Live Discussion Thread: A Hard Day's Knight

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Live Discussion Thread: A Hard Day's Knight

Post by Joe Huth » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:08 pm

Woo Hoo! Grappling Hook is back!

Joe
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:14 pm

The old KITT would never sustain damage from bullets. :twisted: :evil: :roll:

Mango19
Rookie

Post by Mango19 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:15 pm

KITT Season 4 wrote:i like the way KITT could turn into a Van and the police car and the mission impossible referces. But where was the stuff of Michael's past? Guess we were misinformed about that
NBC brass bailed on the flashback scenes (you can pretty much see where they were supposed to go) that dealt with Mike's past as "too dark." Pity.

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:16 pm

I miss the days when KITT could CATCH vehicles!
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EdwardKnoxII
Operative

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:19 pm

Did anyone notice how when they took the bad guy to the SSC he WASN'T blindfolded or anything. Way to keep it hush hush.

And for how they got the info out of him. I guess he's not much into rides cause I was thinking that looked fun. I'd be like "YEAH faster guys come on."

Mango19
Rookie

Post by Mango19 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:19 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:The old KITT would never sustain damage from bullets. :twisted: :evil: :roll:
The old KITT, like this KITT, would sustain damage (and gain and lose abilities) whenever it was convenient for the writers. Please.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:23 pm

well, yeah, that is true

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:25 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:The old KITT would never sustain damage from bullets. :twisted: :evil: :roll:
The old Kitt got damaged in the pilot episode, ends up being towed back to Flag HQ while Devon berates Michael saying "only YOU could have dented this car..."

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:29 pm

Well I was impressed with tonight's episode. It had the slow start but wrapped up good. I would like to know who's 97 Eclipse was used. One of the first imports on the show that wasn't worth more than 30K$! A very cheap car to wreck :). What I think is hilarious is why does KITT have a crappy 20$ defibrillator in the car!!! Then the thing craps out and KITT has to do the job anyways?!? I bet he get's a flat tire next episode and Sarah/Mike has to get out the slime or a spare :). The grappling hook was done well with ripping out the axle of the Chebby. Also another gripe though the antidote formulation took way to long the analysis should have just allowed KITT to copy it and spit out a syringe instead of having Sarah "Save's Mikes life" by the time she had it Mike had been dead 5 min. Well to bad Obwawmama is going to make us wait 2 weeks for the next episode but the anticipation makes a better story :).

BTW Neps thanks for posting the George Barris Interviews and No More Kings Video. They where great :thumbswayup:

This is why this is my new KR Home!!!
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

kittxthexcat
Rookie

Post by kittxthexcat » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:34 pm

Ha, Kitt drivin' around with donut wheels XD That would be great. When did he use the grappling hook!? How did I totally miss that! That was one of my favorite Kitt 'tools' -pout-

This episode is so far the best one IMO ^.^
---
Kitt the Cat, but you can call me Spiff.

Billy: "I just ask cause it sounds like Kitt's making you his bitch..."
Mike: "Get back to the math BILLY!"

n1elkyfan
Recruit

Post by n1elkyfan » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:35 pm

I loved the police car and how he used the cop laptop to display his "eye"

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:37 pm

I miss the days when KITT could CATCH vehicles!
yup
I did like the Police Car though.

Abrivasu
Stranger

Post by Abrivasu » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:41 pm

does anyone know the name of the artis and song that was playing when sarah went into micheals room and buttoned up his shirt for him

ex812
Recruit

Post by ex812 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:42 pm

Anyone remember the Tuflex cotaed bullets from Knight In Retreat that were capable of blowing KITTs tires. Yes, even the old KITT had limitations. Heat being a major one. THe Molecular bonded shell more than likely would not have survived the fire in the pilot episode.

KnightRiderFan1051
Recruit

Post by KnightRiderFan1051 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:19 pm

KITT as a Police Car HELLLLLLLLL YEAH!!!!! wayyyyy effin coool

he looked better then barricade in the Transformers movie lol very damn cooool
Mike B
KnightRiderFan1051

kittxthexcat
Rookie

Post by kittxthexcat » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:23 pm

Didn't Kitt say the bullets had charges in them? I'm pretty sure you can still blow nano's up...
---
Kitt the Cat, but you can call me Spiff.

Billy: "I just ask cause it sounds like Kitt's making you his bitch..."
Mike: "Get back to the math BILLY!"

