Billy calls it the "KITT Cave"

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Billy calls it the "KITT Cave"

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:01 pm

I thought that the term "KITT cave" was a nickname used during production of the show and that it had no meaning within the actual storylines. But Billy called it the KITT Cave by name.

I'm fine with that, but I wish they established that this was kind of an inside joke among the characters. Like maybe Sarah would say "don't let Torres hear you call it that... you know he hates that name."
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Re: Billy calls it the "KITT Cave"

Post by Sue » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:26 pm

I noticed that too.. I wasn't expecting them to use that term on screen. It didn't bother me this time though cause Billy is always joking. And well.. at least he didn't say...
"Holy talking cars Michael! Gee golly we gotta get back to the KITT cave." :mrgreen:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:07 pm

Sue wrote:I noticed that too.. I wasn't expecting them to use that term on screen. It didn't bother me this time though cause Billy is always joking. And well.. at least he didn't say...
"Holy talking cars Michael! Gee golly we gotta get back to the KITT cave." :mrgreen:
It's early days yet... that's being saved for a later episode. *shakes head*
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

zero
Rookie

Post by zero » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:27 pm

I took it as Billy just making a joke. I doubt we'll hear it again.

HyperCaz
Rookie

Post by HyperCaz » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:52 am

Unfortunately, I suspect it will turn up in many fanfictions to come... :?
BEWARE: shipper alert

viper_defender
Recruit

Post by viper_defender » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:02 pm

Well when Billy Called it the Kitt Cave... Its now CANON... No much to the chagrin of many Fans out there.
Knight Rider 1984
Viper 1994
Knight Rider 2008
Men and Machines that make a Difference!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRzKrzXod6Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; See how the Morph!

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:54 pm

I think maybe that's a slip of tongue that the producers overlooked and was not in the actual script. In a conversation with Sarah later during the episode, he again said SSC, not KITT Cave.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

adamtrek
Recruit

Post by adamtrek » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:33 am

If anyone is gonna call it the KITT Cave, it's Billy. He plays a tech geek, and he would be the one to have a nick name for it.

If he said it in an aired episode, it was intentional. Maybe it's a Billy-Zoe thing.
Watching KITT turbo boost since 1982.

HyperCaz
Rookie

Post by HyperCaz » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:30 am

Billy probably fancies himself the Robin to Mike's Batman. :D I can just picture Billy secretly reading a DC comic or two under his desk.
BEWARE: shipper alert

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:16 pm

Like BlueChaos said, he called it SSC to Sarah. It could just be the way he refers to it around Zoe.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Trendane
Recruit

Post by Trendane » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:53 pm

BlueChaos wrote:I think maybe that's a slip of tongue that the producers overlooked and was not in the actual script. In a conversation with Sarah later during the episode, he again said SSC, not KITT Cave.
Producers or not, having worked on a show or two myself, continuity being one of the things I did.....that would never have made it onto the screen without approval. With regard to his conversation 'later' with Sarah...that scene could well have been shot days earlier. There's not really much way for us to tell from this side of the production.
--
Trendane
Looking at the future...in retrospect.

EdwardKnoxII
Operative

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:50 pm

HyperCaz wrote:Billy probably fancies himself the Robin to Mike's Batman. :D I can just picture Billy secretly reading a DC comic or two under his desk.
Well in that case Billy's going to be the Jason Todd Robin. :wink: *Wonder how many people got that joke*

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:18 pm

EdwardKnoxII wrote:
HyperCaz wrote:Billy probably fancies himself the Robin to Mike's Batman. :D I can just picture Billy secretly reading a DC comic or two under his desk.
Well in that case Billy's going to be the Jason Todd Robin. :wink: *Wonder how many people got that joke*
But well...we all know who really is the real robin... :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

EdwardKnoxII
Operative

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:05 pm

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:
EdwardKnoxII wrote:
But well...we all know who really is the real robin... :D
Tim Drake. :D

fatkidskinnyman
Volunteer

Post by fatkidskinnyman » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:37 pm

Hey all - I happen to know that the term "KITT Cave" was neither a slip of the tongue nor an ad-lib. It's simply the name dubbed affectionately by the gang for the SSC. You may notice in "I Wanna Rock and Roll All Knight" that in the billiards room the words KITT Cave have been spray painted graffiti style on the back wall.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:47 pm

Personally I think that if any character were to give it that name it would be Billy since that is something I could see the character, as he's been presented so far, would come up with.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:16 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Personally I think that if any character were to give it that name it would be Billy since that is something I could see the character, as he's been presented so far, would come up with.
Yea I'd totally agree that Billy would be in to comics as an extension of what we know of his gaming activities. With that, he would also be familiar with Batman and the similarities between where the two vehicles are kept would not have gone unnoticed by him. In Billy's defence, Zoe would have understood the reference too, having spent so much time with him (and coming from a similar background albeit with the added linguistic skills)