Is KR a part of your life?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

steventje
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Is KR a part of your life?

Post by steventje » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:36 am

How do you guys, as KR fans, see KR as a part of your life?
I mean, you have the KITT GPS, you dress like the hoff, you ride a trans am, or do you talk to your car,...?
Maybe some of you park your car in a truck every night? 8)

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Re: Is KR a part of your life?

Post by weeezl » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:53 am

Well...............When I get in awkward situations...I talk to my watch like "Kitt come get me buddy" Its a joke but I think sometimes people think Im a bit mad :D

I was totally sane until I got mixed up in The KRO crime syndicate....

That KRO crack will do that to ya! :lol:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:41 am

Well I do try to remember a few things that Knight rider tried to teach.Such as De nada means your welcome in Spanish,the Spanish Michael spoke in Blind Spot.Herman Mellville is the author of Moby Dick and the first line is call me Ishmael.I probably learned the first line from Married With Children.Antithesis means opposite.Their's probably more i'm forgetting to mention.

steventje
Volunteer

Post by steventje » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:14 am

To be honest, I also learnt some things on KR e.g. I learnt some CB language (Citizens' Band radio)
In the episode Knight moves (just after my favorite White Bird) KITT gets a "10-33" what means a cry for help.
The other famous CB language is : That's a big 10-4 !
Anybody knows what it means 10-4 and where it is coming from? I also heard it a lot in the dukes of hazzard

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:39 pm

LOL!KRO crime syndicate.Why call it the "KRO Crime syndicate?" :lol:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:53 pm

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:LOL!KRO crime syndicate.Why call it the "KRO Crime syndicate?" :lol:
It comes from a photoshop challenge big board entry I did a little while ago :D

viewtopic.php?f=1046&t=12284&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=75" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
Nepsterino.jpg
Nepsterino.jpg (93.54 KiB) Viewed 7963 times

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:13 pm

Not really relevant to this thread but would you wanna mess with this bad-ass? although he could come in handy for slicing up your vegetables! :lol:

I guess it is a part of my life, otherwise I would'nt do photoshops like this :D

Not everyone on here will get this but for those that do :mrgreen:
Attachments
BADASS_VEGETABLE_SLICER.jpg
BADASS_VEGETABLE_SLICER.jpg (86.12 KiB) Viewed 7952 times

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:33 pm

:lol:

Whatever happened to that guy? ;)
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:45 pm

Yup, KR is a part of my life too. :) I take VERY good care of my car and treat her more like a person than a machine. I was like that with my last car, too (Dryden). I name my cars. My current car is Suse. In fact I do hope some day to put in a computer and make her talk. :)

I HAVE to watch KR every week, it seems. LOL!

And then there's KRO and the Podcasts. LOTS of fun here! :) And fanfic I write, the Knight iRD web site (click on the web icon link under my avatar).

As for everyday, even at work I have a bit of KR with me. My laptop is named KITT. (My other laptop which I use as a back up is named KARR).

No escaping it! :)

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:01 pm

KR is a part of my life now! :D I only came to KRO only to like maybe make a few posts,but now I come everyday!KR has even effected what cars I might want to get when I'm 16! :lol: I'm now going for a Civic,Trans Am,or even a Mustang.I even convinced my brother to name his computer KITT!I'm now begininning to wonder if my KR addiction is becoming just as much as my addiction to The Lion King!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:58 am

Well I don’t dress up or have a KITT car.. unless you count my KRO shirt and SHADO. But somehow that doesn’t stop people from knowing that I’m KR obsessed. My KRO addiction might have very well surpassed my KR addiction. I’m sure I’m single-handedly crashing it’s server by leaving it open in multiple tabs and multiple browsers for hours on end. I actually can’t think of anything right now that KR has taught me. But let’s see, KRO taught me what RSS, CSS, BBC, H.264, MIRC oh and I’m sure lots of other things are. :good: And those are all helpful things to know in life.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:48 am

I guess I could say too Knight Rider is part of my life too. Became a fan already in the 1980's when it was first time on tv, right from the Pilot episode :)
I check every day this site & KRUK for the latest news of Knight Rider world, have every TOS episode on VHS & DVD and seems that I need to watch a random episode or two every week too :) I still keep looking the ERTL KITT & KARR models almost daily basis, cant' get enough of them LOL I also have for instance KR Legacy book and Stu Phillips KR music cd in my KR collection.

In the early morning or late night, if the weather is clear and not cloudy, when the sun rises or is setting, the colour of the sky goes purple and the purple coloured lightning makes whe buildings, cars, everything look kind of futuristic, it always remindes me from Knight Rider intro :D

I don't name my computer or car anything, my current 1:1 car isn't anything like KITT at all (2001 Nissan Micra, good for fuel economy), well the RDS radio have scrolling text panel with digital numbers & letters similar to KITT's text message display (Turbine, Calibrate, etc.) but the colour is wrong.
I also have 3,6 Gt of all kind of KR stuff on my computer collected during the years I've had internet at home. Mostly pics, videos, music, sounds, etc., I've started saving stuff from this new KR tv-series also & looking forward to see it, so the addiction continues probably as long as I live :)