Mango19
Rookie

Post by Mango19 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:23 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:well, yeah, that is true
:wink:

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:51 pm

LOVED IT!!!!!!! lots of homage to the original! KITT chasing a SUV with a big hi-tech gun in the back firing at him, Michael being poisoned and almost dying, Michael calling KITT to come pick him up, and KITT responding w/ somethin like "on my way Michael" and rushing to him, and a few other things that i can't think of right now but all in all, GREAT EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!

i also noticed when KITT was rotating that he had the big KR on the bottom of him and he wasn't even in Attack Mode. also i noticed when he was in Attack Mode in the parking garage, and it showed a camera shot from his hood of Mike and Sarah inside and his roof had the stripes like in regular/Hero mode, and correct me if i'm wrong on this one but isn't he supposed to have just a plain black roof w/ no stripes while in Attack Mode?

another thing, when KITT was goin in that parkin garage, i got nostalgic, thinkin he was gonna turbo boost off the top level onto another parkin garage or another building or somethin

Glissard
Recruit

Post by Glissard » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:01 pm

I'm psyched to see Knight Rider back on the air and I'm really trying to like it. But this was a tough episode to watch. I'm tired of this being Team Knight Rider with one car. One man can't make a difference when the rest of the crew won't leave him alone.

We are a movie and four episodes into this series and these characters are still incredibly shallow. With quotes like "Taste like cherries", passive aggressive attitudes, and a bunch of sexual Innuendos thrown in each week, it's getting old quick. We get it. Everyone in the cave needs to get laid. As an audience member I really want to care about these characters. Give these characters some intelligence, personality, and depth. PLEAE! If we are going to be introduced to them, they deserve it. Otherwise, why should we care about them. They are given the bat cave to use and no one can find the light switch. I hate to say it, but if these characters can't grow, I wouldn't mind seeing the cave nuked in the season finally. Give us only a few survivors and get FLAG back up and running with the semi.

Also, am I right in thinking Deena Russo could care less about the show? She looks stress or pissed with every scenes she's in. I don't see how Michael could even have feelings for her character. I think she's mad.

Sorry, I'm coming off my turbo boost here. Any thoughts? :D

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:23 pm

Any thoughts? :D
Yes
One man can't make a difference when the rest of the crew won't leave him alone.
The Hoff told Mike something about one man making a difference in the movie. What happened?
We are a movie and four episodes into this series and these characters are still incredibly shallow. With quotes like "Taste like cherries", passive aggressive attitudes, and a bunch of sexual Innuendos thrown in each week, it's getting old quick. We get it. Everyone in the cave needs to get laid. As an audience member I really want to care about these characters. Give these characters some intelligence, personality, and depth. PLEA(s)E! If we are going to be introduced to them, they deserve it. Otherwise, why should we care about them.
I'm finding it VERY VERY hard to care about these characters in this show, they're very weak to say the least. I do like the kid that plays Mike,at least he appears to be interested in even being there. I cannot understand the sarcasm and stupid comments when some one is in real trouble, like being terminally poisoned :?: In this particular episode, being that Mike was poisoned, I could understand his comments, it's everyone else's obnoxious comments I get annoyed with, there is no concern, not even the concern or humanity that the average person would have for a co-worker. Billy is usually tolerable, but a guy is dying and he's worried about some silly stupid Tech-Trade-Show Convention....What gives?
Also, I happen to like KITT as a Mustang, but if they're so afraid they're gonna scratch it, so as they won't do a car chase for more than four seconds, than get another vehicle.

Spidey323
Recruit

Post by Spidey323 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:35 pm

All I have to say about this episode is, "THAT'S MORE LIKE IT!!!"
I loved every minute of it! Keep up the fantastic work, guys! :good:
"With great power comes great responsibility - we all have the power to choose, and the choices we make define who we are, and who we will become."

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:01 am

What I think is hilarious is why does KITT have a crappy 20$ defibrillator in the car!!! Then the thing craps out and KITT has to do the job anyways?!? I bet he get's a flat tire next episode and Sarah/Mike has to get out the slime or a spare
Um, not sure where you got your information about this but you obviously didn't do any research. Those compact AEDs (Automated External Defibrilators) cost anywhere from roughly $1300 to $2800 a pop, so they're definitely not cheap nor crappy. In an emergency situation where someone's heart has stopped, that's your best chance of getting it started again quickly and without hurting someone permanently. And the AED didn't "crap out," they all take a set amount of time between releasing their charges and building up another charge before you can use them safely again. The timing is there his reason but also because most AEDs will also diagnose whether the patient is in shockable rhythm and/or whether regular CPR should be given before administering another shock.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

TwilightPro101
Recruit

Post by TwilightPro101 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:25 am

Spidey323 wrote:All I have to say about this episode is, "THAT'S MORE LIKE IT!!!"
I loved every minute of it! Keep up the fantastic work, guys! :good:
Sums up how I feel on things.

tunerboy101
Volunteer

Post by tunerboy101 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:25 am

This was a great episode! I loved the fact that the grappling hook ripped the rear axle off of the car.
Less Sarah driving KI3T was great to!
Overall good episode, that needs little fine tuning

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:37 am

I unfortunately had to miss the episode, any idea when episodes get posted to the web? It's not up yet.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"