I wonder what Glen Larson really thinks of KR'08.

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Stealthwalker
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

I wonder what Glen Larson really thinks of KR'08.

Post by Stealthwalker » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:15 pm

Maybe someone might have posted the same or similar topic like this, but I thought I would go ahead & do it, because it does have me really "curious" as to what the creator of the "original series" has to say on how this series is being handled whether it's being done "right or wrong".
If anyone has any information, please "post" :good:

"Peace :kitt2: "
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Re: I wonder what Glen Larson really thinks of KR'08.

Post by knightprobe89 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:34 am

i would imagine he would be upset, the original series was so much better, the original car was cooler looking. the new series is like baywatch and team knight rider, the mustang would be much nicer if they did something with the dashboard,and put in a cool steering wheel, as it stands right now kitt is a stock mustang with a voice modulator. and get rid of all of the tacky looking transforming, i think the attack mustang from the 2 hour pilot was much nicer then the new attack mustang.they need to do better stunts and let the car come to mikes rescue, and let the car crash through things. and add some kind of sound affect when it turbo boosts.
in glen larson we trust.

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:52 am

If you watch the credits at the beginning of the episodes, Glen Larson is credited as an executive producer, so I assume he must be somewhat approving if he would allow his name to be attached to it.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:56 am

I read a topic on this board some time ago about this very thing, and apparently he tried unsuccessfully to get an injunction to stop the show being made. I think also that it said something about some weird thing where they don't need his permission to list him as an executive producer, and it's somethign to do with being the original creator of the show.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:01 am

Rockatteer wrote:I read a topic on this board some time ago about this very thing, and apparently he tried unsuccessfully to get an injunction to stop the show being made. I think also that it said something about some weird thing where they don't need his permission to list him as an executive producer, and it's somethign to do with being the original creator of the show.
I thought it might have something to do with such a policy, but I wasn't sure. I was confused when I saw his name because I had heard that he tried to have the series stopped.

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:08 am

From what I remember hearing from Victor way back after the pilot aired, is that they HAVE to give him the Executive Producers credit. I think they have to give him the choice to be involved in the series or an Executive Producer's credit.

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:32 am

Glen Larson has nothing to do with the new series

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:12 pm

As creator of the original show it would be something that would have been written into his contract. So while he isn’t technically involved in the show, the show is still using the characters he developed. That is why he gets a credit and residuals from the show.
The title of Executive Producer is often just an honorary one.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:06 pm

Let him write the The Big Episode- the one where all the old people come back.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:16 pm

The lawsuit was apparently resolved with a monetary settlement (Glen still has family to think about) and he's apparently following the advice of his advisers in having his name put on the new series as a Executive Producer..
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:45 pm

DrWho2005 wrote:Let him write the The Big Episode- the one where all the old people come back.
"Amen!!" I can definitely agree with you on that. :dash4:
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"

youbelong
Rookie

Post by youbelong » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:38 pm

For me he would have hated this version because it is not his version of a 1 man can make a difference not cool no a great relationship between mike & kitt no humour no great action scenes and no good story if i was GST i would put glen larson as consultant of the show and a writter of few episodes of the show

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:59 pm

You know I find the comparisons between the new Knight Rider Show and the sad excuse of a show called Team Knight Rider nauseating. That show was nothign more than a suped up version of the morphin power rangers for crying out loud it was barely watchable if at all. Is one of those things best forgotten such as the animated Stargate sbow (yuck) that ran for a while outthere... This show is barely starting (the 4th episode airs tonight hopefully) and all I see is people screaming for it's demise. :x

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:24 pm

PunkMaister wrote:You know I find the comparisons between the new Knight Rider Show and the sad excuse of a show called Team Knight Rider nauseating.:x
PunkMaister, I watched Team Knight Rider. I heard the chick from my big fat greek wedding speaking as Domino. Beast was the only good vehicle in that show. The other vehicles were not needed. The team concept was not needed. That show was not needed. This show had promise, but most diehard fans want the "one man can make a difference" mission reinstated...not a 101 Knight techs in a super secret underground lab that's under a blimp hanger...ratings will tell if people really want this 90210 Knight Rider.

Bring back the trailer...get back to the basics...blow up the KittCave....cliff 'em all!