Live Discussion Thread: A Hard Day's Knight

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

shirik
Volunteer

Re: Live Discussion Thread: A Hard Day's Knight

Post by shirik » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:00 pm

i really think that "a hard day's night" was a good improvment. i also think the reason is because when it comes to the main actor who suffers or get wounded the raiting increase...reminded me an episode in MACGYVER....
i think that the fact that both Justin and Deana played in a day time serie added to this episode when it comes to "feelings" i even felt it at the end in the beach scene. i wish Sara showed more emotions toward MIke - i thought everyone needed to care for him him more- he was so miserable and in pain. he died 3 times!!!DEANNA needs to make more face mimik if you understand my point.
he tolds her he loved her and she didn't even blink...
zoe- what a frik.......she is sssooooooooo irritating!

i love the sound track all the way!! good work guys!
i don't try to look for similarities to the old serie beacuae it's different times now. i just enjoy it!

(sorry if my spelling is not good- english is my second language..)

Luis
Rookie

Post by Luis » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:27 pm

Knight of the Iguana made me have a bad night when it aired. It put me in a terrible mood and I honestly feared for the show's survival. Last night's episode -- and the ratings, this morning -- make me 99% sure we'll get a the full "back 9" very soon.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:14 pm

Oh, and bravo on the first REAL stunt with that Eclipse. It was very welcome.
That was a good crash

goldbug
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by goldbug » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:17 pm

cloudkitt wrote:Oh, and bravo on the first REAL stunt with that Eclipse. It was very welcome.
Technically it's the second isn't it? In "Journey" that was a real SUV sent over the edge and exploding IIRC.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

KnightRider88
Stranger

Post by KnightRider88 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:55 pm

Hi, I'm new here. I'm a big fan of the original series and am wearing very thin with the new one.

Last nights episode...uhh. I'm glad Sara came to little Miky Knight's rescue....again. Is it just me or is anybody else really sick of Sara being in almost every scene and she's the one that ends up bailing out Michael rather than KITT. KITT is more just there and the multimillion dollar wagon that carries around the cast. I really feel that Sara, Zoe {don't even get me started on Zoe} and Billy should be taken out of the show. None of those characters are needed. If they want to make it interesting they need to kill off Sara and give Michael something to work for rather then him connecting with Sara all the time and not KITT. Michael isn't a loner or working on his own...it's not "One man can make a difference" at all. He has all this support from all the cast members and isn't alone or most relient on KITT. He runs to Sara more than KITT. KITT is the ultimate car of the little cute couple who just can't admit they want to be togther. BLECH!

The constant leading towards Sara and Michael being coupled is on the horizon and IMHO...I just find that very lame and ridiculous. Last nights epi just moved it more towards putting them together. Michael works along with Sara and isn't on his own at all. Bruce Davison wasn't even used last night. I thought the story for last nights epi was okay but, I'm just not caring at all about the direction the show is in. Last nights episode would have been so much better if Michael had to totally rely on KITT and Davison's character to save him, not annoying Sara. We never get the chance to connect with KITT b/c of so many other characters being focused on.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:28 pm

had some great nods to TOS. I see they even had the classic "speed the film up to make the cars look faster" LOL

They also had sparks from the bullets (on the road beside Kitt)

Did anyone else think the transformation from the Van looked hokey? Actually to be honest I think the whole transformation to other vehicles needs to go. But that would really be my only critisisum of this episode.

I like that this was more about Micheal and Kitt and that Kitt actually was thinking and doing for himself. Thats what KR should be.

All in all, a good episode. :D
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

youbelong
Rookie

Post by youbelong » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:28 pm

Well, the more That advances, the more it is of the big anything! The mode van and the kitt attack mode it is of anything!

Garry in fact in the head, he does not take account of the pilot by saying that that this was rotten but at least the pilot had made a succes what is in no way the case of his new series!! I believed that in mode attack car doors opened only in Height??? I includes more too much the frenzy! frankly this new series disappoints me, not Forgiveness it is not even any more a series, I shall have to say rather the biggest Publicity never made for a mark of car frankly, we had understood well that the series was sponsored by FORD so this show is not knight rider is team knight rider or viper

JustinMacri
Rookie

Post by JustinMacri » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:13 pm

Well all we can do is just like the show GST is doing all he can to make it good. Just be glad we have the theme and the Turbo Boost.

Justin
How do I know you're not from CONTROL?
If I were from CONTROL, you'd already be dead.
If you were from CONTROL, YOU'D already be dead.
Neither of us is dead, so I'm obviously not from CONTROL.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:29 pm

PLEASE TRANSLATE:
Well, the more That advances, the more it is of the big anything! The mode van and the kitt attack mode it is of anything!

