Did david sing White Bird?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Did david sing White Bird?

Post by Crumbling Down » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:47 pm

In one or two of the episodes they play a song called white bird and I was wondering first off if the male singing is david and second if anyone knew who the women singing the song was.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Re: Did david sing White Bird?

Post by Showpro1 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:51 pm

Crumbling Down;

Yes David & his 1st wife both sang White Bird & the the song was wriiten by a very obscure individual
that was paid by Hasselhoff personally.

Also David & his 1st wife sang duets together in an episode titled Let It Be Me. :dash: :kitt2: :kittspin: :kittspin:
:kittconv2:
Time to button up

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:01 pm

In case you didn't know- his first wife was Catherine Hickland, who played Stevie in those episodes.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:00 pm

knightofthephoenix wrote:In case you didn't know- his first wife was Catherine Hickland, who played Stevie in those episodes.
Who, after her divorce with David, ended up marrying soap-opera star Michael E. Knight... :)
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

EdwardKnoxII
Operative

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:14 pm

Lost Knight wrote:
knightofthephoenix wrote:In case you didn't know- his first wife was Catherine Hickland, who played Stevie in those episodes.
Who, after her divorce with David, ended up marrying soap-opera star Michael E. Knight... :)
Yeah and didn't he play Justin's (the current Michael Knight) dad on All My Children?

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:32 pm

:lol: Yes, yes he did.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

EdwardKnoxII
Operative

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:54 pm

Good lord at this rate they need to go ahead and do a KR/AMC crossover. :shock:

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:29 pm

wow thanks for the info. I always wondered if that women was actually singing in let it be me or not. I never even thought that was his ex wife. You have to admit they make a nice singing couple.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:52 pm

EdwardKnoxII wrote:Good lord at this rate they need to go ahead and do a KR/AMC crossover. :shock:
Just wait until Justin's wife guest stars. :lol:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Romulus9
Rookie

Post by Romulus9 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:08 pm

Ummm...

Hoff and Catherine Hickland didn't sing White Bird. The song was from a folk group called It's a Beautiful Day. The song was originally released in 1969 or 1970 (somewhere in there). The song that's played in White Bird and The Scent of Roses is identical to the one on their album. I don't recall if the song is heard in Let it be Me.

Regardless, the song wasn't performed by the actors, unlike the other songs in Let it be Me.

steventje
Volunteer

Post by steventje » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:23 am

I found White bird one of the best episodes of season 1. It showed a very emotional Hasselhoff and the storyline was quite ok.
I loved the song White bird, so cheesy.

Dr. Graiman
Rookie

Post by Dr. Graiman » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:11 am

Romulus9 wrote:Ummm...

Hoff and Catherine Hickland didn't sing White Bird. The song was from a folk group called It's a Beautiful Day. The song was originally released in 1969 or 1970 (somewhere in there). The song that's played in White Bird and The Scent of Roses is identical to the one on their album. I don't recall if the song is heard in Let it be Me.

Regardless, the song wasn't performed by the actors, unlike the other songs in Let it be Me.

Sorry, but the Hoff and his wife actually covered the song (indeed from Beautiful Day). I've downloaded a
full lenght version years ago...still available at http://www.david-hasselhoff.com/nc_main.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
direct link: http://www.david-hasselhoff.com/downloads/whitebird.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seemed to me this cover version was arranged and produced by Don Peake. Compare it to the White Bird arrangemant on the 2004 Hitchcock Media CD release KNIGHT RIDER-The Best Of Don Peake and you'll come to the same conclusion. Also check out the Hoff Album NIGHT ROCKER to hear other featured songs....

:kittconv:
Attachments
David-Hasselhoff-Night-Rocker-38453.jpg
David-Hasselhoff-Night-Rocker-38453.jpg (50.16 KiB) Viewed 24185 times
Last edited by Dr. Graiman on Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

youbelong
Rookie

Post by youbelong » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:37 am

yeah he is david hasselhoff and the episode called white bird like the song

Black Cat
Recruit

Post by Black Cat » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:37 pm

Dr. Graiman wrote:

Sorry, but the Hoff and his wife actually covered the song (indeed from Beautiful Day). I've downloaded a
full lenght version years ago...still available at http://www.david-hasselhoff.com/nc_main.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
direct link: http://www.david-hasselhoff.com/downloads/whitebird.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well, it's still the original version by It's A Beautiful Day. I'm wondering if there's full version of the cover performed by the Hoff and Catherine.

Dr. Graiman
Rookie

Post by Dr. Graiman » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:12 am

Black Cat wrote:
Dr. Graiman wrote:

Well, it's still the original version by It's A Beautiful Day. I'm wondering if there's full version of the cover performed by the Hoff and Catherine.

Seems you'r right...i've compared them. But the one used in the episode is somewhat different. The arrangement by Don Peake really sounds like the vocal performance in that episode but alike the It's A Beautiful Day One. And the fact is the songs featured in Knight Rider have been all cover versions. At least in my DVD edition. Beginning with Deborah Ludwig Davis performing CCRs 'Proud Mary' in the pilot. Not even 'Take it Easy' has been performed by The Eagles back then, nor 'We Don't Need Another Hero' by Tina Turner in fourth seasons 'Knight of the Juggernaut'. Correct me. Obviously the producers saved ready cash for licenses by taking covers. So why should they take the original 'White Bird'. Was it cheap enough? Do not pass unheaded the voices... the original one by It's A Beautiful Day sounds just like the Hoff. Maybe the Hoff sung this back in the 60s :lol: I've also checked the episode 'White Bird'. The version is still different from the original one. You may hear Catherine Hicklands squeaky voice. Maybe it's another woman's voice...but squeaky. That does not help us further. But it's a cover unless the Hoff was singing this before It's A Beautiful Day (I mean he's the Hoff. Everything is possible) Withal the Hoff performed 'Let It Be Me', 'No Way to Be In Love' and 'Our First Night Together' along with his ex in season 2.....(just to promote his debut 'Night Rocker'?). In Germany many Best Of... albums have been published. None of these featured 'White Bird'. Maybe not one of his best? :lol: .The episode 'White Bird' aired much earlier. I don't think the Hoff was singing at this time for audience...
Don Peake recalls, they (?) have recorded 'White Bird'' before having permission, but couldn't find the songwriters or publisher [see: Joe Huth IV and Richie F. Levine, Knight Rider Legacy,Chapter Five: White Bird Must Fly] ....wich bring as back to the big question: Did David sing White Bird? Who else.... To me 'White Bird' as heared in Knight Rider is incontestable a cover slight to the performing artist whether by the Hoff or Vanessa Mae. The Hoff will know.

youbelong
Rookie

Post by youbelong » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:15 am

this episode called white bird is available in the season one of knight rider the original series :good:

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:11 am

Hilarious.

For years, I just assumed this was sung by David and Catherine- it sounds like him. But then earlier this year I discovered it was actually a real song from a 60's Bay Area band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmb69MdeJBc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I still don't know the answer. Does anyone? It's a pretty song regardless.

Black Cat
Recruit

Post by Black Cat » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:16 pm

Yeah they've used a cover version of the song in the episode, that's for sure. The arrangement is similar, but different. I always thought it was Hoff who did perform it, it sounds really like him. It seems it's one of the few Knight Rider mysteries that aren't solved yet :D