Episode 12: 'Knight to King's Rook' Spoilers

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

AzBat360
Recruit

Re: Episode 12: 'Knight to King's Rook' Spoilers

Post by AzBat360 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:28 pm

Didn't they say that the orb was actually KITT? Maybe the orb gets replaced with a KARR orb if they stole the KITT orb? Or maybe they put the KITT orb in KARR's TransAm if only the Mustang gets stolen?

Tommy McClain

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by weeezl » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:53 pm

hehe this is funny......

It is Spoiler Tv, after all lol

Thats why you need Spoiler tags and any comments made, covered in a huge dollop of sarcastic sauce lol :lol:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Re: CONFIRMED! KARR Returns!!

Post by Sue » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:18 pm

:shock:
Oooh I hope they do a good job with this one.. It could be great or it could be campy.
Joe Huth wrote:Mods: If you'd like, you can change the title of this thread to, "Episode 12: 'Knight to King's Rook' Spoilers". Thanks!

Joe
Knight to King's Pawn isn't it?
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:21 pm

It's a casting sheet so yeah, it is. Though of course plans can change until they actually start shooting. I really hope this is done well and right...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:40 pm

it wouldn't make any sense to swap KITT with KARR's CPU......how could they fight each other ? It would take all the excitement away....... :?:

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:25 am

Kram061-1 wrote:it wouldn't make any sense to swap KITT with KARR's CPU......how could they fight each other ? It would take all the excitement away....... :?:
Wouldn't that be a perfect way to bring back the original KITT and MK Sr. to help? With the Knight 3000 disabled, it makes sense why the original team would come back. Plus, the original KITT had an out of body experience of two in his time... it only makes sense to do that with the new one once or twice.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:05 am

There are lots of ways they could go with this:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
There is nothing in there to say that K.A.R.R.'s body hasn't been reassembled over the years, which could leave the way for a confrontation with the Knight 3000, or maybe even the Knight 3000 and Knight 2000.
As I said before, I think what's most likely is that K.A.R.R.'s CPU is reactivated in the Knight 3000. Then you can riff on the Trust Doesn't Rust "I do not wish to go back to the slammer"/be deactivated again themes -- he has a new body again after all these years, and isn't going to give it up without a fight. Mike then has the double mission of retrieving K.I.T.T.'s stolen CPU and stopping the "K.A.R.R. 3000".
Whatever happens, I agree that this would be the perfect beginning to a story arc that brings back the original Michael and K.I.T.T., but we will just have to wait and see.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:23 am

KnightCrusader99 wrote:
Kram061-1 wrote:it wouldn't make any sense to swap KITT with KARR's CPU......how could they fight each other ? It would take all the excitement away....... :?:
Wouldn't that be a perfect way to bring back the original KITT and MK Sr. to help? With the Knight 3000 disabled, it makes sense why the original team would come back. Plus, the original KITT had an out of body experience of two in his time... it only makes sense to do that with the new one once or twice.
I was thinking the same thing.Maybe they might do an out of body experience for KI3T and make him "portable" as in soul survivor and do a kitt vs karr all in one episode.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:17 am

It could be an important storyline for fans of TOS who all want MK snr and Kitt snr to return. It would be a good way of giving those characters some kind of closure.

I realise that may sound like blasphemy or something in the KR world but it needs to be done to give the new series a new lease of life for the next generation. Ki2t in the original t/a body (although i would prefer on of the later gen bodies for Ki2t because we know he always wanted to remain 'up to date' looking) competing against KARR in the mustang body, would come off second best. Essentially giving his life to damage KARR enough for the mustang body to be recovered and have ki3t re installed.

Ive just remembered what GST said at comic con. "i dont see why we can't have the 2 CARS side by side" he never mentioned that it would be the 2 KITTS....

Trendane
Recruit

Post by Trendane » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:04 pm

Then there's the aspect of KARR / KITT (original) being non-Ford vehicles. Would Ford allow a Pontiac to show up and save the day?

And, in the two-hour thingie....didn't we see KITT's CPU laying on the workbench in the beginning? Who would've been heartless enough to 'kill' him?

One of my biggest worries is that the only way that KI3T and KARR could 'fight it out', would be on an electronic battlefield. (which would SUCK....but it would make an easy way to give the cast some time off while all the digital work was done)

KI3T is more advanced, but KARR is more experienced and has had more time to develop and learn. Also, would KI3T consider another AI a living thing? Would he be capable of destroying/killing KARR in such a circumstance? And, if he does, how would the knowledge that he *is* capable of killing affect him?

Awww crep!....I just had what could be a very cool idea for how this whole thing gets started. I'd love to write it out in a post...but I don't know where to post it so that it won't dump spoilers on people who don't want to see this thread. (Ordinarily, I wouldn't post my script/story ideas in a forum such as this since it would rapidly become unusable as unsolicited material.....but I suspect they already have their own idea for how this is going to play out)
--
Trendane
Looking at the future...in retrospect.

Drifty
Rookie

Post by Drifty » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:19 pm

KI3T is more advanced, but KARR is more experienced and has had more time to develop and learn. Also, would KI3T consider another AI a living thing? Would he be capable of destroying/killing KARR in such a circumstance? And, if he does, how would the knowledge that he *is* capable of killing affect him?
Hi all, in response to this.....didn't Ki2t do this? I mean at the end of Kitt vs Karr, they turbo boosted into each other. Kitt wasn't affected by this because he & Michael knew that if they let Karr win, Karr would've continued his path of destruction. What I'm basically saying is that if the K2000 wasn't affected, surely the K3000 wouldn't be because they have the same core program which is to preserve human life. Does this make sense?