Garry in fact in the head, he does not take account of the pilot by saying that that this was rotten but at least the pilot had made a succes what is in no way the case of his new series!! I believed that in mode attack car doors opened only in Height??? I includes more too much the frenzy! frankly this new series disappoints me, not Forgiveness it is not even any more a series, I shall have to say rather the biggest Publicity never made for a mark of car frankly, we had understood well that the series was sponsored by FORD so this show is not knight rider is team knight rider or viper

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:36 pm

Joe Huth wrote:Woo Hoo! Grappling Hook is back!

Joe
Indeed! :good: :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :good:
Mango19 wrote:
Kram061-1 wrote:The old KITT would never sustain damage from bullets. :twisted: :evil: :roll:
The old KITT, like this KITT, would sustain damage (and gain and lose abilities) whenever it was convenient for the writers. Please.
Indeed but the haters complains will never cease... :roll:

KITT was the one doing the driving when Sarah was inside not her so those that are or were bitching about that can stop that and find something else to hate as always, Me personally I loved the mission impossible refferences and Am I the only one that liked when KITT tried to cover for Michael and Sarah in the end? 8)

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:51 pm

If KITT was driving when she was sitting in there, how come she was turning the steering wheel?

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:55 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:If KITT was driving when she was sitting in there, how come she was turning the steering wheel?
She was not even sitting in the driver's seat Michael was, KITT was doing the driving when they were persuing the SUV not Sarah rewatch the episode! :roll:

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:04 pm

No I am talking about other episodes until now, but even in this episode, Sarah insists she has to put her 2 cents in to everything. She should just work on the car, and that's it.
I like the show overall btw

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:33 pm

Glissard wrote:I'm psyched to see Knight Rider back on the air and I'm really trying to like it. But this was a tough episode to watch. I'm tired of this being Team Knight Rider with one car. One man can't make a difference when the rest of the crew won't leave him alone.

We are a movie and four episodes into this series and these characters are still incredibly shallow. With quotes like "Taste like cherries", passive aggressive attitudes, and a bunch of sexual Innuendos thrown in each week, it's getting old quick. We get it. Everyone in the cave needs to get laid. As an audience member I really want to care about these characters. Give these characters some intelligence, personality, and depth. PLEAE! If we are going to be introduced to them, they deserve it. Otherwise, why should we care about them. They are given the bat cave to use and no one can find the light switch. I hate to say it, but if these characters can't grow, I wouldn't mind seeing the cave nuked in the season finally. Give us only a few survivors and get FLAG back up and running with the semi.

Also, am I right in thinking Deena Russo could care less about the show? She looks stress or pissed with every scenes she's in. I don't see how Michael could even have feelings for her character. I think she's mad.

Sorry, I'm coming off my turbo boost here. Any thoughts? :D

Your absolutely right.

youbelong
Rookie

Post by youbelong » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:46 pm

[quote="Kram061-1"]PLEASE TRANSLATE: In every episode of this show we have nothing with knight ride the transformation mode as one gate or a police car is rédiculous and useless this 2008 version disappoint me a lot please stop the transformation mode that kills the show this serie is not knight rider it is team knight rider please return to the classic concept like the tv movie :kitt: :good:

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:28 pm

yeah, you got that right. :mrgreen: :wink: :|

KamenRider
Recruit

Post by KamenRider » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:08 pm

Rivai was back. ..meh. The show was going fine without her.

Interesting plot for the episode but I'm still feeling a little like KITT is taking a backseat to the pitt crew. We need to boil this down to one commander, two techies (counting Sarah) and Mike and KITT in the field. I mean while I enjoy Kilmers voice and there have been a few good scenes I feel like I know Zoe better than I know KITT.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:46 pm

cloudkitt wrote:It's funny the bipolar-ness of the board. After the pilot everyone groaned, we were pretty excited after the second episode. Knight of the Iguana had us thinking the show was as good as cancelled again. And now we're optimistic again, lol.
Ah...yes.KRO is a very,very bipolar board. :lol:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

calhoun24
Recruit

Post by calhoun24 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:11 pm

KamenRider wrote:Interesting plot for the episode but I'm still feeling a little like KITT is taking a backseat to the pitt crew. We need to boil this down to one commander, two techies (counting Sarah) and Mike and KITT in the field. I mean while I enjoy Kilmers voice and there have been a few good scenes I feel like I know Zoe better than I know KITT.
I have to agree in some respects, since there seem to be so many characters that they all need time on screen, but they are trying to make it work.

