Nielsen Ratings for 9/24

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Nielsen Ratings for 9/24

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:54 pm

Yeah, next week is going to be important, as will the following weeks, at least it isn't all bad with the winning of three key demographics as are the quarter hours. It will be interesting to see how the online premiere/preview will factor in the overall scope of things. The first episode was the number one show downloaded on XBox Live according to someone in the chat room last night. Also, next week without Dancing With the Has Beens and Never Will Be's and the wives/girlfriends/mothers/grandmothers in forceful control of the remote it might receive a boost in the ratings from that and not having it be online a week early, even with those who hated the first episode might hopefully give it another chance.

I still really want to see the results of the download/streaming previews. It almost certainly had several million downloads/views across all the sites hosting it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

calhoun24
Recruit

Post by calhoun24 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:57 pm

Agreed. If NBC has access to the download data from everywhere where the ep premiered (even though the data technically doesn't count as ratings), they'd probably give it a full season order...

But alas, let's just be grateful that we're here, and we're surviving until the next episode.
"One man can make a difference." - Wilton Knight
Long live Wilton's dream and F.L.A.G.!

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:04 pm

I'm starting to wonder how much of the ratings are down to the plastering of negative reviews everywhere? In our current age of the internet, word spreads pretty fast. Back when KR first aired, negative press wouldn't have had such an influence.

What really annoys me is that Bones is beating Knight Rider. Bet that actor from the show is on the floor laughing about this right now!

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

mykittcar
Rookie

Post by mykittcar » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:51 pm

hello

this is my idea of the show they want teenagers and young kids to watch it to me they wont i am 30 years of age and i am growing out of what the teens did they like ,reality shows,MTV stuff,pimp stuff,anything that has to do with drugs,drinking ,or trust me they like sex stuff too,only way i believe teens will watch it if you have some old school and rules to teeth parents and brought them to like the old school stuff like the old Knight rider,a-team,airwolf,star trek ,and if you know where i am coming down to family type shows not the *?$# that's out there today that planely sucks right now networks need to get to being what it was before an be hole some TV shows again, TV to me has gone down hill and they seem not to care about being family oriented shows again. All you are going to get to watch the show is people older than 30 and remember it and care for it and the people keep the family tradition in watching TV thats my thought

jeremiah

Kitzira
Operative

Post by Kitzira » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:28 pm

Family tv went away when TGIF lost it's ratings and reality shows like Survivor is what families started watching when they sat down for dinner.
Read KR Fanfiction and Post your own at http://www.knightfic.com

spto
Volunteer

Post by spto » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:01 pm

Someone said the show flopped...what? Based on one night? Now I know networks these days are quick to pull the trigger but NBC has a history of letting shows grow and gain an audience. Those numbers are slightly disappointing but they won all the important demo numbers so that's one thing going for it. Next week is going to be the key. If a lot of people liked it then you should see similar numbers or even slightly better.

It's kinda tough to have huge numbers when you're going against a juggernaut like Dancing with the Stars and Bones. Those numbers look respectable though i'm sure NBC would want higher numbers. I do think releasing the premiere online hurt it as well as all these negative reviews. (many of whom seemed a bit harsh or unwarranted IMO) We just have to see how next week goes.