This is not a joke, you have to read this!!!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

This is not a joke, you have to read this!!!

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:30 am

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/knight- ... 23421.aspx

I am utterly speachless.
I cant comment on this right now, but i had to post it.

I hope tonight's episode is amazing.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Re: This is not a joke, you have to read this!!!

Post by BlueChaos » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:39 am

DAMN!!!!! What are the writers of the show thinking??? Now the show will really sink......
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:43 am

Meh, this strikes me as a tactic for Da Hoff to either get more screen time or get more money out of any potential appearance. He made a similar statement a while back (before the series aired) and then backtracked about a month later on video. If GST gave him a big enough part (as he's hinted he wants to) and NBC offers him enough $$$, trust me, he'll be on. The big deciding factor right now is the show getting orders beyond the 13 eps.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:47 am

Those comments (they're actually quoting from another site, Showbiz Spy) made by Hasselhoff aren't new, just as the newspapers over here quoted his "Indiana Jones without Indiana Jones" remarks when the first episode aired.

I'll be keeping an open mind for the time being. He's devoted many years of his life to getting a new Knight Rider off the ground, I don't think he'll turn his back on it now (especially when the role will be given more prominence than it had in the TV movie).
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:56 am

I agree with what Paul just said and said similar on the article itself. Hasselhoff's quotes from the summer seem to be fodder for a new article every other week. The man really needs to start saying the date in his quotes

“Hopefully it will take off; October 8, 2008, I wish them nothing but the best.”

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:09 pm

Also, don't forget, GST said in his Knight Writers post just the other day that they're still working on it.

http://blog.nbc.com/knightrider/2008/10 ... _got_a.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a replay of the old Contact Music stories (from earlier in the year) all over again.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:22 pm

Yeah, these are comments from before GST started talks with David.
I've read them some time ago, so I doubt this is actual news.

I guess we will see David on the show.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:53 pm

These supposed "new" Hoff statements are all the same. just going over what has already been said.

This is just news for the sake of news.....bleh :evil:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:29 pm

goldbug wrote:Meh, this strikes me as a tactic for Da Hoff to either get more screen time or get more money out of any potential appearance. He made a similar statement a while back (before the series aired) and then backtracked about a month later on video. If GST gave him a big enough part (as he's hinted he wants to) and NBC offers him enough $$$, trust me, he'll be on. The big deciding factor right now is the show getting orders beyond the 13 eps.
I actually think it's more a tactic for the Web site to get more readers. That is their main goal, afterall. It doesn't necessarily matter how popular the site or newspaper is; for example, I read in the Daily News how there will be a 3rd Batman film entitled The Caped Crusader with Angelina Jolie as Catwoman and Johnny Depp being considered for the part of the Riddler, when in fact Christopher Nolan was on vacation and had no plans to make a 3rd film. The media is typically responsible for starting and/or fueling rumors because they need readers. And as others have pointed out, these are all old quotes.

This news is also in contradiction to everything we were lead to believe from Gary Scott Thompson himself on how they plan to bring in David for an important story arc. The only other reason he has not appeared yet and has no appearance set in stone is because of his scheduling. After David films Beverly Hills Ninja II, his schedule will hopefully be more free and the series will be picked up for the "back 9" episodes.

As with anything else, I'd take this with a big grain of salt and wouldn't worry about it in the least.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:59 pm

Yeah, these clowns are just recycling quotes from months ago, nothing new since rumor mongering idiots have been recycling old casting rumors from Batman Begins (Johnny Depp as Riddler, Philip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin) and even as far back as Batman Returns (Cher as Catwoman) once TDK came out and was a huge success. None of which had any truth to them originally and were recycled and still don't. :roll:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

DeeKnight
Operative

Post by DeeKnight » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:15 pm

How many times are we gonna read these old quotes? The hoff said that before the pilot aired in febuary!

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:16 pm

Sorry bout this. I didnt know those David quotes were from an old interview. It looked new to me.
My bad.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

MikeLutton
Operative

Post by MikeLutton » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:48 pm

good way to scare somebody though my god im glad it is old and hope he does make a special appearance sooner then later besides hoff is the real knight rider he and the real kitt have to show up sometime

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:20 pm

Faithful Car KRO wrote:Sorry bout this. I didnt know those David quotes were from an old interview. It looked new to me.
My bad.
Not your fault, blame the idiots rehashing old quotes to stir up ****. :P

Here's who's to blame, we should flood the comments section. >_>

http://www.showbizspy.com/showbiz/10072 ... Rider-Role" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT: There, done though for some reason apparently "Subject" also makes it so your "name" isn't shown. So I'm "Recycling" there. :lol: Though I guess the name does show up where it says "recent comments".
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:24 pm

Whether the quote is old or not is one thing but the article is clearly telling us that KR08 is hitting the gutter.

In Hasselhoff's own words: "I went in and pitched Knight Rider to the network with all the intentions of coming back as, like, the dad or something," David Hasselhoff told Showbiz Spy. "But they decided to go a different route. So I just said 'See ya later and good luck."