Torres is OK, but I would prefer Charles eventually taking over as the team leader, with Revai only on for an occasional FBI-funded mission. I agree that there should be two techies only (with all due respect, it feels like Zoe is only there to torture Billy), with Sarah being the head techie, along with Mike and the Knight 3000.

But this episode did do well with respect to quality in many respects.

I'm willing to let it ride a little more...to the end, if I have to.
"One man can make a difference." - Wilton Knight
Long live Wilton's dream and F.L.A.G.!

RobWolf
Rookie

Post by RobWolf » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:16 pm

Hmmm

Yet another terrible plot (with the 'racing against a virus' idea neatly pinched from Escape from LA); ironically, the 'Iranian Physicist' plot at the end actually sounded good, why couldn't we have had that?
Still far too much team highjinks in the Lame Cave, the 'RC3 twins' (term coined by me, right here!) are really, REALLY irritating me, oh and was that some rubber mask stolen from 'Mission: Impossible'? Quite possibly.

And every time I think I'm warming to the car (even in Attack mode, but lose the neon lights and the turbocharger), we get more OTT transformations. A big van, and a Police Car. You know, I bet if it transformed into a bright pink kiddie's pedal car, the "fans" would still not complain.

Bring on KARR and old KITT before I kill myself!

RobWolf
Rookie

Post by RobWolf » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:48 pm

Oh and the doors plot hole. Normal mode: normal doors. Attack Mode: 'Lambo' doors EXCEPT apparently if there is a plot hole in which case the doors can open normally, so then why have a different door mechanism at all?

kittxthexcat
Rookie

Post by kittxthexcat » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:03 pm

RobWolf wrote:Oh and the doors plot hole. Normal mode: normal doors. Attack Mode: 'Lambo' doors EXCEPT apparently if there is a plot hole in which case the doors can open normally, so then why have a different door mechanism at all?

Kitt apparently said that he can open them normally so that he appears 'normal' and doesn't attract attention. I kinda missed that line, but that's what everybody else said happened :P
---
Kitt the Cat, but you can call me Spiff.

Billy: "I just ask cause it sounds like Kitt's making you his bitch..."
Mike: "Get back to the math BILLY!"

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:06 pm

Put the word out!
Tell everyone you know to boycott the show: Wednesday 8/7 Central on NBC.
If it bleeds ratings, we can kill it!
WOW!!! Ease up man!! Relax.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:07 pm

RobWolf wrote:I bet if it transformed into a bright pink kiddie's pedal car, the "fans" would still not complain.
Um.. Excuse me! If you spend 5 minutes looking through these forums you'll see that plenty of "fans" are complaining about the transformations along with other aspects of the show, including ones you've mentioned.

I suggest you take a few minutes to get your facts straight with regard to what the "fans" are saying about this show because the transformations are a sore point for a lot of fans.
Bring on KARR and old KITT before I kill myself!
This isn't the old show and in reality I really doubt that the old show would survive in todays television world.
TV shows have changed and of coarse any new KR show is going to be written and filmed in line with how TV shows are currently done. to expect anything else is stupid.

What they can do though, is keep the formula of the old show in tact. Once they figure that out and start doing it, we'll have a good show on our hands.

This episode was the closest we've seen so far to the original KR formula.
Oh and the doors plot hole. Normal mode: normal doors. Attack Mode: 'Lambo' doors EXCEPT apparently if there is a plot hole in which case the doors can open normally, so then why have a different door mechanism at all?
If you'd actually paid attention you would have heard Kitt say "the doors will open normally to provide protection from the bullets"
Put the word out!
Tell everyone you know to boycott the show: Wednesday 8/7 Central on NBC.
If it bleeds ratings, we can kill it!
Wow! Maybe you should take that hate somewhere it'll be appreciated. Voicing your dislike for the show and stating your reasons is one thing, but outright advocating hate, isn't right man... chill out, it's only a TV show dude. :D

:kitt2:
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:35 am

the only exciting part of the whole show was when they used the grappling hook, other than that it was a pretty lame episode, kitt and mike went back to the kitt cave way too much, they have gone way too far with the transformations a van and a police car give me a break!, whats next, are they going to make kitt transform into a motorcycle or maybe a bus. also what happened to turbo boost? they had it in the first two episodes and we haven't seen it since. i'm sick and tired of seeing sarah come to mikes rescue, kitt should be the one coming to mikes rescue. i gotta say this show is getting more rediculous as it goes along. :evil:
in glen larson we trust.