"The skin scene"

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: "The skin scene"

Post by neps » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:23 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:What my question is, Why//How did that missle lock onto Mike in the first place?????
I was wondering that as well - I would say heat signature, but KITT said he cooled himself... Maybe Mike has a tracking device in him? But KITT should be able to detect that...

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:26 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:What my question is, Why//How did that missle lock onto Mike in the first place?????
So Mike becoming Knight instead of Traceur is of no consequence or protection unless they (the KR Team, I was very careful to word it THAT way around...) find whatever it was that the missile locked on to...

KARR's Fury
Recruit

Post by KARR's Fury » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:40 pm

I watched the episode and loved it. What I was thinking about the missile is assuming it was launched by the team that was after the package. Knew Mike was gonna be there as they said in the episode. Assuming as well that since they knew him from his past the missle could be coded by DNA. Not that far fetched.

Also what I was thinking about the oxygen in the car is either A) KITT did in fact run low cause he had the cabin airtight to protect them or B) He didn't have the energy to keep the car cool, drive fast, and upload the files. It seems the file transfer killed off his power as KITT predictded. Again, just my thoughts
:karr: I shall return and if you thought I was mean before... :karr:

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:49 am

It'll be awesome if the show get picks up and we'll be able to get answers to all these questions...!
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Phantom
Volunteer

Post by Phantom » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:46 pm

My only bugs in that shot were, as Kram pointed out, how can a missile target one person. If the US had that sorta missile, you wouldn't have to worry about neutralizing terrorists, you'd just program one to seek out Bin Ladin et au and hit [ FIRE ]

So that was one thing that sorta made me frown, the other was KITT was hitting past 300MPH, where in the USA is there a straight road, that is forbidden for other cars or motorvehicles to drive on? First time we see a car in motion excluding KITT or "Optimus Prime Battlemode KITT" is when he's chasing the flash car after cutting off the 'blood-free' thumb. Not very realistic in that sense so to say it was a cheap excuse to show flesh, doesn't really do the shot justice, a better point would be that everyone in the US decided not to drive their cars that night for....... reason.

Would a car ablaze with a special form of Napam not show up on a satelite or drive past a copper or something?

Was surprised KITT didnt have oxygen tanks though, especially if its supposedly going to transform into Submarine Mode KITT. I think the hole transformers and batcave take are trying to merge obvious successful franchises into Knight Rider to keep it on pah with the public which'll be its downfall as people are going to look and say, Knight Rider's ripping Transformers and have borrowed Batman's Cave and turn off rather than the amount of 'flesh' thats in it

My two cents anyhow which has tangented slightly so for that I apologise :)

Ad'

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:16 pm

Kitt's A Submarine ? :?: I think I'd rather him be a boat :?

EdwardKnoxII
Operative

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:35 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:Kitt's A Submarine ? :?: I think I'd rather him be a boat :?
Knightboat: the Crime-Solving Boat. :D

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:55 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:Kitt's A Submarine ? :?: I think I'd rather him be a boat :?
hmm well we refer to them as boats ;) Surface guy would say "my first ship was the uss abraham lincoln" but a submariner would say "my first boat was the USS Los Angeles".. lol :lol:

(it's for historical reasons. At first submarines were very small and placed in the water by larger ships. Usually such a craft is a "boat".)

--Brian

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:05 am

SD_Chick wrote: Actually, I can. Most female underwear is a joke, and reveals much more than boxers/jockey shorts on a guy. I suppose we should be glad Sarah was in boy shorts but still. It annoys me. The scene with Sarah on a stretcher when she pulls her legs up into a crouch on her back bugs me the most because it looked like... you know.
SD Chick,

I think the OP was saying that (straight) women would be attracted to Justin Bruening and interested in seeing his firm muscular body? So what was your opinion on that? lol :)

I prefer women, but I have to admit he has a nice body, wish I looked like him, even when I was in shape in the service I didn't look like that...back then I was 5'7" and 140, abs were flat but not six pack like his! lol....now I'm like 155 and it's not muscle that was added :-( :lol:

--Brian

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:29 am

I think people need to watch Knight of the Phoenix again and look at what Maggie was wearing at the bar she was working at or later in the night when she was wearing a tight white shirt and it must have been a little nippy outside.

