Episode 12: 'Knight to King's Rook' Spoilers

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Episode 12: 'Knight to King's Rook' Spoilers

Post by WIBoomer1 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:41 pm

Not trying to make this into a Corvette forum, but there's a good history of what Corvette's are made of...

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/ ... adid=19717" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it makes it sound like it is a newer version of fiberglass, not Polyurethane...

now if we could only get a thread of what KITTs are made of...sugar, spice, and 99.99% kick ass?

LOL

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:34 pm

I was watching something the other day on I think the Discovery Channel where this guy followed a Corvette being built. IIRC, the body is fiberglass and only the bumper and fender are carbon fiber.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

n1elkyfan
Recruit

Post by n1elkyfan » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:51 pm

I've actually heald the parts in my hands as I was bolting them on and off and the bumpers are made of Polyurethane. The rest of the car is made of fiberglass. Even the floor. And it makes one big mess when one is rearended.

adamtrek
Recruit

Post by adamtrek » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:08 am

That's just another reason if you own a Vette that you should always be going faster than the car behind you. :twisted:
Watching KITT turbo boost since 1982.

Samborghini
Rookie

Post by Samborghini » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:43 pm

K.A.R.R.'s return is an interesting point but let's go back to the beginning, last time we saw K.A.R.R. (not counting the 2 video games) we saw him destroyed with only his modulator flickering, now if he is in the new Knight Rider K.A.R.R. will either be the same computer OR a completely new AI. If K.A.R.R. is the original and the story that K.I.T.T. gets stolen is true, the question is would K.A.R.R. WANT to help recover K.I.T.T.? After all the Foundation did just leave him, whereas if it's a new K.A.R.R. then surely the Foundation wouldn't have made the same mistake again?
A very interesting topic but all we can do really is wait. :karr:
Protecting the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:09 pm

Samborghini wrote: the question is would K.A.R.R. WANT to help recover K.I.T.T.?
OK, let's look at this logically...there would be no K3000 without the K2000, and hence, no K2000 without the Knight Automated Roving Robot.

There would not be another KARR in between the K2000 and K3000...a K2500? isn't that a truck? It'd be like calling another ship the Titanic...bad juju my friend.

So it's the old 1982ish KARR CPU that was left for garbage pulsing at the end of KITT vs. KARR, that will be put into the K3000 shell...guaranteed.

End of Line

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:43 am

So it's the old 1982ish KARR CPU that was left for garbage pulsing at the end of KITT vs. KARR, that will be put into the K3000 shell...guaranteed.
How do you know this for sure? If they're going to install the old processor, Karr would have to face some real hard competition. In other words Karr's processor would be like an old Intel Pentium 1 against my Intel Core 2 Quad (Q6600)! He would stand no chance against Ki3t!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Jay
Rookie

Post by Jay » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:50 am

Oh, he would. Don't forget that the original KITT outsourced a lot of calculations and operations to the Knight 2000's onboard computer - KARR could also have some extra upgrades for that extra processing power.

What matters with the AI is not just the software - you can't just upload KARR into a random PC, it's also the CPU architecture. It's not one core and some RAM, it's something much more complex. That's why, even after all this time, something like the KARR CPU is still quite valuable, and with extra additions could be a match for the new KITT.
"Alright Mr. KITT, let's burn some rubber!" Knight Song

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:21 am

Knight-Armen wrote: How do you know this for sure? If they're going to install the old processor, Karr would have to face some real hard competition. In other words Karr's processor would be like an old Intel Pentium 1 against my Intel Core 2 Quad (Q6600)! He would stand no chance against Ki3t!
KARR is NOT going head to head with Ki3t, or at least not in the way we expect. KARR is being installed in Ki3t's mustang body. This storyline looks like being more of an amalgamation of "soul survivor" and the KARR storylines...

KARR wouldnt even be a pentium 1, more like a 286 or something lesser...

