Is NBC committed to Knight Rider?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MonkeyMan576
Stranger

Is NBC committed to Knight Rider?

Post by MonkeyMan576 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:45 am

If Knight Rider maintains its ratings, that is, that it beats Pushing Daisies but falls behind Bones, will it be picked up for a second season?

ozzieknight
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Is NBC committed to Knight Rider?

Post by ozzieknight » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:44 am

That's what I want to know, if NBC is happy with the show's ratings/demographics so far?

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:41 am

Doesn't it need to be picked up first for the full 1st season, beyond the first 13 episodes? I wonder when that decision will be made? I have a feeling the Hasselhoff & original KITT episodes might boost the ratings considerably... ;)

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:14 am

KITTfan wrote:Doesn't it need to be picked up first for the full 1st season, beyond the first 13 episodes? I wonder when that decision will be made? I have a feeling the Hasselhoff & original KITT episodes might boost the ratings considerably... ;)
Then if that do happen, fans will make a strong request for Hoff and KI2T to appear on EVERY episode :mrgreen:
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

DavidKnight
Rookie

Post by DavidKnight » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:38 pm

Well, i heard that somewhere that the NBC expected...better numbers, so i think they aren't satisfied with its ratings.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:46 pm

i have a bad feeling it isn't going to last, though I do personally like the show very much.....I wonder if it gets cancelled :cry: :? :oops: :x :oops: if we'll ever find out what happened to Mike :?:

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:20 pm

I mentioned this in another thread, as per my conversation with one of the show's producers.

NBC is committed to the show. If they hold or improve these numbers they are almost certain to air the first thirteen, and will most likely be picked up for the back nine.

They begin shooting episode 11 this week.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:31 pm

Well, ratings were only down slightly from the premiere but overall viewers was slightly up and it was still number one for male viewers and kids. So I think it's off to a better start than Bionic Woman which dropped from week to week though I think Bionic Woman had a lot more total viewers initially though by the end it only had a fraction of its initial audience stick around.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:35 pm

Maybe they need to switch nights

MonkeyMan576
Stranger

Post by MonkeyMan576 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:11 pm

Yeah, it might be better as a Friday night show without such heavy competition and without such high expectations. Is there a chance this could get picked up by Sci-Fi or Slueth?

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:23 pm

I've enjoyed the show thus far, maybe even Sundays would be good........I'd like to see it last past the 13 episodes

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:39 pm

I think Friday would be a terrible day these days and cable is certainly not an option since they usually worth with much smaller budgets. Wednesday isn't bad at all, I mean the only competition right now is Bones. Fridays is the day where most shows are sent to die, with some exceptions.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

R.E.V
Volunteer

Post by R.E.V » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:24 pm

Agreed...Even "Friday Night Lights" couldn't survive on Fridays.
:dash4:
Now that's just wonderful. You stick me in mothballs for nearly a decade, and then you sell my parts like I'm inventory for Manny, Moe and Jack.

xmguy
Rookie

Post by xmguy » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:28 pm

MonkeyMan576 wrote:Yeah, it might be better as a Friday night show without such heavy competition and without such high expectations. Is there a chance this could get picked up by Sci-Fi or Slueth?
Both SciFi and Slueth have picked up the Original series. Scifi back in 2003. Then Slueth has the Original series on now (which I'm watching, never get tired of that show. :D :wink: )
LOYAL Knight Rider fan since 1995
:spmgo:

AzBat360
Recruit

Post by AzBat360 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:47 pm

Sunday wouldn't work since that's Sunday Night Football, unless you want it on right before the game at 7pm Eastern. Friday & Saturday nights would be a death sentence. Monday & Thursday nights are off limits due to the already high rated shows there. Only Tuesday & Wednesday are available. And looking at the shows on Tuesday, it makes more sense to put KR on Wednesday where there is less competition. I say keep it where it is. There's a lot to be said for leaving a show in the same time slot for at least its inaugural season.

Tommy McClain

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:49 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:I think Friday would be a terrible day these days and cable is certainly not an option since they usually worth with much smaller budgets. Wednesday isn't bad at all, I mean the only competition right now is Bones. Fridays is the day where most shows are sent to die, with some exceptions.

Ugh, that was supposed to be "work" not worth. That also should have been Friday without an "s". >_>

But yeah, a lot of people are out on Friday, including a large portion of the target audience might not even be around on that day or actually have some direct competition.

Kitzira
Operative

Post by Kitzira » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:29 pm

My worry is when Lost restarts.. That's usually a Wed night show at 8pm. If KR is currently second Wed @ 8pm, it'll fall to 3rd or worse when other shows restart.

Friday night is a death night of tv. Heck, if ABC can't do sitcom TGIF anymore, that says something. Friday nights are now when families go out for dinner or movies. Sunday has become the new mega-hit night 'cause everyone is in and back to normal life for their Monday work.
Read KR Fanfiction and Post your own at http://www.knightfic.com

AzBat360
Recruit

Post by AzBat360 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:31 pm

Kitzira wrote:My worry is when Lost restarts.. That's usually a Wed night show at 8pm. If KR is currently second Wed @ 8pm, it'll fall to 3rd or worse when other shows restart.
Actually the last time Lost aired at the 8pm Eastern time slot was during its first season. Last season Lost aired Thursday night at 9pm Eastern the first half and 10pm Eastern the second half. I don't think we need to worry about Knight Rider airing at the same time as Lost.

Tommy McClain

Kitzira
Operative

Post by Kitzira » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:19 am

Bah! This is what I get for the time conversion. I'm in Central area, so Lost has always been an 8pm show to me. I don't have tv now, so I keep seeing KR listed @8pm slot, instead of the real 7pm slot it is here.

I still wonder how Eastern and Mountain time ppl can stay up so late for a 10pm show. Most ppl here are falling asleep @ 10pm so that they can repeat their wonderful 7am-5pm work day.
Read KR Fanfiction and Post your own at http://www.knightfic.com