Now there's things that could have been changed/fixed that didn't serve a purpose. Though maybe the bar was in a way a humiliation since she needed to support her kid... But still..
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:58 am

CLARIFICATION: By boat, I should have said what I meant....When KITT(2000) floated in Season 2( :?: ) would be more believable than being a SubMarine.....I haven't heard about this 'Sub-Mode' yet, is it really going to be a Function or is it just speculation......

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:05 pm

Yea I noticed that in Knight of Phoenix. They were hard for like the entire episode well atleast until she wasn't wearing the shirt. I know that the original did have michael as a womanizer meeting and hitting on every women he saw even bonnie. I can't beleive he never made a pass at april. I know in the new episode that the stripping scene was added as a reason to show off both their bodies. I don't think it was really necessary to show them doing that. It was sorta like showing the fbi agent in bed with a women. It had no point but to show another skin/bed scene and possibly get ratings. I think if they went with a more pg show that more parents would let their younger children watch it. If I had kids I wouldn't mind them watchin the original KR. It didn't really have any graphic scenes like the new show does. Most of the semi innapproapriate material from the original may be overlooked or misinterpereted if they are not old enough. Showing a scantily clad women and man though has a different effect on younger children. I don't know what the new show is rated as I never really pay attention. I am sure it's probably tv-14 or something so I know younger kids shouldn't be watching anyway. I don't mind the sexual referances and depictions in the new show but I think they should be toned down some so the younger viewing audience can grow up watching a great show like we all did 25 years ago. A little off topic but if I remember right didn't mike take off his shoes and socks? For some reason I remember when they pulled into central command station when they drug him out of the car he had no shoes or socks on. I don't see why he would remove them as I doubt that would do little if any to help cool his body.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:33 pm

Crumbling Down wrote: A little off topic but if I remember right didn't mike take off his shoes and socks? For some reason I remember when they pulled into central command station when they drug him out of the car he had no shoes or socks on. I don't see why he would remove them as I doubt that would do little if any to help cool his body.
Ever tried taking your pants off while leaving your shoes on?
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:48 pm

^^ That and body heat regulation starts from the bottom of the body and rises up. Ever wore socks or winter shoes in the summer? Pretty damn torturing.

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:27 am

Kram061-1 wrote:CLARIFICATION: By boat, I should have said what I meant....When KITT(2000) floated in Season 2( :?: ) would be more believable than being a SubMarine.....I haven't heard about this 'Sub-Mode' yet, is it really going to be a Function or is it just speculation......
hmm well perhaps a clarification is in order on my part, I did not mean to say that KITT is a submarine, I was just relating my own past experiences!! lol.

Actually there's no reason KITT cannot submerge in a controlled manner if he is watertight. Just needs a "screw"/propeller, and ideally, bowplanes/wings; the downward hydrodynamic force would compensate for the lack of mass. Normally, when you dive a submarine, you take on water into the ballast tanks; this causes the mass of the boat to be greater in comparison to the mass of the water the boat displaces, thus reducing her buoyancy (Archimedes law). But you only need ballast tanks to maintain a certain depth without propulsion. I'm not a physicist, but I don't know of any physical law that would preclude KITT from doing this.

It would be easier with the Trans Am, since it is more aerodynamic/hydrodynamic.

A car that becomes a submersible was demonstrated in the Bond movie The Spy Who Loves Me (I think).

I am frustrated that I can't think of the name of the guy who made a submersible that is operated and "flies" underwater like an airplane. I'll probably think of it later lol....

--Brian

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:01 pm

Yes, seeker it was the Spy Who Loved Me. I was about to mention it. It was a Lotus Espirit. I love the scene when he drives up the beach :P
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:58 am

I JUST REMEMBERED THE SUBMERSIBLE I WAS THINKING OF, IT IS CALLED "DEEP FLIGHT" :)

Deep Flight

Remember, as you read in the FAQ on that site, it dives by using hydrodynamic forces, much like what an airplane does (and that's how KITT was seen to do it in tonight's episode), as opposed to using ballast tanks, like a submarine. And as for the maximum depth of a US submarine, "greater than 800 feet" is all I can say.

--Brian