theorys. I belive Snr and KITT are still together...or atleast I hope. I can't see Sr coming back without his partner atleast in some form or another. This is Knight Rider and KITT was a cornerstone of this so it stands to reason they won't just dismiss KITT with the whole decomissioned/dismantled story.
First of all welcome to the board... Now in regards to your post. Why is it unthinkable that KITT being the property of FLAGG/Knight industries would not be taken either for decomision or storage? Remember the founder of Knight industries died in the TOS and was replaced by his daughter whom did not share her father's views on what Knight industries should be and profoundly disliked the foundation. She probably disbanded FLAGG shortly after Devon died just as she so much wanted all along and everything FLAGG had including KITT immediately became property of Knight industries. As much as it may have pained him Michael Knight Sr. would have had no choice than to return KITT to it's rightful owners. The whole idea of being in hiding and being somehow able to fix and uppgrade an aging piece of technology such as the original KITT is just preprosteous...

Locked