QUESTION/NOTE to the VFX team: we see on Ki3t's voice modulator all the blue numbers/letters and general characters which are there to show Ki3t 'processing' several thousand pieces of information per minute. To show the difference in processor power, is this going to be made to look 'less busy when KARR is installed...??'

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:25 pm

Not to mention that it better be a yellowish green. :D
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KITT Season 4
Rookie

Post by KITT Season 4 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:51 pm

New Info :
viewtopic.php?f=1048&t=12808" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:43 pm

i posted the majority of this originally in the EP 13 thread, but thought maybe it should go here as well:

There was something interesting on the new Knight Research website from NBC...if you look under Charles' profile, it says that he worked with an Ryan Arrow on the "prototype of the Knight Industries Three Thousand"...

http://www.knightindustriesresearch.com ... bbbfbc1147" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

in doing some more digging, IMDB shows that Ryan Arrow was played by Jeffrey Pierce, in "Journey to the End of the Knight"...I watched the ep online today, and did not see this character portrayed or Jeffrey Pierce's name in the credits...Please let me know if i missed it by accident.

I thought it was more interesting that it's stated that there was a prototype to KI3T...maybe they are redoing the history to get a modern mustang KARR vs the known KARR CPU...and if so, i will stand corrected.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:58 pm

WIBoomer1 wrote:i posted the majority of this originally in the EP 13 thread, but thought maybe it should go here as well:

There was something interesting on the new Knight Research website from NBC...if you look under Charles' profile, it says that he worked with an Ryan Arrow on the "prototype of the Knight Industries Three Thousand"...

http://www.knightindustriesresearch.com ... bbbfbc1147" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

in doing some more digging, IMDB shows that Ryan Arrow was played by Jeffrey Pierce, in "Journey to the End of the Knight"...I watched the ep online today, and did not see this character portrayed or Jeffrey Pierce's name in the credits...Please let me know if i missed it by accident.

I thought it was more interesting that it's stated that there was a prototype to KI3T...maybe they are redoing the history to get a modern mustang KARR vs the known KARR CPU...and if so, i will stand corrected.
'

Ah ha! A prototype KI3T!!!! This is where KARR will come into play now I assume. Kinda like remaking the whole Trust Doesn't Rust thing. This will be very interesting...

Joe

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:45 am

WIBoomer1 wrote:There was something interesting on the new Knight Research website from NBC...if you look under Charles' profile, it says that he worked with an Ryan Arrow on the "prototype of the Knight Industries Three Thousand"...

Ryan Arrow, played by Jeffrey Pierce, will appear in the episode "Knight Fever".
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

youbelong
Rookie

Post by youbelong » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:17 am

big news karr is back i hope karr killed sarah & zoé in this episode :mrgreen:
Attachments
karr1.jpg
karr1.jpg (11.85 KiB) Viewed 42399 times

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:23 pm

Tonight's episode Knight of the Living Dead reveals that maybe it's KITT's CPU program (and not the essense of who he is) that is going to be installed in KARR. See the Knight of the LIving Dead discussion thread!

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:55 pm

youbelong wrote:big news karr is back i hope karr killed sarah & zoé in this episode :mrgreen:
dont you think thats a little too far?
at first you were just annoying, now you're an ***
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

_K.I.R.R_
Volunteer

Post by _K.I.R.R_ » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:54 pm

its a new karr cause the old one was destroyed.
my family of cars knight industries roving robot, knight industries lone loathing electronic robot, Dynamic Automated Robot Karr Utility System, Dynamic Electronic Automated Two Hundred.

Samborghini
Rookie

Post by Samborghini » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:46 am

Hey I think you guys should check out this new Wikipedia entry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KARR_(Knight_Rider_2008" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
let us know what you think :karr:
Protecting the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:41 pm

I wonder who's going to be doing the voice for "K.A.R.R." this time around?
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:06 am

Stealthwalker wrote:I wonder who's going to be doing the voice for "K.A.R.R." this time around?
I hope it's Optimus Pri- I mean Peter Cullen! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:53 pm

Why, if this series is a 'continuation' of the 80s' namesake, would they repeat the mistake of the 'self preservation' program???

