A Hard Day's Knight -- Best Episode Yet

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Luis
Rookie

A Hard Day's Knight -- Best Episode Yet

Post by Luis » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:53 pm

I'm getting more and more hopeful. This week's episode was even better than Journey to the End of Knight. It was serious, poised, smartly written and full of cool sequences. The opening itself will be the benchmark by which other episodes will be judged -- just compare it with Knight of the Iguana, which had a TERRIBLE opening.

Justin is turning out to be a great "modern" Michael Knight. He's a total Millennial, being faithful to Sarah and at ease with technology. His acting is on a whole new level and he seems to genuinely care for KITT. Zoe was actually funny this time -- HUGE improvement.

KITT himself is getting to be an actual character. The Yoda line was priceless. I do think, though, that he is still a little too robotic for my taste. He should have cared if Mike dies or not.

Val is quickly becoming comfortable in KITT's skin and it shows. I'm starting to warm up to the guy.

The CGI has improved drastically. The van transformation was great and the .50 cal impacts on KITT's body were very well-done. Green screen use also improved, with better lighting.

About the only thing missing from the episode was Turbo Boost. I personally believe they are re-tooling it, making it more faithful to TOS. I would have ended the episode with the bad guy boarding the helicopter, thus forcing KITT to turbo boost over it and disable the engine right before it takes off. But that's just me being, err... nostalgic.

Best episode by far -- 8.75/10.

KITTRINA
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: A Hard Day's Knight -- Best Episode Yet

Post by KITTRINA » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:04 pm

I agree that this is the best episode so far! :D Kitt's lines were much better, and everyones acting was great. So to the team at knight rider, You guys rock!!!!! :good:

Bishop37
Recruit

Post by Bishop37 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:03 pm

This was the best episode yet. They upped the jeopardy, moved the relationship on, KITT got some great lines and Justin was really good in it.

Loved the grappling hook but what happened to the old microwave jammer? That would have stopped the van dead.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:52 pm

KITTRINA wrote:I agree that this is the best episode so far! :D Kitt's lines were much better, and everyones acting was great. So to the team at knight rider, You guys rock!!!!! :good:
Amen this show really rocked! :mrgreen: :good:

Luis
Rookie

Post by Luis » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:05 pm

We also got good ratings, which will go a long way towards the back 9.

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:14 pm

and Sydney Poitier returned!!! She is so hot. She is even more beautiful with straight hair. :)

--Brian

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:43 pm

seeker78 wrote:and Sydney Poitier returned!!! She is so hot. She is even more beautiful with straight hair. :)

--Brian
To each his own :lol:

What is it with people on this show having moles and marks on their face?
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight4life
Operative

Post by Knight4life » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:49 pm

A very positive review by ign.com this week,they have been bashing the show previously
http://tv.ign.com/articles/920/920981p1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jimknight
Rookie

Post by jimknight » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:52 am

i loved this episode allot and think its my fav one so far

i loved the interaction between KITT and michael in this episode

When the truth serum kicked in that was funny when michael was making comments to everyone in the SCC

n1elkyfan
Recruit

Post by n1elkyfan » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:21 pm

I liked when KITT copied ZOE and said "Don't worry bro, I got this"

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:11 pm

And did anyone else notice the very last shot of KITT driving off into the sunset looked almost exactly like the ewnding scene of the first half of Season 1 (where you heard Wilton's voiceover)? I think KITT was driving the opposite way than KI2T did though which could indicate a different direction/contrast of the two shows or could just be coincidence.