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:29 pm

Ok sounds good and I can't wait to see how this turns out, now here are some things I would like to point out:

- This is episode 12 that KARR would be returning so I assume they will have the new 4 scripts for some room for MK & KI2T to return.
- This could also be a good idea to help create something to bring back both MK & KI2T.
- They probably have to steal KITT because they need his parts or maybe this:
Maybe the KITT they are speaking about is actually KI2T and they need him to re activate KARR using his body?
or
The KI3T is stolen and then KI2T has to return to help bring back KARR and the fact they will use KI3T's body for KARR's CPU?
Joe

viper_defender
Recruit

Post by viper_defender » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:44 pm

Call me nuts here... But if Karr Returns in the 'Stang what are they gonna use to store Ki2t Processor? The old T-Top perhaps? If they do.. Why not update old technology? I would love to see the Ki2t shell have a projection screen and the MBS kick behind...

Or they could bring back the EVIL updated T-Top with Karr Inside.
Knight Rider 1984
Viper 1994
Knight Rider 2008
Men and Machines that make a Difference!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRzKrzXod6Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; See how the Morph!

MJknight
Operative

Post by MJknight » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:35 pm

Ok, this is not exactly how I imagined they would bring Knight Industries Two Thousand back, but the mere fact that KARR is being brought back from the abyss will make for a good story.

And I think I speak for all of us when I ask these questions: how has KARR managed to stay active after all this time? and who would've found and maintaned him for all these 24 years?
One Man Can Make A Difference - Wilton Knight

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:50 pm

JJSoCrazy wrote:Ok sounds good and I can't wait to see how this turns out, now here are some things I would like to point out:
Maybe the KITT they are speaking about is actually KI2T and they need him to re activate KARR using his body?
Joe
Actually, that would be pretty cool.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:57 pm

YAY!! KARR IS COMING BACK!!! :karr: :karr: :karr:

I'm sure everyone KNOWS how much I been WAITING for this!! :)

I too hope they do it right, and I'm sure they will. I'll definitely be looking forward to this episode!

MikeLutton
Operative

Post by MikeLutton » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:22 pm

is this really happening or is this fan fiction kind fo chat just wondering thanks

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:36 pm

[JACK HURST]
In his 40s, contemptuous, corrupt, and determined, he's a badass NSA Commander who knew Sarah's father and oversaw funding for Knight Industries. He sweeps in with his task force, shuts down the SSC, removes KITT's chip and steals KITT for his own,nefarious purposes, ...GUEST STAR. SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES

I must have missed that, duh

Guess that says it all..........

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:21 am

The best idea would be for the guy to take KI3T and convert it into KARR-3 (sorry for the name) and then for KI2T to make a return where he was forced to destroy KARR-3. KI3T would then have to be rebuilt in episode 13, with all the dash upgrade goodness we all wanted to see. Since episode 13 would be talking about FLAG, I reckon it would be good if that episodes shows answers and flashbacks regarding FLAG while they are rebuilding KI3T. Would be fun too if KI2T is there and he gives his suggestions on how to rebuilt KI3T...

KI2T: "A HUD touchsreen on the windscreen? Michael, why didn't I have that one?"
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Re: KARR!!!!!! [Big Spoilers]

Post by pheonix_knight » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:25 am

DrWho2005 wrote:Anyone know if Peter Cullen is busy around that time?
If he voices KARR and says 'transform' then my boy will go spastic.
If he was in the Transformers movie then I doubt GM would let him voice a ford sponsored product

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:28 am

Does anyone know if this episode was planned BEFORE the announcement of the extra 4 scripts?

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:41 am

pheonix_knight wrote:Does anyone know if this episode was planned BEFORE the announcement of the extra 4 scripts?
Sure. They've been hinting about K.A.R.R. since Comic-Con, and it's a sure thing that between plotting and writing the script, it's been in development for a while now.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Re: KARR!!!!!! [Big Spoilers]

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:45 am

pheonix_knight wrote:If he was in the Transformers movie then I doubt GM would let him voice a ford sponsored product
Sadly, that might be the case. K.A.R.R.'s other voice artiste, Paul Frees (who provided the voice in "K.I.T.T. Vs. K.A.R.R.") passed away in 1986, so it's likely K.A.R.R. will have another new voice in this one...
- Paul

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:06 am

BlueChaos wrote:The best idea would be for the guy to take KI3T and convert it into KARR-3 (sorry for the name) and then for KI2T to make a return where he was forced to destroy KARR-3. KI3T would then have to be rebuilt in episode 13, with all the dash upgrade goodness we all wanted to see. Since episode 13 would be talking about FLAG, I reckon it would be good if that episodes shows answers and flashbacks regarding FLAG while they are rebuilding KI3T. Would be fun too if KI2T is there and he gives his suggestions on how to rebuilt KI3T...

KI2T: "A HUD touchsreen on the windscreen? Michael, why didn't I have that one?"
Very good thinking!!!!! I like this idea and it incorporates what I stated before a few posts up. I stated how this will lead to the return of FLAG, MK, KI2T.

Joe

Infinitymurph
Stranger

Post by Infinitymurph » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:13 pm

I don't think GM will have a say in Pete Cullen appearing as K.A.R.R. - and it would be hard for him NOT to have time to do the voice work. If they're going to go back and make this the same K.A.R.R. from before, it only makes sense to have Cullen voice it.

As for this being the perfect way to bring back TOS Michael and KITT...yeah that would be awesome.

Unless, of course, the plan is to bring in The Hoff as Garth...