I hope it is the same KARR AI but i fear as the acronym has now changed slightly (Knight Auto-cybernetic Roving Robot-exoskeleton) that it is going to be a new creation entirely, which brings me back to my original question

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:00 pm

Stealthwalker wrote:I wonder who's going to be doing the voice for "K.A.R.R." this time around?
In the casting call, theres no mention of KARR (e) so i'm going to guess that as Ki3t is being removed from the mustang and Karr being installed, that Val Kilmer will be doing the job...

original_cruz
Volunteer

Post by original_cruz » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:53 am

I just caught up with "Knight of the Living Dead" on hulu yesterday, and I gotta say...KARR's schematics make him look like a freaking Metal Gear (a videogame franchise if you're not familiar with the name). Not sure I'm crazy about that given how much I liked the KITT vs KARR premise from the old days. Definitely gonna be a VFX-heavy episode when we see that thing in action. Maybe KR'08's producers should have Michael Bay direct, lol.
KITT is stolen so his dangerous robotic counterpart, KARR, can be re-activated...
Seems to me like KARR from the schematics has been built (based off a Mustang Shelby like KI3T after him), and already did some serious damage (7 people killed so far). Someone here already mentioned that KARR was probably in Iraq, and something went horribly wrong. Mike Traceur could've been there as a soldier taking part in a field-test exercise jointly overseen by the Pentagon and Knight Industries (and possibly Dr. Graiman and Alex Torres as well). It MIGHT be that Mike either observed the exercise, fought alongside KARR in an engagement with Islamic extremists, OR was actually the test pilot of KARR himself (that would have his artificially induced amnesia make far more sense; Mike knew way too much after whatever happened in Iraq, so they reconditioned his mind prior to his discharge). Whatever Mike knew from the incident would be enough for him to go after Alex with a vengence since Dr. Graiman said to Alex early this season (and I'm paraphrasing), "If he remembers, he'll come after you." to which Alex responds, "We just have to make sure he doesn't remember."

To steal KI3T in order to "re-activate KARR" means something happened to KARR back in Iraq that now requires KI3T's files in order to revive him. Maybe KARR was horribly damaged, and whoever has him now needs those files in order to rebuild KARR's memory matrix.

I also do not think this KARR is actually the old KARR we all know and love to hate. Could be roughly based upon the old one. I really do think it's a classic story of history repeating itself through Dr. Graiman in which he believed he could make amends for his mistakes with the original KARR, and do it right the second time. Seriously, you don't get to be as genius and prodigious like the doc is without some kind of fatal character flaw. ;)
[JACK HURST]
In his 40s, contemptuous, corrupt, and determined, he's a badass NSA Commander who knew Sarah's father and oversaw funding for Knight Industries. He sweeps in with his task force, shuts down the SSC, removes KITT's chip and steals KITT for his own, nefarious purposes...GUEST STAR. SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES
Dr. Graiman told Alex that he believed "KARR is still out there" and wasn't decommissioned. Everything that's happened in the past 7 episodes, including the pilot, tells me there's always been this big conspiracy to get at KI3T and Graiman, and who better than an inside-man like Jack Hurst? And Jack himself may only be the tip of the darker iceberg.

Why remove KI3T's chip? Jack's operative failed in Knight of the Living Dead, so now he's come to do it himself so he can get at those files for the "nefarious purpose" of reviving KARR. I think taking the chip is the primary goal, and KI3T's shell is just an added bonus, or possibly his means of escape from a pissed-off Mike.

My .02 cents, and my rookie post. :)

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:30 am

I believe when they state "steal's KITT's chip", they mean that his files/cpu is removed and put into KARR most likely, not the body of KI3T. Because think about it how else will they be able to go after KARR if they don't have the KI3T shell, unless they bring back the KI2T and MK Sr.??????

Joe