KR08 needs YOU. Respond to Reviews

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KR08 needs YOU. Respond to Reviews

Post by sarfraz » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:22 pm

So we have all seen some of the negative reviews coming out in constant hate of KR08. One has even got a live blog hating on the show as its aired episode at a time! Some people seem to have too much time to hate. Even some of the slightly positive reviews have little hope for the show. So, what can we do? For starters, if you believe in the show, respond to the negative reviews.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television ... ider_N.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/01/knig ... episode-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://io9.com/5058196/knight-rider-tea ... o-be-a-man" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://blog.zap2it.com/ithappenedlastni ... er-th.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These are just a sample of reviews were you can respond. The top two I suspect have more site traffic. Please be considerate and intelligent in your response in these reviews. If you like the show, tell them why or why the reviewer is wrong. Ultimately your representing the community so bear that in mind.

If anyone has any higher profile reviews from any major site, please post it here. Members can then retaliate on the reviewers.

We need to get the word out irrelevance and hope they give the show a chance rather than taking the opinion of just a reviewer. I haven't a clue if any of this will work, but every little effort helps.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Re: KR08 needs YOU. Respond to Reviews

Post by weeezl » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:58 pm

:shock: Were there any positive comments in those reviews?

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:05 pm

Exactly the reason why we need to mobilise our forum and get positive opinions out. I think the third review was kinda positive but that is debatable!

Sarfraz

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:43 am

Welp, I've commented on all the reviews listed above (some take time to approve your comments) and the one on IGN. I think this is a good idea to show there are other viewpoints out there right now. I get the gut feeling from reading the comments of other people that KR is just the "show to bash" right now. It seems every now and then shows come out like that, and it's sad because most of the bashers clearly don't remember much of the original. They seem to think the original KR was Shakespeare or something when in fact it was cheesy good fun. Sad to see that really.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

Kevin Knight
Volunteer

Post by Kevin Knight » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:44 pm

I tried watching with an open mind, but can't get passed the CG turbo boost and truck. BUT, what I was surprised to see was a survey on a website that has TV shows streaming. (I'm catching up on LOST, and can't watch other shows Like Sara Connors, entourage etc. due to my personal schedule) It had a list of new shows asking which will get cancelled first. Surprisingly for the relatively high ratings Knight Rider, was on there, with 4 other shows. Too bad. The new generation deserves their own Knight Rider.

But can someone explain the changing license plate?

KK

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:56 pm

Kevin Knight wrote:But can someone explain the changing license plate?
KI3T can morph.He can morph his license plates whenever needed.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Jedi Knight
Stranger

Post by Jedi Knight » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:58 pm

Simplify everything!!! Less CGI, less storylines going on at once, less pickup transformations (or any for that matter.) Less is more. It seems like they are trying to let the 'extras' carry the show. Get back to basics: simple story, simple humor, and make it fun to watch. Don't try and make it all things to all people. It doesn't have to try to be as heavy as The Shield, but it shouldn't be as light as Scrubs. Stop trying to be a little Transformers here, a little Fast and the Furious there, with a dash of 24.

We as die-hard fans will defend the new show to the death because we are familiar with the story and want to see it live on, but we shouldn't defend it into the ground. It does need work, and we have said that on this site. Don't worry, the writers are hearing our concerns. It just may take a while for them to make the necessary changes. They've already shot so many episodes, they can't just re-do.

Episode 2 was a lot better than the season premier, but it does need work to tone it down.

I personally don't mind the new show. I just watch it with a grain of salt and know it's going to be a little corny. That's why I like the original, it was light, but fun to watch. Give them a little grace to get their act together, and eventually, it will be fine.

:kitt2:
"A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist." -Knight Rider

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:18 pm

I just wanted to bump this thread up, cause this is really important. It's an easy grassroots effort that we can all help with to convince people to give KR a shot.

I've replied a bunch this week on people reporting on the Hoff interview from months ago - io9 picked up that story today, really silly.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:48 am

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/918/918435p1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/08/knig ... episode-3/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

....more links for people to respond to. These are specific episode 3 reviews. Autoblog just seems to be on a crusade to bad mouth the show. More people that interact with these reviews the better. Thanks all.

Sarfraz

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:39 am

The IGN reviewer must be on something right? He gave Knight in Shining Armor and the Knight of the Iguana (with the latter having a slightly higher rating to the former) a higher rating than Journey to the End of Knight, which is like, the opposite of at least a large portion of us here.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:46 pm

neps wrote:I just wanted to bump this thread up, cause this is really important. It's an easy grassroots effort that we can all help with to convince people to give KR a shot.

I've replied a bunch this week on people reporting on the Hoff interview from months ago - io9 picked up that story today, really silly.
It looks like Io9 wrote that without even reading the Buddy TV article they were quoting.
Io9 says
In an interview with Buddy TV, the Hoff announced ....
But Buddy said...
"I went in and pitched Knight Rider to the network with all the intentions of coming back as, like, the dad or something," David Hasselhoff told Showbiz Spy. "But they decided to go a different route. So I just said 'See ya later and good luck.'"
This sounds like a bad game of telephone.

Good idea I think i will start responding to these
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

RobWolf
Rookie

Post by RobWolf » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:34 pm

I for one will be supporting the negative reviews (the AutoBlog one is GENIUS), I just wish they'd hurry up and add the show to jumptheshark.com

I'm really sorry, because I didn't want to hate New Knight Rider, but NBC have totally gone off the deep end. I have been giving it a chance, I actually thought episode two was a slight improvement, I was warming to KITT, expecially in 'Accrap Mode' (but that awful turbocharger has to go), and then this week's ep just ruined it. 'Submarine Mode'? Yeah, sure guys. I'll be watching Dexter, Prison Break, and other shows that don't take the p*ss, let me know when you're ready to do things properly.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:00 pm

sarfraz wrote:Exactly the reason why we need to mobilise our forum and get positive opinions out. I think the third review was kinda positive but that is debatable!

Sarfraz
Sadly there are lots and lots of people here in this board that without even watching an episode, probably not a single one absoutely loathe the show and are determined to terminate it off the airwaves just so they can then masturbate to their 80's DVDs forever! :evil: I don;t see the reason for such hatred since as far as I'm concerned there is room for both the old and the new.

RobWolf
Rookie

Post by RobWolf » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:47 pm

Kevin Knight wrote:
But can someone explain the changing license plate?

KK
They can only use the 'KR' plate in close-up, it is not street legal. They have to use the real licence plate when driving (I only just noticed this blooper in this week's episode)

I responded to the USAToday review, there was an address there to send letters for consideration to be printed, so I sent a letter off. So if anyone sees it in USAToday, please let me know.