I'm pretty sure the quote is from an earlier interview but when Gary Scott Thompson told us that Hasselhoff was going to be submerged into the show at some point I think we all took it for granted that this was certainly to be the case. In the article (above); however, he claims to have discussed with him just briefly! Besides how are they going to reinstate Ki2t again? They made 18 different cars in total to perform the stunts they did in the 80's TV show. Many of them do not even exist as far as I know and the tour car seem to belong to George Barris, surely they can't use that? They haven't even consulted with William Daniels yet and dudging from how things are going I'm not sure if they will manage to get him do Kitt's voice again on such short notice.

Also, one last thing about the show that I just have to bring up: the nudity! Doesn't it bother you guys that they include semi naked girls in every single episode (including the pilot)? I haven't yet been able to watch Knight of the Iguana but so far I've seen nothing but nudity apart from occasional action and Sarah seems to be one step from undressing completely! " - Oh, fast cars make me hot!"

Sorry if I led this a little off topic. Sorry about that.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:23 pm

These were Hasselhoff's old comments when the other guy from NBC was running it and didn't want him on the show. New guy = Much Better Chance of Original MK & KI2T Returning! :)

Joe

zero
Rookie

Post by zero » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:24 pm

Knight-Armen wrote: Also, one last thing about the show that I just have to bring up: the nudity! Doesn't it bother you guys that they include semi naked girls in every single episode (including the pilot)? I haven't yet been able to watch Knight of the Iguana but so far I've seen nothing but nudity apart from occasional action and Sarah seems to be one step from undressing completely! " - Oh, fast cars make me hot!".
Not at all. I love it, and there's nothing wrong with it. Knight Rider is TAME compared to most shows. Do you live under a rock? Also, there's is no NUDITY! There's a difference between NUDITY and people wearing revealing clothing. I can see more in a Sears catalouge than on Knight Rider. Geez.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:46 am

Tame? As in boring?

I live under a rooftop just like most people and believe that one should draw a line as to how much semi naked people they should have on a show like this. Doesn't mix very well together!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:09 am

Well after watching the 3rd episode I have came to the conclussion that the Hoff might be the only thing that could save this show. That episode was horrible.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:21 am

DevonStyles - My friend, I hate to say "I told you so"...

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:58 am

Episode was fantastic! Journey to the end of Knight and Knight of the Iguana was super episodes! I'm tired of reading those negative comments. I watched pilot movie and season premiere as critic, that's because i was disappointed. Journey to the End of Knight and Knight of the Iguana i watched relaxed, as a new show, and it was super fantastic! Stop comparing new Knight Rider to the old one, forget the old one for one hour when you watch new one and be blown away with adventures, cars, beautiful cast, colorful pictures, great music and so on! New Knight Rider is getting better and better each week. I think it's getting better because i'm stoping to compare the new one to the old one, each week i watch more relaxed and open-minded and it helps! I just love the new series! Don't be so conservative Knight-Armen, DevonStyles and others. You really should learn to watch the new KR open-minded :) It's really funny to whatch when yoú're not looking for some mistake in episode, that you can complain about, you should notice good things, but not bad! I learned that and i'm really very excited about this new series. And again, learn to stop noticing only bad things! Show is not perfect, but it's very good!

zero
Rookie

Post by zero » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:55 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:Tame? As in boring?

I live under a rooftop just like most people and believe that one should draw a line as to how much semi naked people they should have on a show like this. Doesn't mix very well together!
What impact does it have on the story? What's wrong with a little eye candy anyway? How can you even use the term "naked" about this at all? North America is the only place in the world where people get so uptight about sex, it's ridiculous. Nudity and sex are natural parts of life. Television is much more liberal about this now than it was in the 80s, the times have changed. If you can't deal with it, watch something else or watch your DVDs of the old show. I'm so sick of conservative people like you whining about this.

::Jon::
Recruit

Post by ::Jon:: » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:39 pm

How much semi-nudity did GST have in Las Vegas... and we know how many season that went for.

Will
Rookie

Post by Will » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:46 pm

Meh...I think its a hox...David wants to be in it. The directors want him in it...he'll be in it. *Nods.*
If at first you don't succeed...cheat, repeat, until caught...

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:09 am

What impact does it have on the story? What's wrong with a little eye candy anyway? How can you even use the term "naked" about this at all? North America is the only place in the world where people get so uptight about sex, it's ridiculous. Nudity and sex are natural parts of life. Television is much more liberal about this now than it was in the 80s, the times have changed. If you can't deal with it, watch something else or watch your DVDs of the old show. I'm so sick of conservative people like you whining about this.
There is a difference between naked and semi naked. When you're exposing over 80 % of your body shouldn't that count as nudity? Now, I'm not saying that it disgusts me but in 40 minutes of airtime you should really be going on a tight schedule to even consider putting those kind of scenes in action. But hey, live with it. Both you and I have our own P.O.W.'s